Sony Xperia P - user opinions and reviews

10203203

7.6
7.5
7.3

> In reply to nasir.talal @ 2013-02-02 06:59 from u1vM - click to readput your camera on 6 Mp then turn off the cell phone then turn on and problem solved ... :) .. i have faced this problem :) bt it solved after doing this :P

• 2013-02-03 18:45
  • K63q

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-02-03 15:02 from v0qJ - click to readWell.... you should try CM10 or ParanoidAndroid. Many based on them are available on xda. Do some searching and post your top 3 choices. I will tell you which would be better.

• 2013-02-03 16:01
  • Xuek

> In reply to Sbdevilmind @ 2013-02-03 14:21 from Xuek - click to readHehe, I already had a lot of help from you at neo v comment section. Do you have a link for neo v jelly bean? I mean, the best available. I got the official ics but I want to try JB on it, anyway I'm trying to experiment on it because old old.

• 2013-02-03 15:02
  • v0qJ

> In reply to JellaGarnet @ 2013-02-03 14:48 from t7U1 - click to readAbsolutely... P is WAY better than those two.
1. Higher resolution screen.
2. 8MP Exmor R camera (superb photos and 1080p videos)
3. 1Gb RAM.
4. Metal body (feels very expensive)
5. Will get JellyBean update on March end. Being a dual core phone plus have 1GB Ram..... makes it just perfect for almost everything.
TIP: If you are from India, buy from eBay. Xperia P is 17K there instead of 23. Unless you want original Sony india warranty I suggest you to get it for 17K (warranty is handled by the seller). Once you learn how to use FlashTool, you won't even need that.....

• 2013-02-03 14:56
  • Xuek

Hello! I'm planning to buy this phone. Is this phone have better features than Xperia J or Xperia Neo L? What can you say about its features especially the camera's quality, battery and is the OS fast? and besides I'm not a heavy user of phone. I just want to take clear pictures and listen to music. So, can you recommend me to buy this phone? :D Thank you!

• 2013-02-03 14:48
  • t7U1

> In reply to DHRUBONIL @ 2013-02-03 14:22 from PEqf - click to readWhich internal storage are you talking of? The 2gb one is meant only for apps (ext4 format, not meant for media storage).
Picture size is normal. Usually bigger size than normal photo is due to higher ISO settings, i.e Night time pictures (lower compression to help reduce noise, hence the bigger size). It's nothing odd. P has a 8MP camera, what can you expect?

• 2013-02-03 14:37
  • Xuek

Those of you here who know the custom rom 'ParanoidAndroid' probably know that it has a unique feature that allows to change the DPI of applications on our phone. That too set separate settings for each app. Changing DPI (say, lowering the value) will make the letters and UI elements of an app seem smaller, hence allowing it to display more info on the same screen area. But many guys are unable to enjoy it because that Rom needs an unlocked bootloader, which is something that can't be achieved without ruining warranty.
Anyways, there is an alternative solution. All one needs is a rooted device. Rooting is easy, I have rooted my P recently. Follow this guide on xda after rooting to install the necessary framework and apk that allows us to custom change per app dpi settings.

• 2013-02-03 14:30

>> Per picture is consumed 2/3 mb....is
nt it consumed much???
i m facing album problm also.....is thr any
way to make folder in the 'album'??....and
how can it is possible to save the taken
snaps in the internal storage????

• 2013-02-03 14:22
  • PEqf

> In reply to PAUL @ 2013-02-03 13:35 from v0qJ - click to readHi there..... you talking about me? I do know a thing or two but it's still not enough to match the geniuses on xda.
I am available in this group now. Ask me anything related to modding and I will guide you well.

• 2013-02-03 14:21
  • Xuek

what is the best setting to save up battery & can anyone tell me how to know RTN (refurbished status) in xperia P.

• 2013-02-03 13:50
  • KI6W

> In reply to WEBHEAD @ 2013-02-01 13:56 from 9D1W - click to readHey webhead, where have you been? And do you know what forums did smdevilmind went? That dude is a pro in xda-developer info. Theres many things I need to ask him about my neo v.

• 2013-02-03 13:35
  • v0qJ

I lost my original charger, any other sony charger will support boost charging ??
please help !!

• 2013-02-03 13:32
  • t1$E

> In reply to shahzi @ 2013-02-03 12:17 from U3xx - click to readTry using other phone at same price range, I guarantee the same outcome.

• 2013-02-03 13:16
  • v0qJ

> In reply to jr @ 2013-02-02 05:26 from vp1@ - click to readSir sony have wireless charger up to 3000mah. Look it up on sony page, or if its not posted their you can look it up on Sony store. Those are already existing long time ago. Out looks like the size a third of Xperia p and about 20mm thick. There a're also wireless charger available in the market, third party that supports almost all phones.wireless charger is not a new tech.

• 2013-02-03 12:55
  • v0qJ

set is g00d but battery performance is very bad.. 6 to 7 hours work only..

• 2013-02-03 12:17
  • U3xx

btry prof is very very and and cam.....is also bad

• 2013-02-03 11:56
  • t1$I

> In reply to dj soni @ 2013-01-18 18:35 from 6QHq - click to readThat happens with my messages too . But I guess repairing the software might work .

• 2013-02-03 01:06
  • KI6r

> In reply to ares @ 2013-02-02 10:29 from pT6d - click to readBest way to prolong battery life is to turn on Extended Stand-by option, uninstall all task, memory, and battery utilities, install notification bar switcher and turn off 3G when on WiFi. But if you are Facebook addict it won't help much.

• 2013-02-02 20:51
  • pr0%

> In reply to amit sakaria @ 2013-02-02 14:06 from 2SMC - click to readIf you meant 6 hours of stand-by, then something is wrong with your phone, because Xperia P battery lasts 16 hours (of average usage) without problems.

If you meant 6 hours of intensive usage, then go buy yourself iPhone 5 or Motorola Razr Maxx, because Xperia P or any other smartphone in its class cannot give you more then 4-5 hours of battery life on intensive usage (3d gameplay, constant WiFi web surfing, etc.).

• 2013-02-02 18:36
  • xqxf

battery life is very poor cannot depend more than 6 hours phone is good but due to poor performance of battery phone is bad

• 2013-02-02 14:06
  • 2SMC
Total of 7026 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia P.