The M5 is a TERRIBLE phone, please don't bother considering to buy this garbage.
1. It's NOT waterproof. I use it in SHALLOW water for 5 minutes and bubbles started to come in, pretty soon the touchscreen was unresponsive even after I dried it up. Had to replace the whole screen for almost 150 usd.
2. Battery life is very very very terrible. Stamina mode? Don't even bother.
3. Rear camera takes ages to focus on objects less than 10cm away. Even if it does focus, after pressing the camera button it can refocus and outcome is a useless out-of-focus image.
4. Front camera, although 21 MP, has a built-in filter that makes faces look unnaturally glowing in every shot.
5. This phone cannot even record or play Voice Notes in Whatsapp properly. Even after a factory reset.
6. Auto-shutdown issues (seriously this phone has got problems)
7. My front and rear cameras STOPPED working permanently without me even dropping it or anything. It's a software problem which even a factory reset cannot fix.
8. The bluetooth connection is terrible.
9. Sometimes the display hangs and restarting doesn't solve the problem, only after connecting it to a charger will the phone work (EVEN THOUGH THE BATTERY IS ALMOST FULL)
10. DUAL? Yeah right. If I put it two SIMs, both networks will fail to get signals. I HAVE TO REMOVE THE SECOND OR FIRST SIM IN ORDER TO GET A WORKING NETWORK SIGNAL.
I have always been a loyal user of Sony since its Sony Ericsson days, but after using the M5 I have no trust in Sony anymore. Sony is seriously falling behind in the modern phone race. It tries to market itself as the best in phone cameras but seriously speaking, it's all just history now.
Not only the battery which auto shuts down at 3 mos. but also the board. It didnt reached a year and cannot be used anymore.
Auto shutdown is due to faulty battery so replace it with a new one,ive fixed my own by replacing it works for me hope it'll work for you all as well..
Terrible phone. Shuts down randomly and needs to be plugged into charger to restart even though it's almost fully charged already. On 3rd replacement phone in a few months. Poor GPS accuracy. Nice camera.
I owned Xperia m5 dual for over 1 yr.....main problem is battery. Tried so many options. Almost want to sell it.
Finally, I found this....I use battery calibration app.
If u charge it the battery percentage stay forr too long or as if not charging....this is calibration problem. The battery sends wrong signal to the phone. What u can do is drain out the battery fully to 0%.
Then charge to 100% (dont turn on during charging).
After 100% then turn on your phone and use calibration app to calibrate your battery. It shud be OK then.
If it happen again repeat the process.
When you see your battery % doesn't go up during charging then this is calibration issue. Your battery is charging but the software received signal from battery not charging. Thats why it seems like not charging...hop3 this helps.
1) Battery drains and doesn't live up to the promised numbers by Sony
2) The phone hangs and has to be restarted by connecting it to a power source
3) The battery is always confused on how much juice, it has as it will suddenly appear to go from 90 to 0 and will realize the problem when you plug it into power
4) Phone heats up too readily and at times it's a pain to hold it
5) Sony is known for sound quality? But well this model is a miss.
Safe to say this will be my last Sony phone ever; my first phone being a Ericsson and I have had multiple SonyEricsson phones in the past and have loved them all.
Worst phone ever!!! Speaker don't work so can't use the phone without earphones, since first month. Cannot load any apps on the phone as it shuts down intermittently. Phone has now completely shut down, can't get it to startup at all. This is a known issue for this phone but Sony does nothing about recalling it. I now have to buy a new phone even though I am still paying for this via 24month contract - and I only have it a year now.
Sony m5 i used after 14 month,
phone is good working ,not any issue and problem,
camera quality is best,
thank you sony...
THE WORST PHONE IN THE WORLD .....
it's has a lot of problems ..... after 7 months ... the ear speaker dosent work ... there is a problem in the touch screen when its get hot....the bettry diing so fast..... -_-
K, 05 Jun 2017Totally shit , full of nfc problems, ui software problems and super over heating andddddddd u ... moreI bought this phone last year dec. Me too facing the same auto shutdown issue as well as battery overheating. Apart from that this phone is awesome interms of camera + sound system.
Totally shit , full of nfc problems, ui software problems and super over heating andddddddd u lose signal even if ur in the dam city.
if you look at the specifications you'll love the device it's amazing according to it's price,
but after few month you start suffering lacks and hanging , i bought it 5 months ago and now the earphone speaker isn't working and before that 2 days it suffered from lacking the screen stopped showing any thing but grey and tried to make restart but it didn't i pressed the pin next to sim card after that the phone shut down and didn't restart until i plugged the charger and pressed the power so it started
any way my fried also had the same device and suffered from issues more than those
don't buy this device no matter what
First, Experienced Auto shutdown and and needed charger to jump start.
Second, experienced battery drained faster even less usage.
and Now..... Signals weak and drop , connection off and on.
Out of warranty because it was purchased 1 year and few months ago...
Not going to think about Sony in next purchase.
this phone got battery lock problem, the phone will auto shutdown and cant be turn on normally. this phone suck.
Please solve my problem.when I some time use and phone charging it's very hot.
the best for its price ...
heating but normal like otherss...
ppi value is awesome.... screen is so clear....
the benefit of water resistance is good....
anything else, consider it a rumor....
over all, the best in this price group...
i've been using it for 6 months and its for no doubt one of the worst mobile phones i've ever had in my whole life (bad communication (wifi &bluetooth)-freezing screen (not much but it happened about 5 times)-touch screen some times doesn't respond-finger prints all over it specially with the black color.