Sony Xperia P - user opinions and reviews

10661904

7.6
7.5
7.3

> In reply to balyo @ 2014-09-07 16:40 from fuZR - click to readjust buy a powerbank.. and u will never run out of juice.. :) I have one..

• 2014-12-15 22:49
  • FMYK

> In reply to Fares @ 2014-11-20 12:02 from npVJ - click to readHi,thanks for this,I was having trouble finding my pictures and this comment really help me out.. thanks :)

• 2014-12-15 22:28
  • FMYK

make your product removable battery.

• 2014-12-14 01:15
  • t7Xr

wow.this is best in its classyfiying.sure you choose it

• 2014-12-12 11:40
  • pV3j

m using Xperia p from last 2 year. m purchase it on 13 January 2013. still m using it, it is the phone. everything is best in it. and bettary backup is much better than Xperia l, sp, and c.
I love my phone

• 2014-12-10 10:40
  • utZ%

I still remember when i bought this phone out of choices of, Nokia E7, Samsung SII, Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc and Apple iPhone 4s who got my attention. I had been using a Nokia C6, E75, Nokia 5800, 5310 etc earlier. This phone was cheaper than the other options I had. I didn't even know Sony makes phone in its name.

Received my Sony Xperia Z2 a couple of hours earlier. Was doing a factory reset on Xperia P and thought this phone deserves a good farewell. Will still keep it. :) My first phone was Sony CMD Z7 back in 2003. Then shifted to Nokia and believed I would never shift again. As for most of the people, shift from Nokia wasn't easy. Samsung, LG, Moto etc seemed either too flashy with strange lights, grills, design or not so subtle UI. Iphone always seemed too pricey for what its worth. So Nokia it was all the way. Accordingly, I was totally getting a E7 which got delayed because of stock shortage.

However, saw it and drooled over it. Verge's gallery photos of Xperia P sold me out. I held it and it was such an amazing phone to hold, totally neck to neck with any Nokia or Apple iPhone 4s. This phone made the shift so easier and the purchase of 325$ was totally worth every cent. I have dropped it a lot many times during 2.5 years of usage. Even while travelling on a bike, on concrete, wood, water puddle, etc.. Still solid.

It will be tough to move to any other brand for a while I believe. This phone served a good two and a half years.

A satisfied customer.

Pros:
Great build quality
The most appealing design on a phone of its time
Reliability and durability
Good sharp screen
Phone kept getting better through updates from Sony till 4.1
Served two and a half years easily.
Rich multimedia features for a mid-range phone
Camera (for a mid-range device of its time)
Physical camera button
Easy managing of media through Sony PC Companion

Cons:
Battery should have been at least 1.5x more
Loudspeaker isn't very clear.
Should have had better front cam resolution
Phone application stutters when you have low free space.
No MicroSD slot

• 2014-12-09 16:11
  • KIeq

The cell is mostly perfect. But the Battery performance is too low. I use 3G connections and the Battery finishes like anything within some Minutes.Their Should be the Full charged specified.If the Battery gets 100 % and we use it For 5 min, the Battery drains till 85%.
And also the Front camera ,it Must be a 2MP (would be Most Useful)so that the Customers can buy this products.
thanks.

• 2014-12-08 09:47
  • tZby

Hi am aa xperia p user. My phone iss good but 1 bad things battery back up very poor. Can I replace the battery high mah

• 2014-12-04 19:15
  • t1$D

> In reply to Priyank @ 2014-11-15 06:00 from vbPT - click to readGo to settings > all apps > album and clear all data.

• 2014-12-04 01:00
  • p2qN

Please give some idea to solve this Problem.

• 2014-12-03 11:06
  • PGsj

I really wish to upgrade to kitkat and if possible lollypop. Would it work fine for Xperia P?

• 2014-12-03 05:47
  • syer

I want to change memory card.
But i can't find any option..
Is it fixed memory or not...??
Plz ans me any one....

• 2014-12-02 10:24
  • YTL6

Have this phone for 2 years now... Still working good now problems at all.
Only bad thing is the battery (1300 mah is very small)

• 2014-11-30 18:16
  • Btyt

Poor battery. It sucks.
Good cam n display.
Super bright display.
Even after answering the call it takes a few seconds to connect the call. The phone vibrates till then.

• 2014-11-29 13:29
  • 2SDv

All the performances are GREAT in this phone.The camera quality z marvelous.The resolutions are really good. But the only thing that aggrieved me ws the poor battery life.I have to charge it absolutely 2 times a day to use on that day...cn anyone help me to fix this thing?? Do i have to replace the battery?

• 2014-11-28 17:47
  • teqq

> In reply to Priyank @ 2014-11-15 06:00 from vbPT - click to readBroo you install any memory booster.......you go ur phone setting and click apps and click album.....then resubmit.clear data, clear cache..... Do it broo....

• 2014-11-24 15:49
  • t}mt

> In reply to Priyank @ 2014-11-15 06:00 from vbPT - click to readto see you images in Album you should go to apps and click on all ---> Album ---> clear data, then you will see your images there
good luck

• 2014-11-20 12:02
  • npVJ

> In reply to baguio @ 2014-11-16 15:18 from th7j - click to readWrong Carrier, Phone doesn't recognise it-try a different carriers SIM

• 2014-11-17 18:12
  • FEDP

each gadget on earth has its merits and demerits.sony xperia P is a good phone to have it depends on how you handle it.If you carefree then you got the results ..

• 2014-11-17 09:29
  • fmW2

i also have an xperia p but the album does not shown and it hung up, and also i insert a sim it doesnt work,and when i remove the sim car it work,what problm is this

• 2014-11-16 15:18
  • th7j
Total of 7095 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia P.