Sony Xperia P - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.6
7.5
7.3

> In reply to XFan @ 2012-11-19 11:33 from t4nb - click to readBtw, I got mine with Gingerbread and updated it myself. I faced a problem, like apps crashing, thats all and no wifi problems. I did a reset and everything is buttery smooth. If the price difference between GB and ICS out of the box is a lot then go get the GB and update it yourself. But if you rather save yourself *maybe* with potential problems like some people claim, then just get ICS out of the box.

• 2012-11-20 02:02
  • t7XH

> In reply to XFan @ 2012-11-19 11:33 from t4nb - click to readIt's really hard to give an exact figure regarding the battery life because everyone uses their phones differently everyday. Right now my phone has 57% left, been running for 10 hours and 24 minutes. I haven't used my phone much today, maybe a total of 30 - 45mins of browsing and gaming and it has stayed on standby a lot. Autosync is on for Gmail (received a couple of emails) and whatsapp (no messages). I love my Xperia P but the battery is terrible. I'm just at home most of the time so battery isn't that a problem cos I can charge it anytime. I lose about 8 - 10% in 6 hours (when I'm asleep, no special setting). I would imagine normal - heavy users would be frustrated with this phone. I used to charge this phone twice a day with heavy use.

• 2012-11-20 01:57
  • t7XH

Nic phn bt battery so poor performance hw to overcome it someone help me pls....

• 2012-11-19 13:51
  • U{EN
  • F

> In reply to Sri @ 2012-11-19 13:17 from MHxy - click to readi love my xperia P, except for this im facing now bout d battery problem. i have no issue with battery problem if it will serve me at least 10 hours of continues normal to heavy usage. i wish after I reset it with factory data and re update with SUS .. i dont have face any problem..
the display of the xeria p is superb compare to other galaxy even the note 2 my my classmate. he admit it :)

• 2012-11-19 13:44
  • t7Xr

> In reply to julee @ 2012-11-19 00:47 from t7Xi - click to readYes Sony Update Servie it is. Use that and you will not have any problems . Good luck.

• 2012-11-19 13:17
  • MHxy

> In reply to maxym @ 2012-11-19 12:19 from 0vS@ - click to readThanks for you answer mate. The bigger screen, more ram and jelly bean update makes turns in my favor over xperia u. Thanks for the help!!

• 2012-11-19 12:39
  • t4nb

> In reply to XFan @ 2012-11-19 11:33 from t4nb - click to readYou can expect one (normal use) to two days (occasional use) battery life. Of course if you use it intensively (especially at the beginning after purchase) expect to charge it twice a day (same as any other mid-range smartphone).

ICS is better option (longer battery life on stand-by) and only some users have difficulties with WiFi.

• 2012-11-19 12:19
  • 0vS@

good phone, but not in desain. monoton sony

• 2012-11-19 12:04
  • U}}x

I am thinking of buying this phone but I am wondering about battery problems. I am not a heavy user and hardly surf the net or play games for an hour a day. My current usage on my Nokia 603 lasts for 2-3 days. So will I experience much issues ? Is the non replaceable battery a major headache for 1-2 years Thanks for answering my questions. Also on the internet, the phone is available with gingerbread os but in stores in ics, it is costlier in stores so where should I buy it from, I've been hearing ics update messes up with wifi ? Thanks for answering my question. Cheers!

• 2012-11-19 11:33
  • t4nb

> In reply to bone @ 2012-11-18 12:12 from X}tP - click to readThe battery is 1305mAh. So by theory , the screen in Xperia P ib most likely to consume the battery. This is true , as i HAD one Xperia P. The battery depletes every minute. It was quite painful to see that. While outdoors, or even in the office also, it is a headache to maintain the battery life. Again, the battery cover is non-removable, making the case worse that you can't even keep a spare battery. But if you are happy with the external batteries available in today's market, then its your choice to buy Xperia P.

• 2012-11-19 07:15
  • vwdI

> In reply to www @ 2012-11-17 13:21 from uNVC - click to readThe mobile hardly lasts 3 hrs on continuous browsing. It is the best midrange android device while it comes to the features. But again the BATTERY life is so so poor that I sold my Xperia P within 10 days from buying. It was disgusting and shame to the company that has fit the poor BATTERY into it.

• 2012-11-19 07:05
  • vwdI

> In reply to anik32 @ 2012-11-18 20:42 from K6m7 - click to readDude ! I had bought a Xperia P and sold it within 10 days due to its sucking battery life. SL is a better option as the battery is a little poserful than P, but again its battery is non-removable as I checked the disassembly procedure. So if you are happy with this option, go for SL or else go for a Galaxy S series which has much better battery life.

• 2012-11-19 06:59

I love this phone *-*
Its amazing *-*

• 2012-11-19 02:34
  • PtPn

> In reply to Sri @ 2012-11-18 17:38 from utYJ - click to readso you update is with SONY UPDATE SERVICE? and not through the pc companion. i updated my xp trough pc companion this is why im facing problem..

• 2012-11-19 00:47
  • t7Xi

> In reply to Sri @ 2012-11-18 17:38 from utYJ - click to readi dont know the procedure im sorry..:( i dont even know what is SUS. im already using ics now wifi is the only problem that im facing now. if you dont mind can you explain it to me clearly.? :)

• 2012-11-19 00:06
  • t7Xi

> In reply to Bane @ 2012-11-17 15:01 from LHea - click to readHi, i am planning to buy Sony Xperia P, my usage is Voice Calls and Messaging only mostly, with 2 hrs of music and minimal browsing for 10-15 mins, no gaming.

Can i face less battery back up in this case ?

• 2012-11-18 21:18
  • v{PI

last day i but sony xperia p , but i not happy with it because poor battery , so give me suggestion which one better sony xperia P or sony xperia SL may be i'll change it .

• 2012-11-18 20:42
  • K6m7

> In reply to www @ 2012-11-18 10:40 from uNVD - click to readWell, if browsing is your main requirement, you should go for device with 5:3 aspect ratio (or bigger 16:9 screen). Xperia P is a great multimedia phone with exceptional design (things I was looking for..:) Also AMOLED screens consume less energy, so if I were you, I would go for samsung galaxy s2 or s3 mini (wait for the price drop). If you want to go for cheaper option, HTC One V has good rep in my country, great sound and battery backup (CPU is not crucial for web browsing). Huawei P1 is a cool phone too.. If you're still thinking about Xperia P, battery life really improves with ICS (5h screen time today:), and it charges really really fast.
Hah, maybe the best option is to keep the Nokia and get the Nexus 7 tablet. It's within your budget;) Anyway, I hope I helped you.. Good luck!

• 2012-11-18 20:00
  • LHea

what can u say about this phone?i want to buy one.

• 2012-11-18 18:44
  • iwpE
Total of 7110 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia P.