Sony Xperia go - user opinions and reviews

Sony

6.8
6.7
6.6

Bought this phone 1 year ago then I installed custom Android 4.4.3 KitKat ROM because the original ROM sucks. The performance are bad and it can't play high-end games. Had to overclocked it to reduce lag. Now the screen is broken after it fell to the ground. Some area of the screen doesn't work. I'm getting a new phone and I'm not going to buy any phone from Sony. Don't buy this phone. There are more better phones out there and it's cheaper like the Motorola Moto G.

• 2014-07-20 19:11
  • ib4s

Jelly bean on Xperia is not too bad but I heard kitkat is better, how do I upgrade to kitkat?

• 2014-07-18 07:24
  • fj15

i have this, very bad screen and tuch

• 2014-07-17 08:34
  • rKM}

bad screen and battery life.,all of its specs are bad.,

• 2014-07-16 09:35
  • kx{u

I hate this phone. I've never had problems with other phones in the past, but this one is a disaster. I got it about 1.5yrs ago, and it's already been in for repairs twice, had the motherboard replaced, had issues with the speakers (callers couldn't hear me) and I couldn't upload the new software.... it had to go to the service centre even for that. It worked ok for about a week after I got it back, and although it "works" it takes me up to a minute to make a call (if it does it at all, i often have to try a few times before it will make the call), and it often gets stuck when i'm trying to answer a call, and the ringtone keeps going even after i've answered it. I can't wait to get rid of it.

• 2014-07-16 07:47
  • xB$m

> In reply to jabbooneros @ 2014-07-04 01:44 from sRjx - click to readI bought the phone with lousy touchscreen from Sony CENTRE (AUTHORISED) !

Are you PR personnel from Sony????

• 2014-07-15 13:51
  • wHSx

bad touch screen
will not buy from sony mobile anymore!

• 2014-07-15 11:55
  • wHSx

Don't buy this phone.touch pad problem is always in this phone

• 2014-07-14 04:34
  • fCx$

Does the xperia go have a removable or non-renewable battery.And the e1 way better than this because it has a 4" screen,512 mb

• 2014-07-13 07:45
  • XNpC

Does the xperia go have a removable or non-renewable battery. And the e1 way better than thid because it has a 4" screen,512 mb

• 2014-07-13 07:43
  • XNpC

> In reply to Pluto :) @ 2014-07-04 16:26 from 3sEj - click to readfor your kind information it is not a waterproof phone it is only water resistance

• 2014-07-10 19:06
  • P$5D

> In reply to ADy @ 2012-05-30 12:22 from Laxx - click to readIt has 165 ppi, not 400

• 2014-07-08 14:38
  • uw3I

I wanted to buy this phone but now the comments has discouraged me, I will rather try samsung S4.

• 2014-07-08 00:32
  • 3sEj

touch pad is always the problem of this phone..DON'T BUY this Phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2014-07-07 12:31
  • v0qx

the touch pad is quite sucks..don't buy this phone..

• 2014-07-07 12:24
  • v0qx

This phone is worst.Every time its touch having complaints.I changed once it is in warranty.Now also facing touch problem

• 2014-07-04 16:45
  • uump

My friend has this phone and she's scared to try the waterproof thing. The phone is waterproof but up to only 1 meter deep in water. So u can swim with it but if it goes deeper than 1 meter your phone is gone.

• 2014-07-04 16:26
  • 3sEj

> In reply to SomeGuy @ 2014-06-28 22:46 from MIh{ - click to readi absoluted 100% agree. sony updates suck. but they're not alone, samsung and most other brands have the same service suck.

its up to us to change the software on our phones to make it better. learn here: http://forum.xda-developers.co...-development

• 2014-07-04 02:01
  • sRjx

> In reply to kokos @ 2014-06-17 11:59 from St{c - click to readit tells certainly about YOUR battery, but not MINE, and most of XGO owners, I'm sure. have it checked. Mine, with viber, skype calls last 15 hours between charging on average, and my xgo is 2 years old.

• 2014-07-04 01:59
  • sRjx

i used to be less than 100% with this phone in latest jelly bean sony update. Then i tried unlocking the bootloader, then i rooted, then i flashed a custom KITKAT ROM!
wow! all apps loaded perfectly - whatsapp, viber, bbm running at the same time, with swiftkey as well. - couldn't do that with jelly bean. AND no Sony marketing hype bloatware, memory improved, battery 15 hours between charging. all thumbs up.
hardware specs is really only half the story. the software also makes for a better performing phone.

• 2014-07-04 01:57
  • sRjx
Total of 3040 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia go.