Anonymous, 19 Nov 2014definitely a good phone.. been using it for over a year now.. the drawbacks however are it's l... moreNo drawback at all...small internal memory it's nasty for only those cracked-noob-gamers...and camera have been upgraded by latest updates so its clarity now it's great (I have a great collection of pictures of it but the admins have been deleted the past comments with them so...but anyway its camera is awesome!).
Sadly, because of hundreds of trollers being born every minute a day over the W.W.W. and not only, Sony caught a bad reputation and mid range phones may be over...
I still hope it's not here the case and Sony will survive, comparing to others...
Xperia M will remain best\sexiest mid-ranger of all times!
Hello frds I m using on this my phone Sony Xperia m dual c 2004 from Dec 2013 this is best phone in this price range camera quality is also too good never hang videos n pics quality is nice only one disspoint in this phone u can not store more app in Xperia m dual bt this is best phone in mid range u can purchase to this phone...
yce, 18 Nov 2014Same here! Over a year and its flawless! Sony should keep making mid-rangers! Have fun! definitely a good phone.. been using it for over a year now.. the drawbacks however are it's low internal space and a bad camera. Its difficult to find a good small screen phone nowadays. it's user-friendly and elegant!
xmuser, 18 Nov 2014After 1 yr 2 months of use of this mobile, here is my opinion for all those who are shortlisti... moreSame here!
Over a year and its flawless!
Sony should keep making mid-rangers!
Asalamo alikum..... I am using this phone from last year and this is best phone I have seen I all features
I am using sony xperia m dual from last 1 year n 2 months. I found this phone awesome.It is very light weighted. It supports 3g connection. The only drawback is the battery back up and camera clearity. The battery backis only for 8 -9 hours. Other specifications are good and infact better than samsung . It never hang up. In short I love my phone.
After 1 yr 2 months of use of this mobile, here is my opinion for all those who are shortlisting this phone as one of the probable buys:
1. This phone is excellent if you use 2G. I am using 2G for Whats app and Gmail/Yahoo/Outlook apps with auto sync ON and i easily get 2 days of battery without charging. I use Wifi occasionally only for App updates. Wifi uses more battery just like any other phone. I did receive promotional 3G data for 3 months with dis phone when i bought it but seeing the battery drain very fast with 3G, i called service provider and asked them to revert to my usual 2G data. The 1700mAh battery capacity is not good enuff for 3G.
2. You get only 2GB of internal memory for your user data and apps. For all those people who complain about shortage of internal memory, I have the following advice/suggestion.
A. The app using the most space on your internal memory is Chrome browser(300MB after installing updates). So uninstall the updates for Chrome and don't use Chrome at all. Download an alternative browser like Firefox which I am using and it uses just 35MB on ur internal memory).
B. Use a memory card for everything else like photos and video. Configure the camera to auto save in external card directly. There's no app2sd support unless you want to root and void your warranty.
C. If you are in India like me, u get a lot of apps as bloatware which you will not use at all, you will be able to uninstall them from the app manager without any root required. You will be left with plenty of storage space after this.
3. If you use too many apps, then this phone is not for you. If u just want to use a phone for calling, whatsapp, emails(gmail, yahoo, outlook), and a few other apps then you would be fine with this phone.
4. From battery perspective, my experience is that the most battery hogging apps were facebook and bbm, even on 2G data. Hence I have disabled/uninstalled them, hence getting 2 days of battery after that.
5. Camera on this phone is okay unless you want Z3 or iphone kinda pics. pics are good enuff for sharing on whatsapp/instagram, etc.
6. If you don't want to use a few Gapps like G+, News and Weather, etc, just disable them in app manager. That would save a lot of battery. I personally have disbaled them on my phone.
7. U will not find a better phone with a Krait processor in this price. All other phones at this price use Cortex cpu. Krait>Cortex.
I am sure other long term Xperia M users would vouch for the above points.
In summary, if you plan to use 2G data and not too many apps, then this phone is very best choice for its price.
Any other queries(except for rooting and like stuff, which i really dont know about), let me know.
bad battery life? are you serious? like where/which phone did you come from? the Galaxy Note 3? this phone has great battery life for its price...u have to shizzling me
the phones supports OTG and a coool voice command....but the battery life is very bad and hangs ups too ...
iam using xperia m dual very good phone,sound camera very good disadvantage battery backup very low,phone over heat take the corrections
Lucky, 13 Nov 2014Hey i wanna buy this phone i hve a dbt abt its ram is it 1gb?Hi!!!!! ,
My friend in my experience please nobody try to buy this king of mobile you can choose different mobile Sony Xperia M is......
1 No Battery life
2 No Clear camera
3 No 3G Internet from Sim ( Only WIFI Good)
I am using sony Xperia M working cool but not compare to Samsung mobile (Even low price Samsung mobile better than Sony Mobile.}.. Forget it, I have only one questing to ask that is, mobile could not work Internet 3G support (Sim). Kindly please advice to me........Mail me --