Hmh.. I have this phone for a year now, and its true that it gets a bit hot after 5 mins of games like Unkilled and Modern Combat 5.. But I don't have any problems like need to restart, things stopping to work.. After a year its still waterproof too.. Don't know about you guys, but this phone was worth every penny I gave for it. Plus, there 6.0 update on PTCRB now, so we can expect it in less than 30 days ^^
Poor phone not fit for sale.
Has memory issues out of the box as the operating system/Sony apps take up all the space!
It enjoys restarting for no reason.
Music is poor quality and for no reason glitches.
Would stay well clear of this phone!!
you must buy from a company that u rely on, i bought from official sony center and have no problems
OK the unbelievable happened. An Android 6.0 update has been certified by ptcrb https://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/view_complete_request_guest.cfm?modelid=29921 hoping to see this update soon
phone reviewer, 08 Jul 2016Honestly this is the worst phone that i have ever had. I bought this phone because the company... moreIt's not even 5.0.1, it's only 5.0 and there has been 6.0 promised. I think about loading an aosp
I bought this phone because I was impressed by characteristics on paper and reasonable price. Never again, Sony... Samsung was worth every cent I paid.
t is not a good device at all, it is a fail if you ask me. Why? Here are the problems I hadso far:
- Overheating - even simple browsing on the web rises temperature significantly. If I open several pages, it gets worse, but if I play around, take a fewphotos, if i edit them, and do some other things, it gets really, really annoying.
- Camera - as several users posted here already, camera is super slow, and if this is 13MP, than I was born and raised on Mars. My old Samsung Galaxy S3 makes better photos for sure.
- Auto rotate - I have to restart the phone almost every day, because the screen stops to rotate. It does not help if I switch the function on/off.
- Too sensitive screen - after I end a conversation and put the phone on the desk, if I "look" the screen, or literally ( tested ) blow on it, it starts to call back. I called back many many people. so you have to switch the screen off with a push on the side button ( on/off button ).
- Which leads to next issue. Because you have to switch off the screen every time you stop using the phone ( otherwise the lightest touch does something... ) it often does not switch off the screen, but wants to switch off the phone.
- Often camera function freezes. So you can not exit it, and you have to use the side button again.
- Pre loaded apps are... useless mostly.
- Battery life is not as good as advertised
I could probably find other issues if I thought very hard, but all this thinking is... well, overheating my phone... :)
Jorginio, 08 Jul 2016Nice phone.
Soon marshmallo... more1. If you want it, but bezels are fat
3. Nooooo I have it camera is very bad worse than 2012 phone camera
5. Not that important but yes
6. Doesn't matter. It's performance in antutu is 30'000 so not that good (Galaxy S7 and iPhone 6s have about 130'000)
7. yeah hahaha that was promised. Now Nougat is in beta and still no marshmallow for M4 aqua
8. Battery life is pretty good in my opinion that is the only pro I found for it after more than 1 year of usage :D
So don't look at the specifications that much. Many of them are only for commercial (like octa core but performance of 2012 or 13MP camera but worse than 2012)
panor.86, 08 Jul 2016Hi guys! I have a question, I need chagne my phone soon, and I thinking a bout this M4 Aqua... moreThey both don't have a good value, look at the comment below there are better offers
Sleepingduck, 06 Jul 2016Guys,my friend had an Xperia Z(bought on 2012) and it is still okay now..no lags or issues at ... moreI have it. It's ok but it's not worth 200Â€. Better purchases for that price range are:
iPhone 5s (good update support; used)
HTC One M8
LG G4 (but I heard it has a boot loop problem, if you don't want to risk that, buy an other phone; sometimes there are good offers for it, if not used)
Nexus 5x (very good update support for an android)
Galaxy S5 (used)
LG G Flex 2
Oneplus 2 (not sure about the price in other countries, in Germany it's 400Â€ but it should be 200Â€ I think)
Xiaomi Redmi 3s (newest)
I have a question, I need chagne my phone soon, and I thinking a bout this M4 Aqua, and Samsung J7. Which is the best?
mondo kabando, 05 Jul 2016This phone is great for those who like to take pictures, great quality, best there is. It is a... moreLol no camera of this phone is so bad. I compared it to iPhone 5 and that made better pictures. And it's also soooo slow. It needs 5 seconds to take a picture with Sony camera app, with google camera still 2,5 seconds. So if you really want a phone with a good camera, don't buy that phone.
Honestly this is the worst phone that i have ever had. I bought this phone because the company advertised it like some type of God phone. for example,they stated that it has 2 days of battery and that i can watch my favorite movie 36 times in a row, but i struggled to get through my day barley using the phone. after about 3 months of me owning this phone the microphone on my phone unexpectedly broke down and i had to talk to people on the phone through speaker. i called Sony and they told me to factory reset my phone which was a struggle to save all my stuff to my PC. after i reset my phone, i noticed that the phones microphone still did not work. Sony then told me to sen my phone to the repair store and promised that i will have it back in 2 weeks. this was a struggle because i had to use a flip phone that my service providers gave to me because it was part of the contract. at the time of writing this review, i have yet to get my phone back from Sony. it has been 2 and a half months and whenever i call Sony, they never give me a solid response of to where my phone is and when i am gonna get it back. i decided to buy the samsung galaxy s7 and have been satisfied ever since my buy. the phone is a little bit pricey but i pan on selling my sony xperia m4 aqua when i (or if i ever) get it back. also some other complaints of the phone is the overheating after 5 minutes of use, the extremely slow charge time, the terrible screen, and the tremendously horrible camera. also the phone is still running lollipop 5.01 when android 7 is in beta
worst phone ive had in a very long time, worked great for the first 6 months, never ever put it in water speaker fails and phone started restarting almost about an hour long bluthooth couldent start, flash failed, couldent even check my airtime *100# faild dmci error and the list goes on. my phone is in the vodacom repairs center now.