Sony Tablet S 3G - user opinions and reviews

Sony

6.4
6.4
6.5

> In reply to sam @ 2012-08-07 07:06 from u1J9 - click to readDownload mx player app from the play store. With this app you can play any format.

• 2012-08-08 16:45
  • 2@g9

can you guy guide me how to play avi video file on sony tablet S..... bcoz the only vedio file that i can play is MP4....:(

• 2012-08-07 07:06
  • u1J9

does this tablet have phone calls capabilities,back-camera

• 2012-07-31 15:51
  • f0EV

> In reply to nez @ 2012-07-29 08:27 from utAY - click to readHi nez, I own the sony tablet s, without 3G, but same display. It reacts wonderfully to the touch but believe me you cannot use any stylus on it, despite sony offering one at the sony store. The opinions there say everything. I recommend you the galaxy note 10.1 for your work. I hope I could help you.

• 2012-07-30 13:34
  • LxKj

I'm wondering whether this tablet works with stylus , like for using sketchbook pro?! :/ wat say peopLE?

• 2012-07-29 08:27
  • utAY

i send one msg frm my sony tab but its always shows sending failed ,1 more question how 2 connect a internet via simcard
hey guys plz do d needful as soon as possible

• 2012-07-27 02:06
  • s8ym

how can i connect d internet via simcard plz help me guys

• 2012-07-27 02:01
  • s8ym

May I pls know what store in the Philippines I can find sony tablet s? I find the reviews very good, I think i will like it..kindly help where to look for it..thanks!

• 2012-07-23 15:35
  • wYIu

> In reply to andi @ 2012-07-21 09:43 from SY0n - click to readYes, I have tried. Sending and receiving SMS is not at all an issue. It works fine.

• 2012-07-21 20:59
  • 2@X9

> In reply to raj @ 2012-07-20 08:59 from P$tx - click to readThanks for sharing us your experience using the 3G model. BTW, have you tried sending/receiving SMS?

• 2012-07-21 09:43
  • SY0n

I have been using Sony Tablet S 3G for nearly two months. Based on my experience using it, I put my feedback as below:

What is good:
=============
1. Good touch and screen resolution.
2. Five MP primary camera (Samsung/ many others don't have 5mp).
3. Universal Remote Control (no other tab has it).
4. Play Station Support (Specific to Sony, however, this feature is not available in India as of now, may be in future it will be made available).
5. DLNA support.
6. External SD Card support - 32gb tested - I have read on some forum that it can even work even with SDXC card of 64gb or 128gb).
7. External hard disk support though 'mini usb OTG host adapter' cable (with limitations - only those hard disk which have external power supply; should play flash drive of lower capacity, say 64 gb or 128 gb - I have tested my 8gb pen drive to work smoothly).
8. 3G that connects quickly and automatically when wifi is unavailable.
9. Good battery life (5-6 hrs of extensive use and 8-9 hrs of intermittent use).
10. Doesn't heat up even after long hrs of usage.

What is not good:
=================
1. No voice calling (or video calling using cellular network).
2. No Haptic Feedback on touch screen (little vibration when you touch the screen which makes feel good experience).
3. No HDMI port (but it has DLNA support which can compensate for HDMI).
4. Costly accessories (but you can get good quality accessories of third party manufacturers, Capdase, etc., at ebay or other e-shops.
5. Weaker wifi signals (but I have not experienced non-connectivity issues).
6. When you connect Tablet with your laptop, you will see only the internal memory and not the SD Card. That means, whatever you need to copy from you laptop, you will first need to copy on the internal memory. You can then transfer the files from the internal memory to the SD Card using an app called 'File Transfer'. You cannot copy anything directly on the SD Card the way we do in case of smart phones. This is a bug/ deficiency which I have also confirmed with Sony Customer Care.
7. When you insert the SD Card in its slot, the card becomes write protected (I am experiencing this after ICS update - do not know the behaviour before the update). Means, you cannot delete files from the SD Card. You also cannot create a default download directory on the SD Card for Browser. However, sony's inbuilt app 'File Transfer' has the ability to delete files from SD Card.
8. Only one colour option, i.e. Black. White colour option should also have been there. The tab would have been even more beautiful in white colour mixed with other supplementary colours.

Overall feedback:
=================
Considering the other comparable brands/ options available in the Indian market, I felt the Sony tab S 3g was the best choice. Make your own judgement. You have Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and Microsoft Surface book on card. I do not prefer Ipad because of many connectivity and storage related restrictions.

• 2012-07-20 08:59
  • P$tx

> In reply to andi @ 2012-07-17 08:01 from SY0n - click to readI can send n receive SMS and My Tablet S 3G supports GPRS/EDGE..It cant make calls like Galaxy Tabs though...Its different from the croud and is lightweight in hands..I love it :-)

• 2012-07-18 13:40
  • u7Li

> In reply to chinavista @ 2012-07-17 16:55 from K6VT - click to readMeaning there's a pre-installed app to send text and an app to open received text, plus Contact where you can save all your contacts, is this correct?

• 2012-07-18 12:42
  • SY0n

> In reply to andi @ 2012-07-17 08:01 from SY0n - click to readit can certainly use 2G/3G SIM cards and it can send and receive SMS. but it can not be used to make calls.

• 2012-07-17 16:55
  • K6VT

> In reply to zzz111 @ 2012-07-16 08:40 from nyjN - click to readIs that possible to send/receive SMS for the 3G models? I understand that this 3G model has no GSM support. Please clarify, thanks!

• 2012-07-17 08:01
  • SY0n

I've been using "Sony Tablet S 3G 16GB" for more than four months. I want to say that I have used iPad and many other Android tablets but Sony Tablet S is so far the best tablet. It might look thicker than other tablets in the start, but actually that makes it very comfortable to use. It's very light weight,Screen is bold and brilliant, the battery is very good, the processor is very fast, the camera is good. I got a 16GB high speed SD card which made it even better. All I'm saying it that I'm very happy with my Tablet S.

• 2012-07-16 11:19
  • sZk{

I can send and receive SMSs with my Tablet S 3G. So will they release a fix/update to enable GSM voice in order to make calls. And after a new update of Skype there are issues with Video calls.

• 2012-07-16 08:40
  • nyjN

can i use sim in sony s tablet

• 2012-07-14 08:21
  • JFxp

> In reply to mhonkid @ 2012-07-13 19:32 from pu7S - click to readThere are many, like avg or avast...

• 2012-07-13 22:22
  • 2@Xr
Total of 195 user reviews and opinions for Sony Tablet S 3G.