Sony Xperia P - user opinions and reviews

11191381

7.6
7.5
7.4

I got Sony Xperia P yesterday n there is no battery pblm it lasts more than 24 hours even with heavy usage

• 2012-11-20 14:21
  • KcP6

> In reply to phoebe @ 2012-11-20 09:42 from P@dH - click to readIt's not the screen glass that is scratched, but the shatter proof foil on top of the glass.

You can remove the foil (takes some patience), look for the info on xda-developers or Sony-forum.

• 2012-11-20 13:42
  • 0vS@

> In reply to julee @ 2012-11-20 12:04 from t7Xi - click to readhow did you solve it dude?

• 2012-11-20 13:03
  • UD}x

i have a high expectation for the scratch resistant glass and yet you disappoint me,

• 2012-11-20 12:38
  • uSN$

Haha. Now i fixed my wifi problem.

• 2012-11-20 12:04
  • t7Xi

xperiap said to be as scratch resistant glass, not true,!!!cause i only purchase my phone 2 weeks ago and I take good care of it and wet it has a scratch, how can I remove taht scratch!!!

• 2012-11-20 09:42
  • P@dH

Does it have gorilla glass screen ?

• 2012-11-20 07:21
  • MfxH
  • A not-so heavy user
  • Rating0

I never was a phone gamer (I had some gaming consoles for that), I only play on my phone when I'm bored and my ps3 is out of reach (ex. Im away from home, etc.). Most of my texts and calls are to my girlfriend. I only browse the web for maybe, youtube or some leisure research (my hobby) because I never was an active facebook or a twitter user. I also check my email on my laptop most of the time, so no mail synching for me. I listen to music when I go to work (around 1 hour), when I go home (an hour and a half maybe) and before I go to sleep (around 30 minutes). I may watch a movie or two every week on my phone.

So how long will the battery last for me guys?
-30 texts per day
-20 minutes of calls pe day
-30 minutes of gaming per day
-1.5 hours of web browsing per day
-3 hours of music per day
-an occasional movie or two per week

I am planning on buying this phone because the Xperia S and the Xperia TX are too big for me, and the size of the Xperia P is just right. My only concern is the battery life, but I am not really a heavy user. So would it last me a day guys? Or more? Thank you very much!

• 2012-11-20 06:43
  • 2AtF

I just bought sony xperia p and when I watching youtube with HQ mode the video is blur like already scale it make it can see pixel . How to no to scale the video or what setting .. pls help ty

• 2012-11-20 05:39
  • tVnu

> In reply to XFan @ 2012-11-19 11:33 from t4nb - click to readBtw, I got mine with Gingerbread and updated it myself. I faced a problem, like apps crashing, thats all and no wifi problems. I did a reset and everything is buttery smooth. If the price difference between GB and ICS out of the box is a lot then go get the GB and update it yourself. But if you rather save yourself *maybe* with potential problems like some people claim, then just get ICS out of the box.

• 2012-11-20 02:02
  • t7XH

> In reply to XFan @ 2012-11-19 11:33 from t4nb - click to readIt's really hard to give an exact figure regarding the battery life because everyone uses their phones differently everyday. Right now my phone has 57% left, been running for 10 hours and 24 minutes. I haven't used my phone much today, maybe a total of 30 - 45mins of browsing and gaming and it has stayed on standby a lot. Autosync is on for Gmail (received a couple of emails) and whatsapp (no messages). I love my Xperia P but the battery is terrible. I'm just at home most of the time so battery isn't that a problem cos I can charge it anytime. I lose about 8 - 10% in 6 hours (when I'm asleep, no special setting). I would imagine normal - heavy users would be frustrated with this phone. I used to charge this phone twice a day with heavy use.

• 2012-11-20 01:57
  • t7XH

Nic phn bt battery so poor performance hw to overcome it someone help me pls....

• 2012-11-19 13:51
  • U{EN
  • F

> In reply to Sri @ 2012-11-19 13:17 from MHxy - click to readi love my xperia P, except for this im facing now bout d battery problem. i have no issue with battery problem if it will serve me at least 10 hours of continues normal to heavy usage. i wish after I reset it with factory data and re update with SUS .. i dont have face any problem..
the display of the xeria p is superb compare to other galaxy even the note 2 my my classmate. he admit it :)

• 2012-11-19 13:44
  • t7Xr

> In reply to julee @ 2012-11-19 00:47 from t7Xi - click to readYes Sony Update Servie it is. Use that and you will not have any problems . Good luck.

• 2012-11-19 13:17
  • MHxy

> In reply to maxym @ 2012-11-19 12:19 from 0vS@ - click to readThanks for you answer mate. The bigger screen, more ram and jelly bean update makes turns in my favor over xperia u. Thanks for the help!!

• 2012-11-19 12:39
  • t4nb

> In reply to XFan @ 2012-11-19 11:33 from t4nb - click to readYou can expect one (normal use) to two days (occasional use) battery life. Of course if you use it intensively (especially at the beginning after purchase) expect to charge it twice a day (same as any other mid-range smartphone).

ICS is better option (longer battery life on stand-by) and only some users have difficulties with WiFi.

• 2012-11-19 12:19
  • 0vS@

good phone, but not in desain. monoton sony

• 2012-11-19 12:04
  • U}}x

I am thinking of buying this phone but I am wondering about battery problems. I am not a heavy user and hardly surf the net or play games for an hour a day. My current usage on my Nokia 603 lasts for 2-3 days. So will I experience much issues ? Is the non replaceable battery a major headache for 1-2 years Thanks for answering my questions. Also on the internet, the phone is available with gingerbread os but in stores in ics, it is costlier in stores so where should I buy it from, I've been hearing ics update messes up with wifi ? Thanks for answering my question. Cheers!

• 2012-11-19 11:33
  • t4nb

> In reply to bone @ 2012-11-18 12:12 from X}tP - click to readThe battery is 1305mAh. So by theory , the screen in Xperia P ib most likely to consume the battery. This is true , as i HAD one Xperia P. The battery depletes every minute. It was quite painful to see that. While outdoors, or even in the office also, it is a headache to maintain the battery life. Again, the battery cover is non-removable, making the case worse that you can't even keep a spare battery. But if you are happy with the external batteries available in today's market, then its your choice to buy Xperia P.

• 2012-11-19 07:15
  • vwdI
Total of 7140 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia P.