The ones on pre-sale in the us and Canada don't have 3G capability. Why???
I don't know why the 3G model is not yet available in Saudi Arabia. You can only find the wifi model.
please am interested in buying this device,please can i use data SIM with this device,especially in Nigeria
can u tell me hws the touch n how fast is d tablet when compared to other tablets in market
sam, 14 Aug 2012can you guy guide me how to play avi video file on sony tablet S..... bcoz the only vedio file... moreyou can play other format videos by downloading media players from the android market.
yeahme, 10 Aug 2012does this tablet have phone calls capabilities,back-camerabig no
sam, 08 Aug 2012can you guy guide me how to play avi video file on sony tablet S..... bcoz the only vedio file... moreDownload mx player app from the play store. With this app you can play any format.
can you guy guide me how to play avi video file on sony tablet S..... bcoz the only vedio file that i can play is MP4....:(
nez, 30 Jul 2012I'm wondering whether this tablet works with stylus , like for using sketchbook pro?! :/ wat s... moreHi nez, I own the sony tablet s, without 3G, but same display. It reacts wonderfully to the touch but believe me you cannot use any stylus on it, despite sony offering one at the sony store. The opinions there say everything. I recommend you the galaxy note 10.1 for your work. I hope I could help you.
I'm wondering whether this tablet works with stylus , like for using sketchbook pro?! :/ wat say peopLE?
i send one msg frm my sony tab but its always shows sending failed ,1 more question how 2 connect a internet via simcard
hey guys plz do d needful as soon as possible
May I pls know what store in the Philippines I can find sony tablet s? I find the reviews very good, I think i will like it..kindly help where to look for it..thanks!
andi, 21 Jul 2012Thanks for sharing us your experience using the 3G model. BTW, have you tried sending/receivi... moreYes, I have tried. Sending and receiving SMS is not at all an issue. It works fine.
raj, 21 Jul 2012I have been using Sony Tablet S 3G for nearly two months. Based on my experience using it, I p... moreThanks for sharing us your experience using the 3G model. BTW, have you tried sending/receiving SMS?
I have been using Sony Tablet S 3G for nearly two months. Based on my experience using it, I put my feedback as below:
What is good:
1. Good touch and screen resolution.
2. Five MP primary camera (Samsung/ many others don't have 5mp).
3. Universal Remote Control (no other tab has it).
4. Play Station Support (Specific to Sony, however, this feature is not available in India as of now, may be in future it will be made available).
5. DLNA support.
6. External SD Card support - 32gb tested - I have read on some forum that it can even work even with SDXC card of 64gb or 128gb).
7. External hard disk support though 'mini usb OTG host adapter' cable (with limitations - only those hard disk which have external power supply; should play flash drive of lower capacity, say 64 gb or 128 gb - I have tested my 8gb pen drive to work smoothly).
8. 3G that connects quickly and automatically when wifi is unavailable.
9. Good battery life (5-6 hrs of extensive use and 8-9 hrs of intermittent use).
10. Doesn't heat up even after long hrs of usage.
What is not good:
1. No voice calling (or video calling using cellular network).
2. No Haptic Feedback on touch screen (little vibration when you touch the screen which makes feel good experience).
3. No HDMI port (but it has DLNA support which can compensate for HDMI).
4. Costly accessories (but you can get good quality accessories of third party manufacturers, Capdase, etc., at ebay or other e-shops.
5. Weaker wifi signals (but I have not experienced non-connectivity issues).
6. When you connect Tablet with your laptop, you will see only the internal memory and not the SD Card. That means, whatever you need to copy from you laptop, you will first need to copy on the internal memory. You can then transfer the files from the internal memory to the SD Card using an app called 'File Transfer'. You cannot copy anything directly on the SD Card the way we do in case of smart phones. This is a bug/ deficiency which I have also confirmed with Sony Customer Care.
7. When you insert the SD Card in its slot, the card becomes write protected (I am experiencing this after ICS update - do not know the behaviour before the update). Means, you cannot delete files from the SD Card. You also cannot create a default download directory on the SD Card for Browser. However, sony's inbuilt app 'File Transfer' has the ability to delete files from SD Card.
8. Only one colour option, i.e. Black. White colour option should also have been there. The tab would have been even more beautiful in white colour mixed with other supplementary colours.
Considering the other comparable brands/ options available in the Indian market, I felt the Sony tab S 3g was the best choice. Make your own judgement. You have Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and Microsoft Surface book on card. I do not prefer Ipad because of many connectivity and storage related restrictions.
andi, 18 Jul 2012Is that possible to send/receive SMS for the 3G models? I understand that this 3G model has no... moreI can send n receive SMS and My Tablet S 3G supports GPRS/EDGE..It cant make calls like Galaxy Tabs though...Its different from the croud and is lightweight in hands..I love it :-)
chinavista, 18 Jul 2012it can certainly use 2G/3G SIM cards and it can send and receive SMS. but it can not be used t... moreMeaning there's a pre-installed app to send text and an app to open received text, plus Contact where you can save all your contacts, is this correct?