Sony Tablet S - user opinions and reviews

6.6
6.6
6.7

As a taboholic I can say this, camera+ ,sdcard+, image+
For those +++ only you can skip samg & fruity pad ...

• 2012-02-13 22:39
  • 0rKy

> In reply to andi @ 2012-02-11 11:59 from SY0n - click to readyeah im also hoping that Sony will launched new tablet because their new and current tablet has no appeal in the market due to old hardware and functionality, i hope that they will lauched new tablet soon because for me only Sony can give justice to luxury product

• 2012-02-12 17:13
  • 3JKQ

Do we expect new Sony Tablet during Mobile World Congress on Feb 27 - Mar 1 in Barcelona, Spain? Sony is late introducing its first Tablet and they should launch a new Table (a quad-core) during the forthcoming MWC to really compete with Apple and Samsung.

• 2012-02-11 11:59
  • SY0n

> In reply to jm @ 2012-02-07 20:51 from 3JKQ - click to readYes according to the specs, it is scratch-resistant but most, if not all, reviews mentioned that the glass has easily got fine scratches. If ever I'm gonna buy Sony Table S,I'll make sure to put a screen protector like what I did to my iPad regardless that iPad's screen is really scratch-resistant.

• 2012-02-11 11:59
  • SY0n

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-02-08 18:31 from mqq6 - click to readhow do you know it uses gorilla glass?

• 2012-02-11 09:07
  • 3JKQ

> In reply to jm @ 2012-02-07 20:51 from 3JKQ - click to readIt's got Gorilla glass.

• 2012-02-08 18:31
  • mqq6

> In reply to sthardpro @ 2012-02-06 11:55 from nJc% - click to readno you can check the specs, tablet s has scratch resistant display but it doesnt state if it is gorilla or dragon tail

• 2012-02-07 20:51
  • 3JKQ

Hi Guys, below is a portion of Sony Tablet S review (ibnlive.in.com). As mentioned below, is it true that the SD card slot is not an expansion slot? Please read below: (I would appreciate your comments).

"On the left side of the device are a 3.5mm headphone jack and a fragile pull-out flap that hides a micro USB port and an SD card slot. Let me tell you that this is, technically, not an expansion slot that you might have expected. The slot is there to store and view data on the card and exchange media between the card and the tablet, but cannot be used to install and run apps"

• 2012-02-07 11:37
  • SY0n

Hi, what about screen protection ? corning gorilla scratch resistant???? no protection for sony tablet???

• 2012-02-06 11:55
  • nJc%

> In reply to Bingz @ 2012-02-01 19:40 from NwR1 - click to readno it doesnt have. But there are plenty of apps in android market that you can download to play all types of videos

• 2012-02-05 19:06
  • 3JKQ

> In reply to jm @ 2012-02-01 13:02 from 3JKQ - click to readWhy 32G? Because you can never have enough.

• 2012-02-03 05:37
  • Mc8K

Those who have this tablet, does it support divx/xdiv?

• 2012-02-01 19:40
  • NwR1

> In reply to Eli @ 2012-01-25 10:19 from ssEV - click to readyeah 16GB is enough and you can always expand the memory because there is a full sd card slot.

• 2012-02-01 13:02
  • 3JKQ

this is the best tablet on android world. If you will use this tablet it seems like youre not using an android OS because of Sony;'s Unique and attractive interface.

• 2012-02-01 12:54
  • 3JKQ

> In reply to ashikl209 @ 2012-01-31 11:20 from t@5g - click to readAre you kidding? Even netbooks have forgotten about cd drives... Besides, what would you need a 700mb disc when you can use 1,2,4,8,16 or 32gb pendrives?

• 2012-01-31 22:40
  • LFvH

dis model having CD drive ??????????????PLZ HELP ME

• 2012-01-31 11:20
  • t@5g

I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 due to the nice size but this has attracted me more now. Thank you Sony for adding a card slot and micro usb. I don't know what Samsung is thinking with those ipad wannabe 30 pin ports. Ipad 2 is still on the shortlist, but this will be perfect while I wait for the Windows 8 tablets - I think those are really gonna blow the tablet game wide open. Right now apple still owns the tablet market, and I dont see android tablets catching them.

• 2012-01-27 19:33
  • 0wqU

Why does one need 32GB rather than 16GB, of storage?
I want to buy the Sony for browsing, using a few apps (mainly stock markets) and backup of pictures taken while traveling?
Do I really need 32GB or can I live with 16GB and external devices?
thanks

• 2012-01-25 10:19
  • ssEV

I bought this tablet 3 days ago.. and I am enjoying it really. The resolution is so vivid and crisp. Very User friendly UI especially if you had an android experience before.You will have a nice feel when holding it even though its a bit bulky on one side but it compensates in terms of comfortability.With a Dual core processor, browsing, playing and working on it is such a fluid. The only thing that disappoints me is that.. The front facing Camera is so so bad.I couldn't even see my face while taking picture or doing video calls because it is so dim. It is just like a silhouette. Hope Sony will deal this one on their next update because it is a total waste. By the way, Having A memory Card reader is another plus factor. All in all, For a reasonable price.. Having a Sony Tablet S is such a privileged.

• 2012-01-23 03:01
  • Trjb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-12 11:43 from piy7 - click to readi got my Sony tablet s GPS to work... Google maps will show the wrong location but Google earth locates me very accurately. Also, the GPS only works outside

• 2012-01-18 20:44
  • q8x}
Total of 174 user reviews and opinions for Sony Tablet S.