Sony Xperia P - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.6
7.5
7.4

who experienced death grip for xperia p? is this a usual problem for xperia p? it would be disappointing if its true and at the same time if the battery isn't great as well..:( should i have second thoughts in buying this phone?

• 2012-11-23 12:14
  • XMV}

I hv bought xperia p today.....after that i charged it 1.5 hour and it shown 100% charge but whn i used it for 5 minutes the battary percentage dcreased at 98%...!!!!....my questn is HOW LONG I CHARGE MY XPERIA AT THE VERY BEGINING TIME???

• 2012-11-23 11:21
  • u4gD

> In reply to nokia2xperia @ 2012-11-21 19:44 from vGMG - click to readAgreed. The same happened to me. So I sold the phone.

• 2012-11-23 07:45
  • vwdI

> In reply to Thamizh @ 2012-11-22 05:07 from w4cR - click to readIt is having the worst battery back up for its price range. Go for a Galaxy S2(~INR 25K) or S Advance (~INR 19K).

• 2012-11-23 07:41
  • vwdI

I am unable to decided if I should wait for Samsung Galaxy S3 mini or go for Xperia P. I know Xperia P has better specs than S3 mini but the battery niggles is making me hesitant to invest in Sony XP. Any suggestion guys ?

• 2012-11-23 07:15
  • bCHx

> In reply to mr.sain @ 2012-11-22 20:38 from XjH@ - click to readIf you compare the specifications of both phones as well as read the comments of the users, you'll see that xperia P is better than the samsung galaxy S duos.

but on my own opinion, xperia P is way much better compared to samsung galaxy S duos because:

1. Internal storage - 13gb (user available) vs 4gb; for apps that can only be stored in the internal storage
2. Camera's Resolution - 8mp vs 5mp; better picture quality
3. CPU - dual core vs single core; better performance

But hey, that's just for me. ;)

• 2012-11-23 04:32
  • K7gR

is it supported by instagram?

• 2012-11-23 02:56
  • v0qx

> In reply to gelo @ 2012-11-22 11:08 from P$cP - click to readHi guys have you try to use the visualizer on walkman.
Its awsome, use graff then tap it until you achieve a nice paint then screenshot. Now you got a costumized wallpaper. Try it, its alot of fun.

• 2012-11-23 00:47
  • vxrD

> In reply to nokia2xperia @ 2012-11-21 19:44 from vGMG - click to readi want to purchase a celll phone and i confused between xperia p and samsung galaxy s duos so witch is better...

• 2012-11-22 20:38
  • XjH@

Got an Xperia P silver from O2UK online today on pay & go a refurbished handset for £129

• 2012-11-22 19:21
  • 3Jjc

> In reply to shyam2100 @ 2012-11-22 10:39 from vwXY - click to readYes, you have to install 3rd party software for video-calls (skype for instance).

• 2012-11-22 15:31
  • 0vS@

Cosmic flow is a bit laggy after upgrading to ICS. is there any fix about this problem? thanks.

• 2012-11-22 11:08
  • P$cP

hello

i have bought xperia p 2 weeks ago i have check my video call test in my mobile but i cant done it i think video call is done in my mobile with the help of some third party applications and we cannot done video call directly through my phone?????????? plse help me someone?????/

• 2012-11-22 10:39
  • vwXY

Actually am planning to buy this...Can anyone lemme know the battery backup of this phone...Is it k?..bcoz sony doesnt have good battery backup...pls guide me in this regard...

• 2012-11-22 05:07
  • w4cR

> In reply to thea @ 2012-11-20 12:38 from uSN$ - click to readSony applies a shatterproof plastic layer on top of the glass on all of their phones. The plastic layer is like a normal screen protector except a bit thicker and stronger glue. The glass does not scratch easily. The scratch is only on the screen ptotector/shatterproof layer!

• 2012-11-22 05:04
  • q}r{

> In reply to A not-so Heavy user @ 2012-11-22 04:47 from 2AtF - click to readI have mine but im not selling this phone, why dont you look for some other brands and compare reviews first. It will not harm you to look for more options. I have to say many phones could meet your demands, because your a not so heavy user :D

• 2012-11-22 04:58
  • A not-so Heavy user
  • Rating0

> In reply to PAUL @ 2012-11-22 04:12 from vxrD - click to readThen I should really be buying this phone after all! Thanks for the tip, man!

• 2012-11-22 04:47
  • 2AtF

> In reply to A not-so heavy user @ 2012-11-20 06:43 from 2AtF - click to readBasing on your average consuption this phone will drain its battery for about 1.5 day and not more than 2 days. Just dont make the brightness settings too high and led light on when not necessary. 30% percent brightness will do, and LED light when outdoor.

• 2012-11-22 04:12
  • vxrD

> In reply to SYH @ 2012-11-20 16:50 from K63q - click to readUpdate to ICS and factory reset, then download Advance tast manager. I updated mine and lasts 4hours on 3G(browsing & downloads), 5hours Music via speaker, 2hours games and still got 40% from 80% when I disconnected from charger.

• 2012-11-22 03:06
  • vxrD

Xperia P is what i thought of buying after some extensive research and since i wanted to shift to an Android phone. My 1st day experience with XP was horrible coz Battery got drained out just like a running cab meter.Then i realized that a charging technique has to be there b4 1st use. Tips: charge ur new phone for 6hrs in off condition b4 use. I got a out-of-box ICS for XP. Guys i will suggest to go for ICS O-o-Box coz my friend had probs while upgrading and even after upgrading.
I feel ICS takes some time to settle down on the phone and then battery usage improves.
Pros: features/cost - gr8 phone in this range.
dual cam, ICS, HDMI connection, feel in hand, screen-size - these r some of the things i like about it.
Cons: Internal battery - no use of keeping a spare one :( . Micro SIM- cant hv a normal ph handy incase XP is down, Speaker sound - not too gr8

• 2012-11-21 19:44
  • vGMG
Total of 7150 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia P.