Sony Xperia miro - user opinions and reviews

Sony

6.8
6.6
6.5

> In reply to Washim Chowdhury @ 2012-09-08 03:14 from YQZW - click to readseriously bro...dey r doin too late.!! For capturing market dey r doing wat samsung did couple of yrs back..releasing many fones together in every possibl price bracket..!!but sony isnt doin it d way samsung did it..!!samsung was really fast wid releasing devices..samsung used to release 2-3 devices in a one go..!n SONY is making their fans wait n wait n wait..!!
Tipo,Tipo dual,miro,j,v,T,SL....7 fones r anounced...jus announced...no clue abt wen dey r goin to release..!!common SONY...!!wake up time..!!

• 2012-09-08 05:24
  • vbPj

Friends. SONY is TOO LATE in releasing phones. I mailed Sony India complaining about their delay in release & I told them that people are compelled to go for other brands unwillingly because its not possible to wait more. I told them to come to this site and see the countless user opinions about this phone. I told "U are losing customers".
But in reply they only said-
"Sorry, we have no update about release date and price yet. These are market dependent" etc.

And Sony India customer care has told me-
"Sorry, we can't give u any informatation about exact or expected release date and pricing of all Sony Xperia tipo, miro and J."
Then I asked whether Xperia J will be launched in India or not since J is not posted in Sony India website and they replied-
"We have no update on it. We can only say that Xperia tipo, tipo dual and miro will be surely launched in India but nothing except this information"

So friends, u have heard what Sony India told me by email and phone. Sony is very late! I am waiting since June for 3 moths. U r also waiting.

• 2012-09-08 03:14
  • YQZW

> In reply to Sai @ 2012-09-07 19:23 from v0Xt - click to readThanks for ur attitude to share the things u have learned. U r welcome. Plz do write ur learnings and thoughts. I shall eagerly and hopefully read ur every future posts. But one humble request to u to write as Posts not as Reply To Me. Plz Write as reply to me to make me correct if I make any wrong comments only.Sorry, but I shall ofcourse read ur and everyone's comments to know what I don't know till now. I have read all comments of miro's user opinions in gsmarena.
Thanks friend.

• 2012-09-08 02:45
  • YQZW

& dude, I wasn't telling you to find anything literally... I'm explaining everything I know to the readers that it'll be hard to locate the sources that I've posted, & that's why I'm only stating the facts I've learned, since like them I'm in a prospect of buying one...

So if you'd put yourself in other people's shoes, wouldn't you want to know more before buying? I'm just trying to be considerate... & this was such a nice thank you...

• 2012-09-07 19:23
  • v0Xt

> In reply to Washim Chowdhury @ 2012-09-07 16:42 from rKER - click to readhold on... I'm not replying anything roughly... I just agreed that you were correct with the enhanced adreno... anything else was purely my web-research & opinion, nothing more, nothing less... & I was mainly trying to reply to the other guys asking about gaming, in which I haven't concluded anything at the end...

Heck, I was even asking how the hardware's performance is... so will you just cool off... as I can see, you're the one about to burst... & hey, they are opinions... it never really means it already aims to oppose anything...

• 2012-09-07 19:15
  • v0Xt

Hey guys, today I contacted Sony Mobile India via email and asked asked about the release date of Xperia Miro and they gave me the below reply

"Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre.

We understand that you want to know the price and launch date of Sony Xperia Miro handset.

We appreciate your interest in Sony Xperia products and services.

In response to your query we would like to inform you that Sony Xperia Miro handset is not yet launched in "India". We are unable to provide the exact date of release or availability and price information for this phone. All current and upcoming models that Sony Xperia plans to release in India are posted on our website. Each country has a specific time frame which is advised on an as-when-is basis.

However, we have taken this as a valuable feedback and we have forwarded the same to the Consumer Feedback Division for their due consideration. Any update in this regard will be posted on our web site.

The information on the website www.sonymobile.com provides consumers an idea of new features for our upcoming and future models.

We regret if this causes you inconvenience but these releases and availability dates are market dependent.

For features and specifications of Sony Xperia Miro handset kindly access the below mentioned link:

For further information on Sony Xperia products, services and support please visit www.sonymobile.com

For any further assistance please feel free to call our customer support on 39011111 or 1800 3000 2800 (Toll free)"

So I guess we shouldn't expect Miro before early October as they said that the availability dates are market dependent.

• 2012-09-07 17:55
  • Rx5A

> In reply to Sai @ 2012-09-07 14:04 from v0Xt - click to readHey buddy, as u can see the post(to which u replied) I made in reply to a user named "jee". jee was saying miro don't have adreno 200 (enhanced) only simple adreno 200 GPU. So I made him correct by saying that NO, its enhanced. So I did NOT said about gaming, HTC explorer etc.

Then why r u talking so roughly? Did I said any wrong or was that pointing to u? I have proof about what I said. I had given a link below that post as proof. And except that I said nothing. Then why r u towards me?
And I did not ask u to give me knowledge about adreno 205. I know 205 and 225 are more better and costlier. Then why r u so irritated? Even I did not say nothing about it or gaming, did I?
And why should I need to go and find that someone's comment of a video? Did I say anything about that?

Then why r u against me when I have said nothing or done nothing wrong? yes, u r always welcome to share ur thoughts about gpu, cpu or anything else, but DON'T WRITE AS REPLY TO ME. Thats really irritating. So lets be co-operative but don't annoy others for what they have done nothing wrong.

• 2012-09-07 16:42
  • rKER

The cheapest & most reasonable sony upgrade I can see with this is the Neo L (too big for me)... But personally I did plan on getting Sola (though it's quite big for me already)... I just didn't like not having a removable battery (a back-up battery is always nice)...

& then I looked up U, but internal storage was too disappointing for me for a non-SD support... so I might stick with this (I like small ones)...

• 2012-09-07 15:12
  • v0Xt

> In reply to Washim Chowdhury @ 2012-09-05 16:30 from rKc} - click to readChow is correct, both J & Miro have adreno 200 enhanced... & from what I've read from a blog (I was stupid enough to accidentally close the tab & having trouble finding it again), if it's gaming, only 20-30% relies on main cpu, most would rely on gpu (So I don't think J would cut it if you're wanting a smoother gaming gpu where you might get from an adreno 205)...

From a post here (go find it yourself), there was a video of HTC explorer (same cpu & gpu, only maybe a downgrade ver) playing Temple Run & other hardware demanding games (though personally I can't run Agent Dash on my explorer)... But since Miro is "enhanced", would anyone have any review of it's gaming performance (like can it play Agent Dash?)?

• 2012-09-07 14:04
  • v0Xt

i will miss sony ericsson:-(

• 2012-09-07 13:51
  • t7$5
  • Ragunath Palanichamy
  • Rating0

whether this mobile has Sony mobile Bravia Engine

• 2012-09-07 10:09
  • utMq

When the hell it is releasing....????

• 2012-09-07 09:52
  • YUM3

i think its enough of waiting...miro will launch arnd 13k..i hav decided to go for xperia GO instead..with lil bargain u can get it arnd 16.5k...so what will i get in that 3.5k xtra-
>Better processr 1Ghz dual core vs 800Mhz single core
>better GPU-Adreno200 vs mali400
>Better picture quality-though both fones has same resolution GO has Mobile BRAVIA engine which will enhance picture for sure...!!
>Better video capturing ability 720p@30fps
>Better internal storage-8gb on GO vs 4GB on MIRO
>bluetooth 3.0 vs Bluetooth2.1 on miro
>better talktime(Though the battery is smaller Go has novthor chipset which is very power efficient)
>n the most imp thing..RUGGEDNESS..waterproof n dust proof..

what wont i get-
>ICS out of d box..but ICS update for GO is arnd d corner..It will b out in dis mnth itself...!! TIMESCAPE UI n sony skin on 2.3 gingerbread looks good otherwise also..!!
>Front Cam-which is useless unless u use 3G data plan(i guess so)

So frnz..whats ur take on dis comparison..spending 3.5k more is justified??

• 2012-09-07 09:34
  • vbPC

> In reply to sapiq @ 2012-09-07 05:33 from uCjy - click to readboth can as mentioned in sony site(hd mean motion gaming?)

• 2012-09-07 09:31
  • iwpE

> In reply to svs @ 2012-09-06 17:55 from iwpB - click to readcan it gaming hd games???

• 2012-09-07 05:33
  • uCjy
  • Ragunath Palanichamy
  • Rating0

> In reply to svs @ 2012-09-06 17:55 from iwpB - click to readyes ur abstly correct...miro is stylish phone...i am dieing ti have that in my hand

• 2012-09-07 04:59
  • utMq

yes i know,both of j and miro runs ics.i'm a great fan of sony especially on their phones since sony ericsson was devastated.

• 2012-09-07 04:26
  • P@1G

sony why are u waiting release it. samsung already released galaxy s duos similar this one hurry up or you will lose many customers

• 2012-09-06 18:29
  • iwpB

> In reply to vaibhi123 @ 2012-09-06 13:31 from qE{4 - click to readCome on Sonyyy Go and launch Miro,, i'll be waiting for last month.. when its going to launch plz tell me,, m waitng,,, n what's the price of it,,

• 2012-09-06 18:06
  • uusJ
Total of 4973 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia miro.