SonyIsGarbage, 16 Dec 2015Hands down THE worst handset I have ever used, and I have used a LOT of different handsets ove... moreI love the way people judging a brand from its outdated 2012 entry level phone.
Hands down THE worst handset I have ever used, and I have used a LOT of different handsets over the year.
I got the Xperia E as a birthday gift, on the basis that Sony must stand for quality. Nope.
#1) The phone came with so much bloatware, it made my head spin looking at it. Lots of space hungry apps like Deezer and a whole load of others I had never heard of, even less likely to use.
Tried uninstalling them to create data space, but wait, I cannot uninstall any of them. None of them are vital systems for the handsets operation, probably locked on there because these companies paid Sony to do so.
You cannot save apps to external memory either. So, they advertise the handset having X amount of internal storage, but it is nowhere near that amount due to the bloatware.
2) The Wifi is terrible too. Both the up and downstreams are constantly fluctuating even if right next to the router. Constant wifi dropout. Never happens with any other wifi devices in the home.
3) The handset lags and locks up constantly and the touchscreen is HYPER sensitive. Typing a text message is an absolute nightmare. The input is shocking at times, as you find yourself having to wait for the keyboard to catch up with you before you continue to type. Other times, you can tap the letter A so quickly and gently and it will type aaaaaa.
4) When the phone rings in your pocket, just gripping the sides and sliding it out of your pocket can make the handset cancel the call and automate a text message saying you're busy. So, you don't even get to answer it.
5) The reception no matter what sim card you use, is apalling.
6) The picture quality from the built in camera is absolutely horrendous. Pictures have either an unnatural red or blue hue that no amount of settings can eliminate. Pictures are incredibly blurry and awful looking. Not even fit for a scrapbook, let alone anything important.
All in all, a cheap piece of crap which is only good for use as a paperweight, and even for that purpose, its useless.
My advice: Steer clear of Sony phones. They are cheap and completely useless. You'll be better off buying a £10 brick from tesco. It'll get the job done better than a Sony product ever will.
it was good for about a year but storage is terrible. to many app crashes when storage is low. system crashes after the storage is used up camera is terrible and cannot connect to WIFI correctly
Anonymous, 24 Apr 2015sony experia e is such a total waste of time that i will never ever buy sony again!!!
bough... moreYup... just elaborating...
Sony has replaced phones!... so to date I have FIVE phones...
AND THEY ARE ALL SIMPLY JUST USELESS...
If you want a mobile phone research and if you still buy Sony!!?
well rather donate your money to charity...
hp7gryffin, 03 May 2015this phone literally sucks.... it's slow,it overheats, awful camera quality, bad visual in sun... moretotally agree...
if you want a phone, stay away from sony!!...
they are seriously, expensively useless!!!
TheDudeFlows, 27 Oct 2015We are using this phone for business but its crap. Its slow, hangs, stutters, making pictures ... moreVery slow phone... worst I have ever had... I'm not satisfied with it at all... it takes ages to open a program on it...
We are using this phone for business but its crap. Its slow, hangs, stutters, making pictures with this phone is asking for a blurry mess. It cant do more than 1 thing @ a time. Its a cheap phone for people that will only use it for calling. and even that the phone can't handle. I have a Z2 for my personal use. I am using sony phones for about 15 years now. But this is really a crappy phone.
I have this phone... i uninstalled internal apps by root.permission.... Root your mobile phone and uninstall that apps...
Can anyone tell me why there is not a option to uninstall the internal applications.
I have been using this phone for 1 year and 8 months.It's a good phone. There should have been a option of uninstalling internal apps,so that we could have uninstalled the apps which we don't want.
SONY please make E Ultra version.!!! Cheap big screen phablet that people love nowdays. If it cheap then we can say goodbye to Asus Zenfone or Lenovo's Ideaphone series.
Hope if we all raised ideas as petition to sony.
Qualcomm Snapdragon S1? 512 MB of RAM? 1500 mAh? Avoid it like the plague. (P.S. It's 1500 mAh, not 1530).
Having used SONY products, it really seems that this seemed to be an afterthought... :(
Camera not even better, Battery backup very bad, No access to save the apps internally or externally, No options to shift apps on memory card, Hangs a lot,....... Think before you purchase it.
Sony Xperia E is a good smartphone better then galaxy.
long life battery.
but sometimes it's trouble....
I suggest not to buy Xperia e.... it hangs too much.... I cannot even receive my phone calls... worst phone ever....