Sony Xperia M - user opinions and reviews

19517261

8.2
8.0
8.0

I am using this phone since 2 years. not any problem.I also played games like virtual tennis which takes 300mb of internal memory. it runs smoothly. so this is the best device.It never hanged

• 2015-06-28 17:24
  • XuTd

Useless phn after 2 yr
heating prblm on browsing net

• 2015-06-28 15:31
  • Hkqn

I do install app(link2sd) for move apps to sd card. But don't move,phone is hanging... Plz help me, how to transfer apps to sd card.

• 2015-06-28 11:32
  • t1$C

> In reply to Moro @ 2015-06-25 05:53 from Ntwk - click to readso very true!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2015-06-27 20:53
  • 3cqW

after 1.5 years of purchase... it became useless........no resale value too..........shameful to sony.......

• 2015-06-27 07:34
  • 9yPA

mine is more of a question . how do I view movies on my phone with the movies app on the phone with out moving the movies to my phone. thanks

• 2015-06-26 00:26
  • rjIf

I will be reverting my xperia m to factory version(4.1). i will back up all my app data on sd card and will obviously restore them. will all my subway surfers data be restored(coins,power ups,keys etc) ? and will unlocking my bootloader automatically revert my phone to it's factory build?

• 2015-06-25 21:51
  • BEcB

after one year of using this phone i could say its awesome phone in that range
the loudest speaker from Sony the best britness screen in sun light
great krait processor makes phone never hang
very fast internet wifi or 3g
nice design
the camera after 4.3 update is great
the internal memory get full after long time just install avg cleaner only and will free match space
the only problem is cant move apps to sd card its ok for me and some people you can solve it by root or new frameware from xda developers

• 2015-06-25 05:53
  • Ntwk

hello guys please help.Please tell me how to transfer apps to sd card. if root is need then what changes will happen and please tell me the demerits.

• 2015-06-25 03:53
  • YQ}i

> In reply to abhay @ 2015-06-21 16:22 from 7tKZ - click to readWe had a similar fault on our Nexus 7 tablet, and it seemed to be because the flash memory physically wore out, so a board change would be the only solution. We tried to reflash, but errors all the way. Eventually hard bricked, and obviously just out of warranty.

• 2015-06-23 15:18
  • AJux

> In reply to darwin @ 2015-04-24 11:08 from Hkt} - click to readdownload Flashtool and flash the 4.2.2 firmware on your phone. No root required. Cheers!

• 2015-06-22 22:11
  • Mf5A

This Unit once it will sunk to the Water. it could be repair anymore?

• 2015-06-22 20:29
  • 8jpX

> In reply to Rahul @ 2015-06-19 11:37 from v{@E - click to readmy xperia m c1904 phone after 13 months started going to safe mode everytime it rebooted no matter what u did. So no warranty. :( Sony centre said that some internal issue and had to replace motherboard, which was freakingly expensive. Dumped it and went for Samsung Note 3 neo in Nov which is superb phone. Wud suggest oneplus one as it got cheaper. Had 1+1 had got cheaper n avaiabale in open sale, i wud have got it.

• 2015-06-22 19:20
  • KxF3

cons-
battery is not 1750 its 1700 mAh
memory usable is only 2 gb
apps can't be moved to sd card
poor in low light-camera.

pros-
great built quality
2 days battery back up -light usage in stamina mode
good viewing angles
excellent Sony apps.. album,Walkman.
decent picture quality in light
survived more than 100 drops not even a stretch with protection guards..
perfect to hold in hand

• 2015-06-22 10:00
  • XuZU
  • F

Xperia M bends really easily. Mine developed a crack of the screens inner surface (the glass and everything on the outside was in a perfect condition, everybody could see, that it was not a damage caused by a drop or something like that) just by carrying it in my pants after 9 months. A friend of mine witnessed when i put it in my pants, walked a few meters, took it out again an ... the display showed weird colors. Sony refuses to repair it, their argument is like "we never repair cracked screens, no matter why it failed, it has to be the users own fault, our products are perfect by design, must be your fault, goodbye". Their service at least in Germany is slow and really unfriendly. It took me 3 months, 20 mails and 3 calls to get an answer from Sony. I have never experienced something like this. Then again im quite happy as the speaker in this Xperia M was rubbish. I bought a LG L9 II instead, which is soooo much better. I will never buy a Sony product again (Had 3 Sony Smartphones in a row).

• 2015-06-22 03:24
  • 32tB

> In reply to ManasiDNair @ 2015-06-20 12:15 from sSNC - click to readYes, application can be moved to sd card if you root your phone and install link2sd..

• 2015-06-21 16:24
  • 7tKZ

> In reply to Rahul @ 2015-06-19 11:37 from v{@E - click to readJust flash the firmware using flashtool. I think your problems will be solved...

• 2015-06-21 16:22
  • 7tKZ

> In reply to panda @ 2015-06-11 13:48 from KAeK - click to readBut applications cannot be moved, can they ?

• 2015-06-20 12:15
  • sSNC

• 2015-06-20 12:15
  • sSNC

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-06-11 07:19 from ijeC - click to readDownload clean master and der u find backup

• 2015-06-20 04:44
  • YTKk
Total of 9276 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia M.