Sony Xperia P - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.6
7.5
7.3

My xperia p is about 1year old....it dies soon after turning data on even if battry is fully charged. If data is off its ok......but whats the use of smartphone without a net connection....;(

• 2014-07-25 22:03
  • t1$D

it was the one of the best phone. After using 1 year I face problem with battery. Anyone suggest me how can I solve this problem??

• 2014-07-22 13:36
  • K2Gh

The phone is really good, but as a time goes it create problem with battery it drain faster and faster.
if I turn on data connection the phone get switch off even battery is full. and also on standby mode.
please help me, I need to replace battery or change the phone.

Second think is SONY SERVICING CENTER IS REALLY REALLY BAD. Specially at my place Goa.
They don't even have spare and they don't even bothered about costmer. About 1 and half month pass I ordered battery of xperia p but result is zero. and now they says we don't have spare of mobile.

• 2014-07-20 17:53
  • rAS5

> In reply to nivinvj @ 2014-07-19 11:12 from 2Tbg - click to readYou could buy your self a Motorola Moto G. It is around 200. Has a quad-core snapdragon 400 with upgraded adreno 305 running at 450MHz. Also a very good batterylife and display. But if you realy want a Sony phone you can get the original Xperia Z for 250-300. It also has very good battery.Both of the phones I suggested have android 4.4.

• 2014-07-19 22:06
  • nmP6

At first it was the best phone in the world.About 6 months it run pretty well.Then started the battery problem.Now it doesn't last even an hour with mobile data on.I just need another phone with good battery life.

• 2014-07-19 11:12
  • 2Tbg

> In reply to jen @ 2014-07-18 10:50 from t7$g - click to readyou can throw it away when its battry died..

• 2014-07-19 07:03
  • iwpE

my unit keeps on restarting. anyone can help me please? thanks

• 2014-07-18 10:50
  • t7$g

> In reply to mza @ 2014-07-16 04:17 from PVv{ - click to readyes, thats how it works,. u need to clear cache memory.. it will give u a dialogue box asking, that all data wud be deleted, Click on YEs n dont worry,none of ur photos wud be deleted

• 2014-07-16 16:17
  • 2@rj

> In reply to Kishore @ 2014-07-15 21:20 from tUeb - click to readYou may try this...goto setting, goto apps, goto All tab, select Album, click force stop, clear data and clear cache. Restart your phone. Album will load successfully when you use the app.

• 2014-07-16 04:17
  • PVv{

My camera ALBUM is not opening from 2 months on time , can anyone help me out from this issue..

• 2014-07-15 21:20
  • tUeb

I noticed a bit of lag too and some other bugs with the original software. Then, I realized that there are some other modified rom's to this incredible phone, a thousand times better then the original one. Go to xdadevelopers forum and do a quick search.

I'm using percy's last 4.4.3 kitkat versions and it is amazingly well done. Very smooth, very fast, amazing battery lifetime. (4.4.4 is being developed).

It is a shame Sony doesnt continue developing android's operating system to this phone, but you have another great ways to use it as it should be used. And again, do a quick search in xda developers forum (Xperia P category, of course) and see what they've got there. Donate to the developers too.

• 2014-07-06 16:10
  • L9p}

> In reply to Iulia @ 2014-07-03 10:58 from mjQE - click to readsame problem

• 2014-07-05 13:59
  • mtrQ

I think generally Sony is a let down and this is seen on this phone.It has massive lag,The battery is just unbearable among other things.

• 2014-07-04 23:37
  • i55L

I loved it when I first got it, but now, two years later, I have to say I'm a little bit dissapointed. Everything was fine for the first months, but after that it begun crashing: very often errors, battery discharged after 5-6 hours, things like that. From time to time it even turns itself off. :|
I really feel sorry for these problems, because otherwise it would have been a very satisfying phone

• 2014-07-03 10:58
  • mjQE

my led lights are not working plz help me

• 2014-07-03 07:04
  • IaH0

Kia ora I have an Xperia x10 and I love it. I have put it in to be fixed once and now I will need to put it back in to get it repaired again. It is in the charging area where the problem is. I appreciate reading these comments of the Xperia P as I was about to buy one. After these comments perhaps not. Kia ora again for the opportunity to make comment

• 2014-07-03 06:22
  • wvW{

My phone is to much hanging and sum time no working is tuch screen plz help me

• 2014-06-30 07:32
  • fnqJ

good phone except that the battery get used very quickly and so has to change for a new battery each year

• 2014-06-29 10:39
  • fmML

> In reply to naiah @ 2014-06-18 04:02 from 7Xdd - click to readIf you have upgraded to the Android version 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) the battery is lasting less than in the previous version of Android. So that the battery lasted longer I put in the developer options to limit background processes for "Without background processes".

• 2014-06-25 21:07
  • P7sv

the notification from my app is consuming my credits how can i stop it :(

• 2014-06-25 03:15
  • 9LHR
Total of 6996 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia P.