Sony Xperia P - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.5
7.4
7.3

I replaced the phone's stock Sony (official) JB with AOSX rom (Android Open Source Xperia) using this guide from xdadevelopers - http://forum.xda-developers.co...rom-t2716195

not enough words of happiness - battery issue is a thing of the past. smoother, no Sony bloatware :-)

• 2014-04-16 02:17
  • sRjx

> In reply to muashir @ 2014-04-09 08:47 from sUvB - click to readdial
*#*#7378423#*#*
if it work then ur phone is orignal

• 2014-04-14 06:07
  • 6Pbb

> In reply to jeena @ 2014-04-13 10:32 from 2TbM - click to readWindows 8 (core version) doesn't have Bitlocker option (only Pro nad Enterprise bave it). I am not familiar with Bitlocker so don't have clue what options you have but I am sure there are alternatives.

• 2014-04-13 19:07
  • prkt

hello maxym,help me please,after updating to jb,i cant see photos in my album,i have to go to settings and clear the data always from app.

• 2014-04-13 13:43
  • uumJ

> In reply to maxym @ 2014-04-12 21:57 from xqEj - click to readlocal disk is about 25gb,rest is in local disk,i recently bought this laptop,it runs in windows 8 single language,heard like it cant be partioned,but I want to partion my disk,also single language doesn't provide bit locker ;(.is there any good softwares like bitlocker that I can install?

• 2014-04-13 10:32
  • 2TbM

hi,I upgraded to jb,now I cant see my photos in album.what to do?

• 2014-04-13 07:01
  • fCx{

> In reply to Lyndon @ 2014-04-12 03:45 from t7{k - click to readFirst try Repairing your System (with PCC or SUS), just google this site for that, there are bunch of my posts describing how to do that in detail.

Then do couple full battery cycles (also described before how to do that).

Then, if problem persist, go to the nearest Sony Repair Center and ask for battery replacement (or problem with charging parts inside phone.

• 2014-04-12 22:03
  • xqEj

> In reply to jeena @ 2014-04-11 12:16 from fCx% - click to readSorry but I'm not familiar with specific problem. I noticed something on Lenovo site but there was mentioned joining two partitions (C: and D:) and resizing by using waste space on OneTouchRecovery partition.

If you care to explain a bit in detail what is the situation, and what actually you want to accomplish, I might be of more help to you.

• 2014-04-12 21:57
  • xqEj

I tried connecting via pc companion to update,but its not working,they are saying that in windows 8,it cant be updated.help me out.

• 2014-04-12 05:54
  • uum8

• 2014-04-12 05:41
  • uum8

i have a hugeeeee problem with my Xperia P.. the battery drain so fast even if it is fully charge it only last for 30minutes when continually use.. and if i charge it heatens.. what should i do?

• 2014-04-12 03:45
  • t7{k

Hi, been using Xperia P for a year and I am quite satisfied. The only thing that makes me want to change phone is that its front camera is very poor. Even exposed with sunlight, it still very poor like only vga.. Hard to take selfie :3 well, thats all for now.. Will be updating soon..

• 2014-04-12 01:39
  • tZ0s

hi guys,am going to upgrade my Xperia p to jb,any suggestions?

• 2014-04-11 12:43
  • fCx%

> In reply to maxym @ 2014-04-10 22:13 from xqxs - click to readactually I bought a new Lenovo,there's only two disk partioned,one is about 20gb n d rest,that is Windows local disk c is about 400sumthng,this is Windows 8 single language.when I searched in net,many people have the same issue,not able to shrink :-(

• 2014-04-11 12:16
  • fCx%

I don't know what happened to my Xperia P. There's no signal now. I already change the sim and rebooted it but there's no effect. Anybody who could me, please?

• 2014-04-11 00:06
  • Kxek

> In reply to jeena @ 2014-04-10 17:51 from fCx$ - click to readYup, you can update Win 8 to Win 8.1 for free.

I'm not sure what do you want to do with partitioning, but you should take care to use non-destructive partition manager (otherwise it might delete all your data). Also notice that you cannot shrink partition below the amount of used data (for instance, if you have 500 GB HDD and 200 GB is occupied with your programs and data, you cannot shrink it below 200 GB, to prevent that you delete useful data from disk).

If you have Extended partition you cannot shrink it before you shrink Logical partition(s) inside Extended partition, and Primary partitions can be resized freely, as long as there is enough space on disk.

• 2014-04-10 22:13
  • xqxs

> In reply to maxym @ 2014-04-10 15:09 from 0vS@ - click to readok,so I can update into 8.1 na? I tried partioning hard disks,but not able to.shrink :-(

• 2014-04-10 17:51
  • fCx$

> In reply to jeena @ 2014-04-10 14:09 from fCx$ - click to readI highly doubt you can upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 8 Pro for free since the price of Pro is almost double the price of regular version (199.99 vs 119.99 USD in USA). You probably heard that you can update Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 for free, and thats understandable since 8.1 is regular (and free) update for Windows 8.

• 2014-04-10 15:09
  • 0vS@

thank you maxym,well I have one other doubt,not about Xperia p,I think my Windows 8 is genuine,heard like we can update freely into Windows 8 pro,is it rite?

• 2014-04-10 14:09
  • fCx$

After upgrade jb 4.1.2, factory reset will fix the lag.

• 2014-04-09 16:45
  • tuf1
Total of 6920 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia P.