Sony Xperia P - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.6
7.5
7.3

Hi guys, this phone is cool. all of this phone are excellent. about the memory, 12 GB is enough for you. But there is something problem on this phone wich you must know. life battery is quite poor. you can realize, the screen is 4.0inch then the battery capacity just 1320Mah. you should prepare to buy power bank for this phone. thanks

• 2012-11-16 13:15
  • vfxa

I have a problem moving files thru Bluetooth - its either not detecting devices or even if detected it does not transfer files.

Also Its only 12 gb whereas it is expected to be 16 GB

• 2012-11-16 09:09
  • utdR

Any 1 have experience of juice defender android app for saving battery life???

• 2012-11-16 08:43
  • vGx3

> In reply to Mehedi-bd @ 2012-11-15 17:03 from uNVD - click to readWhich ICS version are you running. Are you not finding any issue with wifi while in ICS as there are reports of wifi not working by many users. Pls share your comment

• 2012-11-16 08:40
  • MHxy

What type of xperia its suitable for gamer?
please give me any suggestion..

• 2012-11-16 05:03
  • TSRx

> In reply to din ahmad @ 2012-11-15 09:56 from PS6s - click to readI guess I'm gonna buy this one after all :) I'm not much of a gamer, so that won't be a problem for me. Thank you very much!

• 2012-11-16 02:24
  • 2AtF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-15 14:11 from K63q - click to readSorry if i gave you that impression. Please follow the conversation threads. My bad experience is about updating Arc to ICS. really laggy. But when it was on GB its above excellent. Neo v is great too in GB, not on ICS.

• 2012-11-16 02:02
  • vxrD

guys help me out.how do I knw the difference between recent apps or a app which is actually running when keeping hold of the home button. its absolutely driving me crazy arghhh

• 2012-11-16 01:35
  • HKTp

guys plz help me out.. i bought this phone today its brand new and from the start i am facing a problem.. when i play a video a green line starts blinking on the edge of screen.. is this some can of flaw?? plz help thank you

• 2012-11-15 19:04
  • tPFf

> In reply to Mehedi-bd @ 2012-11-15 17:03 from uNVD - click to readTo mehedi is it original phone with ics update please let me know i want to buy this phone

• 2012-11-15 18:50
  • K2E5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-05 21:25 from t1$A - click to readuse pc companion. go to sonymobile.com>> software>>update

• 2012-11-15 17:17
  • theC

Today i bought a xperia p and from out of box it comes with ics and i m so happy and it takes 25,000 in bcity.

• 2012-11-15 17:03
  • uNVD

I just bought this phone a few days ago, and my only concern is the battery life, it barely lasts a day... Really disappointed with that, because what's the use of a phone if it doesn't have charge. Im only running on 2g andi dont even use the WiFi and music all time. Can you guys give me some tips to extend my battery life, I'm already using juice defender.

But here are also the things that I liked about this phone.
1. The screen is really really bright, right now I'm using 0% and its still brighter than my friends S2
2. Never lags, the phone is really fast and smooth. (I'm running ice cream sandwich already by three way)
3. The 4"display is perfect fit
4. Very elegant design

• 2012-11-15 15:56
  • v0qu

any battery life issues (not using battery saver apps)?

• 2012-11-15 15:24
  • fxHc

The Arc series of phones is quite sturdy and reliable.
I hope this version is better than the Arc S but by looking at the specs, I fail to see any dramatic difference. I own an Arc S. The cameras take excellent pictures for 8MP and the Mobile BRAVIA engine really has a big affect on the quality of images. Call quality is excellent and using the internet (mobile and wifi) via the standard browser is incredibly fast, much faster than other Android browsers such as Opera or Firefox for Android.

I look forward to getting my hands on this model to see if it's any better than Arc S or more of the same but in a different package ;)

• 2012-11-15 14:17
  • X3tX

> In reply to PAUL @ 2012-11-15 02:31 from vxrD - click to readwhy do u have a bad experience with Arc S please share cuz i going to buy Arc S in few days :/

• 2012-11-15 14:11
  • K63q

> In reply to PAUL @ 2012-11-15 02:23 from vxrD - click to readthank you so much... . . much appreciated

• 2012-11-15 12:31
  • t7Xr

> In reply to I NEED YOUR HELP @ 2012-11-15 09:31 from 2AtF - click to readim using xperia p right now. bought it last two weeks. overall, it is very phone I ever had since this my first smartphone, haha. pretty awesome, camera was good, 8mp with Exmor R. but the deal breaker here is, the battery life. it drain pretty fast when using internet either mobile data or WiFi. and also, gaming. but gaming.was very good, HD game? no worries. other than that, just awesome. gaming and surfing consuming a lot of battery. but in other hand, pretty good. its worth it :)

• 2012-11-15 09:56
  • PS6s

Screen is incredible.

• 2012-11-15 09:38
  • w9KM

Guys please help me out.

I am planning to buy a phone (most preferably, an Xperia) and I want your opinions about what phone I can buy that would be worth my money.

I only have a budget of 380 euros (take note, in my country prices of phones are very much different compared to the ones provided by gsmarena. For example, Xperia p costs at around 340 euros here, compared to the 270 euros indicated in gsmarena), and this would be the first time that I would buy my own smartphone.

Here are the things that I would like to have on my phone:
-impressive build quality (aesthetics, etc.)
-good camera, not necessarily excellent
-very nice, if not superb, audio quality
-details on the screen are sharp
-somewhat large memory (but I think 16gb for me is enough)
-not too heavy
-not too large

Additionally, I would love to have these but they are not exactly my priorities compared with my list above:
-thin body
-with front cam
-HDMI port
-with NFC support

Actually, I have set my eyes on either an Xperia P or an Xperia sola. While gsmarena's review said that sola's camera is not very good, I have read elsewhere that it is impressive for its price range. I dunno what to believe so please clear things out for me. Sorry, if I sounded like a crybaby writing all of these. But I really wanted to get the bang out of my buck. Thank you very much! :)

• 2012-11-15 09:31
  • 2AtF
Total of 7054 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia P.