Sony Xperia acro S - user opinions and reviews

7.3

Very slow

• 2015-01-17 23:58
  • tufY

> In reply to steve @ 2014-12-30 18:08 from 47Ig - click to readMy mistake, first paragraph of my post should read:

"Well, one of the the only weak points I've found with this phone was the RAM. This has 1 GB of RAM (686 MB accessible for applications) and was the flagship phone from Sony in 2012, now the flagship has 3 GB of RAM. This phone should have had 1.5 GB of RAM or more, but no cell phones did that I know of in 2012."

I had just woke up and gave the wrong specifications on a site listing relatively every specification you could ask for. Everything else in my reply is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

• 2014-12-31 01:07
  • 47Ig

> In reply to joe @ 2014-12-30 09:20 from LbHf - click to readWell, one of the the only weak points I've found with this phone was the RAM. This has 512 MB and was the flagship phone from Sony in 2012, now the flagship has 3 GB of RAM. This phone should have had 1 GB or RAM, but no phones did that I know of in 2012.

To compensate for the lack of RAM (you can't upgrade it), there's a few things you can do:

1. Fully power it down every seven days or less to wipe the cache.

2. Delete or disable any apps you don't need. This phone arrives to the consumer with quite a few apps you'll probably never use. In its factory configuration (before you even download your first app) after being on for three days straight, it'll be consuming 75%-80% of the ram causing lag on movement and studders on video.

3. Make sure you don't have two programs that do the same function. Two of the most common complaints about this phone is "It just shut off on me" and that's from being out of RAM and crashing. The other is "After a couple days of use the keyboard lags" and that one is because of the limited RAM and factory settings. Meaning, this phone has its own factory texting features and because its an Android phone (and they're attached to Google) so it has "WhatsApp" which updates into "Hangouts". If you don't use that program then delete "Hangouts" and disable "WhatsApp" (you can't delete it). Then you should never have keyboard lag.

I've had my Acro S for two years now and its never shut off on me and after removing the programs I've mentioned it can run for weeks at a time and I've never encountered keyboard lag since.

• 2014-12-30 18:08
  • 47Ig

Buying this phone was a big mistake, the only thing that's good in it is the camera to be honest.. The phone is so slow and battery drains fast although I don't download games and I only download the necessary apps but it's still slow it kinda changed my whole opinion of Sony :(

• 2014-12-30 09:20
  • LbHf

I have issus with the battary status it shows 1% always even. While charge for long time but the battary last for long plzz help

• 2014-12-05 18:41

• 2014-12-05 14:44

• 2014-12-05 14:26
  • dMB9

The biggest mistake of my life was this phone...used sony twice..never again...except fr camera evrythn suks

• 2014-11-30 23:45
  • nxih

It is Much Much More than A GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTT Device i work for Telecommunication Company a and i use the cevice every minute except the Battery due to My Daily Extensive usage It is Hard Work and Wonderful Processor i will get new one from that model in January

• 2014-11-17 18:37
  • Nqjr

Big pice of shit, very slow, battery endurance is very low, on games or internet only one and half hour, only music can play long time, and speaker is not good if i talk o someone with maximum loud i can not norrmaly hear what people from other side saids and all phone is slow like a snail, offcourse the first mont run normaly except battery and now i will change that junk to other product

• 2014-10-31 08:11
  • nTWJ

how to reset our mobile phone when the phone cannot on.

• 2014-10-27 00:10
  • TSPx

Its Bn longer than a year to have acro s
To B honest d phone isn't that impressive at all!

***D best feature is d camera, d qualiT of d photos r awesome, unfortunely d focusing pricess sometimes takes ages, therefore while filming blur parts r so possible.

- due to very little RAM, only 600 something, d phone gets too slow, eespecially when ur online. Furthermore d battery gets hot. D problem runs after using instagram for instance.

- Another problem is that there is no way to get a backup!!!eachtime i wanted to do so, it was said there was apassword set somewhere so NO backup happens!!!

Hope sony does improve and solve these issues as soon as possible because customers can B d best way to advertise for the company.

• 2014-10-26 20:28
  • L6{x

> In reply to Hussein @ 2014-08-01 21:13 from ftVg - click to readMy acro also has the same probs and many more....acro is not a good fone fr many app users...delete all ur apps except the most important ones. Dont keep more thn 6 to 8 apps.
hope this helps

• 2014-10-26 20:21
  • nxih

> In reply to Highway Kinng @ 2014-09-08 22:54 from CDEQ - click to readDear kinng,
Acro s is a device with various complaints and the above mentioned problems are common to all acro s.
My acro turned out to be the worst phone I ever used. In case of hanging delete most apps on your phone and make sure lot of ram left to run ur fone

• 2014-10-26 20:19
  • nxih

hi. i have xperia acro s for 1 year almost and i love my phone a lot.. very cool phone. i used to bring it to the bathroom ..hahaha

• 2014-10-22 04:29
  • t7Xh

> In reply to Trickty boy @ 2014-09-12 16:49 from IWUH - click to readi think so, i got slow after updation

• 2014-10-15 23:44
  • HxeT

I have a problem with the Device Memory. It's always 'storage space is running out' :( I don't know how to solve this. Can someone help me? Sorry for bad english.

• 2014-10-11 11:15
  • PxVj

> In reply to Highway Kinng @ 2014-09-08 22:54 from CDEQ - click to readyou are right, I have the same problem like you

• 2014-10-03 18:17
  • uC3a

Hello,

Did anyone using Encrypted Corporate email with Acro S mobile, because I am unable to find the option to encrypt my phone. please help me in it. Emails are more important to me..

Thanks in advance

• 2014-09-23 19:57
  • b%L6

Can i put an internet sim to my sony xperia acro s pls replay thank you

• 2014-09-23 12:55
  • awp8
Total of 2955 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia acro S.