Sony Tablet S - user opinions and reviews

401962

6.6
6.6
6.7

> In reply to Gio @ 2012-06-28 08:16 from v0qu - click to readthank you sir..that was some help..!!

• 2012-08-11 20:09
  • utv8

I have been using this wifi only Sony Tablet S for abt 6 mnths now and i am pleased with wht Sony has done.. Specially the most innovative is the design which not only is pleasing to look at but very very handy when it comes to use the tab i can use this tab for 2-3 hrs in a row without feeling any thing in my hand unlike the samsung tabs or the much hypes stupid ipad.. i have new ipad as well.. but the comfort level for sony is amazing...!!! No Tab compares to sony tab on tht.
coming to Performance.. the frnt cam sucks...!!! SOny has given a 0.3 mp cam which works fine in sunlight but goes totally black in room light.. back cam is pretty ok.. i dnt use it much..
Battery life is ok considering the android tabs.. i use it a lot so i have to charge it everyday too.... it takes arnd 3-4 hrs for it to completly get chrged and then i can easily take out 8 hrs of continous use..
After the ICS update the performace has improved.. dunno if sony wud think to give it jelly bean or not.
Playing games is pleasure..
Screen is fantastic.. 1280 X 800 is workable on the tab..
touch is awesome.. considering tht i paid a lot for the authentic screen guard frm sony which does pay well....

One prb tht i have faced dunno abt the others.. after the ICS update the normal screen is ok.. but as soon as u get a pop-up screen the background screen goes all pixelating which is very disturbng....

Rest the Tab is nice..
the dual core processsors are good to work with.... i Took the 32GB variant so i dnt have the prb with the space...if i do i can use another 32GB SD card :)
Play Store is good to fizzle with the apps...

Good work Sony. Cheers.

• 2012-08-06 20:24
  • 2@c6

> In reply to KT @ 2012-07-19 07:31 from s8xV - click to readI agree 100%. Before buying I had no interest buying a sony tablet, but I must say this seems to be the world's best android tablet (I try many others). I own the SGPT112US/S model. A question to other owners. I bought the sony cable adapter which I have been using until now only as USB host. It is okay to plug an A-male to A-male adapter so I can connect to my laptop or do you suggest another micro USB to A-male cable. Thanks in advance.

• 2012-07-30 13:54
  • LxKj

> In reply to Sridhar Edwillis @ 2012-07-25 20:46 from bCfR - click to readYes, it is possible using the micro USB to USB female cable adapter. An external HDD (FAT32) is accepted too.

• 2012-07-30 13:42
  • LxKj

> In reply to KT @ 2012-07-19 07:31 from s8xV - click to readcan u tell me that we can able connect pendrive or dongle to sony tablet s

• 2012-07-25 20:46
  • bCfR

Love this tablet. I've used an Ipad 1&2, Samsung tablet and other wonders like the S1, S2 and Note in the past, and this baby is better than all of them.

Love the universal remote function, PS3 wireless remote compatibility; PS1 games are available at the PS Store, nice intuitive features over the android ICS. Don't ignore it because its a Sony product, try it and I'm certain you will choose this over any other tablet in the market.

• 2012-07-19 07:31
  • s8xV

Why my sony tablet s 4.0.3 dont have plug in for yahoo messenger? So my video call & voice does not work? How can I fix it?

• 2012-07-16 21:28
  • YTNR

• 2012-07-16 21:26
  • YTNR

for wifi issue ..has the wifi-disconnection-when-locked-issue(android V4.xx) fix it!!
no need to download anything, just go to setting > wifi > option (on top right)> advance > wifi disconnection policy > select never. DONE! try it guys!

• 2012-07-12 17:29
  • tVuQ

> In reply to TSSB @ 2012-07-01 10:03 from rA6i - click to readThere is another model which is having 3g features, i.e Sony Tablet S 3G. I have one. I am using 2g network connection only that works fine. 2G or 3G both work on a single sim. Only the specific service has to be activated.

• 2012-07-11 08:59
  • 2@Xc

Can it work with 2G sim?In my place there is no 3G service.only 2G internet service.can I buy this tablet?

• 2012-07-01 10:03
  • rA6i

To all users having the wifi issue in this tablet.. Download advanced wifi lock.. mine has the wifi-disconnection-when-locked-issue.. the advanced wifi lock (which is available in the google play store) helped me fix the issue... Other than that this device is astounding!.. I just hope sony will fix an update to Android 4.1 jelly bean cause it will be REALLY disappointing if they stop on ICS..

• 2012-06-28 08:16
  • v0qu

Got one a couple of days back,and I should tell my confidence in sony is just growing from the k series to the P1i to this beauty,i have a htc hd 2 for 2 yrs and now having it rooted to android gb and so dint have time to try xperia series,but recent addition is this beauty and Im just relishing it still..

Wifi connected on day one and instantly ICS update was available and did it in no time,but it was a 170mb file and it took no more than 15-20 minutes on my phone s wi fi router with airtel 3g.. Issues with wi fi seems very negligible and every other wifi connection I ve used so far has dat and so its nothing wrong..

Other sd card reading only all crap is solved by ics update,my system updates itself with the contents of the microsd card I tested with a sd card adapter..

Form design screen jus awesome.

Front vga cam useless,yeah but yet to use skype so cant tell now..

Back cam n vdos are great..

Apps are a little low in no,yeah but given the potential of android it will definitely grow and im ready to wait..

The inbuilt remote control and dlna seems to be added advantage..

Have to order a 32 GB micro sd card soon for all my precious stuff..

Will update soon after I test all features..

• 2012-06-27 17:04
  • U{F%

> In reply to arif @ 2012-06-15 14:15 from 3Chb - click to readi have apk file for yahoo messenger video calling, if you want give me your email and i will send it to you

• 2012-06-26 20:09
  • 3JKQ

> In reply to sony tab s reality @ 2012-04-14 17:12 from 3JKQ - click to readThe rest i like except i cant even see my own face while skyping at nite in my room..my room light is quite bright and still cant see myself..this is very frustrating..

• 2012-06-24 18:39
  • IVSn

> In reply to raj @ 2012-06-21 21:18 from t}eq - click to readRaj, many thanks for the info. On sony´s website you can read that you must have at least 80MB available. Well I will consider the 200MB you said. Space is not a problem. The problem is my wi-fi connection. With some files I have to restart the download when the connection fails. That can be very annoying. And of course I know, every update to the system cannot be reverted. Have a nice day.

• 2012-06-24 13:12
  • LxKj

> In reply to james @ 2012-06-19 07:15 from LxKj - click to readThe file is 200 MB and once upgraded, cannot be reversed to previous android version.

• 2012-06-21 21:18
  • t}eq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-08 12:18 from MpPV - click to readI would like to update to ICS soon, the wifi issues are
simply there, so I would like to know how big (MB) the update is. I have to reset my wifi connection constantly. By the way the tablet is simply great. Hopefully sony can fix the wifi-issue soon. Thanks in advance.

• 2012-06-19 07:15
  • LxKj

> In reply to sony tab s reality @ 2012-04-14 17:12 from 3JKQ - click to readI am also loving this tablet. But, be realistic about the battery life. Its not 9-10 hrs with heavy usage but 5-6 hrs. Yes, stanby time with minimal usage can offcourse go upto 9-10 hrs. I do not see any major/unmanageable issues. Yes, weak wifi signal could be an issue. But, even with that I am able to browse well sitting in another room. My laptop shows full wifi signal strength whereas the tablet shows at an average 50% signal strength.

• 2012-06-18 19:48
  • 2@XL

> In reply to jm @ 2012-04-13 10:14 from 3JKN - click to readi do have a problem, if u have an idea pls share with me

• 2012-06-15 14:15
  • 3Chb
Total of 174 user reviews and opinions for Sony Tablet S.