Sony Xperia M - user opinions and reviews

23%

8.1
8.0
8.0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-02 13:45 from rK30 - click to readCamera apps "HD Camera Ultra" ,Use this apps and improve your camera.It is free apps.

• 2014-11-22 21:28
  • KAej

i have a sony xperia m.when i buy this was very good but after some time like 6 months it was going to battery down so i dont like it.

• 2014-11-22 19:17
  • uuay

sony xperia support 3G net work

• 2014-11-22 15:08
  • t}fs

> In reply to Rontz @ 2014-11-21 08:45 from XuTY - click to readI have a sony xperia m and at first it was perfect then things started going downhill within 6 months i was ready to buy another phone because the sony kept acting up, it wont let me answer calls, ring any of the basics im hoping to get the samsung galaxy s5 mini soon

• 2014-11-22 12:55
  • 0Ff1

> In reply to Das @ 2014-11-19 20:08 from 7j{9 - click to readall games or some particular game?

Check gaming reviews on XM on youtube if u want to make sure what this phone is really capable in terms of gaming.

Suggest that u follow my advice in below post to free up some RAM and space.

• 2014-11-21 10:06
  • KxFj

> In reply to Rontz @ 2014-11-21 08:45 from XuTY - click to read1. Last version officially given was 4.3. There is no further updates coming from Sony beyond this version. This phone started out on 4.1.2. Sony provided updates only for 1 year and they recently announced that 4.3 will the final version, so no KK coming. But I am happy with 4.3 as most apps are switching to material design. So I am really not missing out on L.

2, Screen clarity is equally good on M. Just that M has onscreen buttons for home, back, recent app. I personally liked the M though as M was better to hold due to square edges(where u hold the phone) rather than curved ones. Curved edges feel slippery to me.

3. There is no metal lining or rims like samsung which chips off(I have had samsung s plus and galaxy ace, before, so i understand your concern), so no issues with that. Just put a good hard backcover so that the phone back panel will always look like new and a good scratchguard on display. This is more than enuff.

4. For medium usage this is excellent if u r using 2G fr data.

Read my opinion below for more experience on this phone.

This is my 1st Sony phone after being Samsung and Nokia user all these years.

• 2014-11-21 09:53
  • KxFj

I am planning to buy this phone in this December, 14.. Should I buy this phone? I am having some querries. They are..
1) What is the last android ver. update samsung officially gave?
2) Is the screen clarity really bad if compared to s duos 2 ?
3) I am samsung user, i luv them, but that false metal belt that chips off and makes the phone look like age olds. Is it the case for sony?
4) Is it worth buying for medium usage of fb whtsapp and all?

hope therez some1 who would reply

• 2014-11-21 08:45
  • XuTY

> In reply to yce @ 2014-11-18 17:07 from 3cqW - click to readtrue, none of the "lower" mid-rangers have krait cpu. No wonder performance was good on this phne and was selling like hot cakes when it launched. Has to wait for 2 weeks before it was in stock at my usual retailer.

• 2014-11-20 12:41
  • KxFp
  • msspillai@gmail.com
  • Rating0

can we findout present woking area,by using IMEI number of my lost sony phone in Indid. If it is possible, how to do.

• 2014-11-20 07:22
  • sSMN

Can't access play store. I keep receiving an error notification, "cannot establish a reliable connection to the server ". Any solution to this? Please help.

• 2014-11-20 04:05
  • NuPF

> In reply to xmuser @ 2014-11-18 06:51 from KxFN - click to readGaming hanging this phone

• 2014-11-19 20:08
  • 7j{9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-19 03:42 from U@uY - click to readNo drawback at all...small internal memory it's nasty for only those cracked-noob-gamers...and camera have been upgraded by latest updates so its clarity now it's great (I have a great collection of pictures of it but the admins have been deleted the past comments with them so...but anyway its camera is awesome!).

Sadly, because of hundreds of trollers being born every minute a day over the W.W.W. and not only, Sony caught a bad reputation and mid range phones may be over...
I still hope it's not here the case and Sony will survive, comparing to others...

Xperia M will remain best\sexiest mid-ranger of all times!

Take care!

• 2014-11-19 16:12
  • 3cqW

Hello frds I m using on this my phone Sony Xperia m dual c 2004 from Dec 2013 this is best phone in this price range camera quality is also too good never hang videos n pics quality is nice only one disspoint in this phone u can not store more app in Xperia m dual bt this is best phone in mid range u can purchase to this phone...

• 2014-11-19 15:16
  • rKTc

fine and smart phone.....best in this price..

• 2014-11-19 13:00
  • sSxr

> In reply to xmuser @ 2014-11-18 06:51 from KxFN - click to readI want 3g Calling.. With this phone .. Plz tell me how is it possible

• 2014-11-19 09:14
  • rARZ

> In reply to yce @ 2014-11-18 17:07 from 3cqW - click to readdefinitely a good phone.. been using it for over a year now.. the drawbacks however are it's low internal space and a bad camera. Its difficult to find a good small screen phone nowadays. it's user-friendly and elegant!

• 2014-11-19 03:42
  • U@uY

> In reply to xmuser @ 2014-11-18 06:51 from KxFN - click to readSame here!
Over a year and its flawless!
Sony should keep making mid-rangers!

Have fun!

• 2014-11-18 17:07
  • 3cqW

Asalamo alikum..... I am using this phone from last year and this is best phone I have seen I all features

• 2014-11-18 16:52
  • U{dP

HI
I am using sony xperia m dual from last 1 year n 2 months. I found this phone awesome.It is very light weighted. It supports 3g connection. The only drawback is the battery back up and camera clearity. The battery backis only for 8 -9 hours. Other specifications are good and infact better than samsung . It never hang up. In short I love my phone.

• 2014-11-18 07:39
  • 7w5n

After 1 yr 2 months of use of this mobile, here is my opinion for all those who are shortlisting this phone as one of the probable buys:

1. This phone is excellent if you use 2G. I am using 2G for Whats app and Gmail/Yahoo/Outlook apps with auto sync ON and i easily get 2 days of battery without charging. I use Wifi occasionally only for App updates. Wifi uses more battery just like any other phone. I did receive promotional 3G data for 3 months with dis phone when i bought it but seeing the battery drain very fast with 3G, i called service provider and asked them to revert to my usual 2G data. The 1700mAh battery capacity is not good enuff for 3G.

2. You get only 2GB of internal memory for your user data and apps. For all those people who complain about shortage of internal memory, I have the following advice/suggestion.

A. The app using the most space on your internal memory is Chrome browser(300MB after installing updates). So uninstall the updates for Chrome and don't use Chrome at all. Download an alternative browser like Firefox which I am using and it uses just 35MB on ur internal memory).

B. Use a memory card for everything else like photos and video. Configure the camera to auto save in external card directly. There's no app2sd support unless you want to root and void your warranty.

C. If you are in India like me, u get a lot of apps as bloatware which you will not use at all, you will be able to uninstall them from the app manager without any root required. You will be left with plenty of storage space after this.

3. If you use too many apps, then this phone is not for you. If u just want to use a phone for calling, whatsapp, emails(gmail, yahoo, outlook), and a few other apps then you would be fine with this phone.

4. From battery perspective, my experience is that the most battery hogging apps were facebook and bbm, even on 2G data. Hence I have disabled/uninstalled them, hence getting 2 days of battery after that.

5. Camera on this phone is okay unless you want Z3 or iphone kinda pics. pics are good enuff for sharing on whatsapp/instagram, etc.

6. If you don't want to use a few Gapps like G+, News and Weather, etc, just disable them in app manager. That would save a lot of battery. I personally have disbaled them on my phone.

7. U will not find a better phone with a Krait processor in this price. All other phones at this price use Cortex cpu. Krait>Cortex.

I am sure other long term Xperia M users would vouch for the above points.

In summary, if you plan to use 2G data and not too many apps, then this phone is very best choice for its price.

Any other queries(except for rooting and like stuff, which i really dont know about), let me know.

• 2014-11-18 06:51
  • KxFN
Total of 8798 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia M.