This is awesome tablet.. but why the hell yahoomessenger video plug in isnot supported for this device? Anyone having the same problem?
I bought this tablet in December near Xmas. This tablet is a fabulous product from Sony that unifies all Sony experience into this product. The sound quality on earphones is just awesome. HD video quality is superb. Multi-tasking experience is cool. DLNA works superb.. It is way much better than Apple's iPad and Samsung Tab. Really love this product. Cradle is a must buy for people who like to watch movies or do office work. Swype keyboard works just fine on tablet. I am eagerly waiting for Sony to launch the ICS android 4.0 for Singapore market. Proud to be part of the Sony family. All praises for Sony!!!!!!
but guys no doubt its really fantastic but its playing video having format avi. and vlc i also downloaded players but nt playing videos what i can do now????
Colors far less vivid or vibrant compared to the feather weight galaxy tab 7.7" samoled.
I bought it one a week ago.
Based on my experience here is what i like:
-Great design (something new and fresh, unlike those rubbish copies from other makers like Samsung) It really stands out from the others
- Dimensions, speacialy very light less than 600g
- features, you get Playstation, also the exclusive remote control you can control any equipment on your house.
- SD card expansion slot can be very handy, you can expand your memory as much as you like.
- Sony has put a great effort to distinguish itself from the others, so all all menus feel a little different which is good, all the user interface feels like it´s an Android but with a few twitches.
- Power! you get lots of it, with dual core, and 1GB of RAm, multi tasking is smooth, even if you have loads of apps even games running at the same time.
Which could be improoved
- Proprietary dock, following the same foot steps like Apple, so it only works with a sony charger. If you broke or loose be prepared to buy another at the nearest Sony store. Also being a 9.4 is somehow different from the standards of others manufacturers so finding cases is hard, and the Sony accessories are very expensive.
- Honeycomb is way better than other Android versions, but, the Android Market is still a let down, on apps made for tablets, it still has a lot to catch up against Apple store. The good thing is, Sony has confirmed that they will release th ICS update so hopefully it will even faster and smoother than ever.
So summing all, it´s a valid option if you´re looking for something different than Ipad. The hardware is even better, but at the moment Apple store is still more complete and the apps are better.
But you really can´t feel that Sony has all the potential, it´s unique, you wont regret it!
I had not the opportunity to test the battery they announce 8h, but Sony is usually good so you should be able to get the most out of their batteries :)
I got this tab one month ago, My mates at collage have tabs but not this sexy with the design and performance,not to mention the display, this sure turns everyone's head. if ya wondering... just buy it.
It is sold with a 3G Wifi router here. A joint-promo with phone provider. Does it means sony tablet S could have a gprs connection with that router? If it is yes, than we can browse anytime and anywhere while there's no wifi connection.
Anonymous, 02 Mar 2012it don't have gprs ????????????????????this is wi-fi only tablet.
This tablet is gorgeous!
Much better than the iPad 2 if you ask me.
I was wondering why this particular model (wifi only) was rated for a few weeks with only 5 points or less after having an overall rating of around 9 for a long time. Now the numbers reflect the truth. This tablet appears to be currently the best android tablet in the world. Short review (SGPT112US/S) and voting will follow after a couple weeks of use. Greetings.