Sony Xperia P - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.6
7.5
7.3

So I've owned this phone for about 10 days or so. Bought it here in the UAE for Dhs 1200, which is about US$326. My previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy SL (GT-i9003). The main reason I went for the Sony was, honestly, looks. That, and my old phone drove me INSANE and I swore I'd never give Samsung another penny/fils/rupee.

The phone is beautiful. I got the red version, and it's stunning to look at and feel and use. The screen is gorgeous. Sony's version of Android OS is BEAUTIFUL--blows Samsung's and HTC's out of the water; it's simple and chic and understated and beautiful to look at and play with. Everything works smoothly and there are barely any noticeable lags. Basically, this would be the perfect mid-range phone.

I say "would be" because of one thing: battery life. It's the one thing everyone mentioned, and I knew about it when I went to buy the phone. I chose to ignore others' warnings, thinking they were overdramatizing it. They weren't

No phone should lose 40% of capacity overnight when it is not only idle, but with Sony's own POWERSAVER mode switched on. That's ridiculous. Yes, the screen uses up the battery when it's on, but how does one explain the 40% reduction overnight? I have the same apps I had on my old phone, so it can't be that.

I read somewhere in the opinions that the abysmal battery life was most likely software-related. I certainly hope it is, and I'm clinging to the hope that the forthcoming ICS upgrade will make life much better. Fingers crossed!

• 2012-08-05 21:18
  • 3YaM

I am facing some problem in Autorotation .On opening the pictures in gallery and rotatingg the screen then instead of rotating the picture on screen it takes me back to gallery.Similarly whenever i play a video and rotate the screen then instead of rotating the video its take me back to the gallery and the video is getting restarted.If anyone facing the same problem can update me if it a sofware problem or hardware.

• 2012-08-05 21:10
  • RBAx

hey i was planning to purchase this phone or the experia go,
i wannted to no about 2 thing.
1.how is the phone`s microphone??
2.overall how is this phone for basic functions with push mail?

• 2012-08-05 18:40
  • H4vi

which one is better s or p and what is white magic technology plz help

• 2012-08-05 18:37
  • N9@T

which one is better s or p and what is white magic technology

• 2012-08-05 18:16
  • fuNc

> In reply to Petya @ 2012-08-04 12:30 from gy2y - click to readSony Xperia P

• 2012-08-05 17:11
  • KIdI

guys today i wanted to update my mobile using pc companion.i bought the phone yesterday.during the update pc companion instructed me to disconnect the usb cable then connect it again holding the volume key down.i did so but nothing was happening they were showing same thing again and again.Any suggestion?Did i do anything wrong?

• 2012-08-05 15:26
  • K2Fh

• 2012-08-05 15:24
  • K2Fh

planning to buy this phone shortly, heard that it comes with McAfee security. is it ok to use McAfee or can we install any other security? which one is the best for xperia p? when will it get the ics update pls any xperia p user reply...

• 2012-08-05 13:50
  • rK3u

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-24 01:28 from BNMM - click to readHello just read your post re; charging new battery, so correct me if wrong, initial charge of 8-9 hours, dont use until charged then battery will be fine?

• 2012-08-05 13:49
  • pK9i

best phone

• 2012-08-05 13:08
  • P$uD

will this mobile survive for at least 3 years??? Can anyone tell me.

• 2012-08-05 09:41
  • vb$6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-08-03 14:21 from rJb% - click to readplz don't buy dis phone because its battery life is too weak,its having 1305 mah so it can give only 5 to 6 hrs of talktime on 2g n 4 hrs on 3g ,,
in comparison to samsung galaxy s advance dis phone not good n its price is also too high

• 2012-08-05 06:35
  • rJiw

Should i upgrade from my Nexus S to Xperia P..?? . Need suggestions.! thanks.!

• 2012-08-05 02:51
  • KIw1

> In reply to Petya @ 2012-08-04 12:30 from gy2y - click to readgo for xperia p you won't feel bad or disappointed! i was in the same confusion but when i saw a live demo i lost myself with the "White Magic Tech" of sony which you can't get with other phones.

• 2012-08-04 15:24
  • vIfn

Hello everyone,
Today when i connected my xp to computer, it popped on comp that software update is available.
Does this mean ICS is available in India? Is anyone from India updated their xp to ICS?
And the most important question, will ICS help improve the battery of this phone, or will it make matter from bad to worse?
Reply awaited

• 2012-08-04 13:47
  • fCP8

Sony Xperia P or Samsung I9100G Galaxy S II? Help me! :)

• 2012-08-04 12:30
  • gy2y

Released in Thailand not long ago and price going down already...14900 bahts to 12900 bahts now. I guess people don't buy it because no memory card and so small battery...Now same price as Samsung S Advance. Too bad that the price of S2 is not going down.

• 2012-08-04 09:40

• 7Xa$

usb on the go

• 2012-08-04 09:21
  • 7Xa$
Total of 6995 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia P.