Sony Xperia P - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.6
7.5
7.3

Best phone in applications, clear colours even BEST CAMERA.
BUT THIS PHONE ( Sony Xperia P).!!
Is bad No
Is worse ever in battery. You may charge even 4 times a day!!!!
I'm LOSTING MY MONEY.

• 2014-10-05 08:01
  • fuZN

Its a superb cell, specially camera result is outclass

• 2014-10-01 05:51
  • XMId

> In reply to kamran @ 2014-09-28 14:51 from nqde - click to readics=ice cream sandwich

• 2014-09-30 17:04
  • L2rQ

what is ics stands for???

• 2014-09-28 14:51
  • nqde

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-04 18:03 from fCx5 - click to readhow to install cm 11 in xperia p pls help......JB is so slow

• 2014-09-25 10:29
  • ut{F

> In reply to Usama Riaz @ 2014-09-22 11:57 from sR4B - click to readNo, a jelly bean software update is still available for this phone.

• 2014-09-23 03:22
  • PTGX

From my experience:use ICS to make your xperia p super smooth.I have tried GB as well as JB but JB is very slow and GB is out dated.No call log hanging problem in ICS.
AUTO ROTATION PROBLEM:
I also solved it by opening the phone and then tapping the gyro sensor IC a bit. After that auto rotate started working and no problem uptill now. I am now enjoying using xperia p.

• 2014-09-22 12:01
  • sR4B

AUTO ROTATION PROBLEM:

• 2014-09-22 11:57
  • sR4B

Hi Guys i am on the the xperia P users, I have been using this phone since last two years. Prominently the worst experience ever in my life check the list of the problems that i have faced using this phone:
1) The battery needs to be charged at least twice a day
2) When you answer the phone it takes about 10 secs for to connect whilst the other person on the line is enjoying your ringtone ridiculous
3) I have encountered a new problem now-a-days my phone wont switch on even if it is being charged for more than a day and.
4) it is so slow that you will be forced to uninstall the apps that you like the most
there are alot of problems in this phone
I feel so sad for myself and for all the xperia P users

• 2014-09-15 18:25
  • XNtq

Battery life sucks!!!

• 2014-09-14 17:17
  • sSK0

very slow.... :(

• 2014-09-13 20:09
  • K6ma

> In reply to aps0910 @ 2014-09-08 17:43 from 2@jE - click to readOf course, you will need to wipe data,cache after you install cm11,but you can backup your apps+data using titanium backup and restore them at any point. cm11 is great but not free without bugs.

• 2014-09-13 06:53
  • KFNE

> In reply to aps0910 @ 2014-09-08 17:43 from 2@jE - click to readof course, you need to wipe data,cache after the install cm11, but anyway you can backup all your apps+data using titanium backup. and you cab restore them at any time, but there are bugs,like I can't use MX player anymore.

• 2014-09-13 06:48
  • KFNE

Sony should launch high end version of this phone (Xperia P2).

Combine WhiteMagic Screen Technology and design of this phone with Power of Z2.

• 2014-09-11 11:17
  • 6Qgu

I have it for almost a year and it's been my worst experience.
I have loaded the most common apps (skype, viber, etc) but it is extremely slow. I cannot even receive calls. It rings, I slide my finger to answer but it still rings for 10-20 seconds. The other party listens my phone vibrating but I hear nothing. After 10-20 seconds I can speak. It is ridiculous.

On the other hand, the battery is a real joke. It doesn't last even for a single day.

Another amazing thing, its gps. It needs almost a minute to lock and its average error is around 20-30 meters. In other words it doesn't have a clue which quarter I am on.

Bottom line, if you need a feature phone buy a real feature phone (it will be fast, easy to use and its battery will last for enough days).
If you need a smartphone buy a real smartphone which can run your apps properly and its battery can last at least one day. It can server you as a phone too.

• 2014-09-10 14:31
  • S2AS

> In reply to Niloy94 @ 2014-09-08 12:28 from YW2V - click to readI just wanted to ask you that if I did install the rom CM11,
would i have to install each and every app that I have, once again?

• 2014-09-08 17:43
  • 2@jE

A piece of advice to everyone using this phone. Throw away the sony stock rom and install a custom rom. You will feel the difference once you use a custom rom. I'm currently using CM11 rom and its AWESOME. It is a lot smoother than the original stock rom.

• 2014-09-08 12:28
  • YW2V

I am enjoy my xperia very much much much,but I am facing the problem of chargng it everytime. And sometime even not using it but finding the charge drop down.. Wht should I do to resolve ths becouse it is boring

• 2014-09-07 16:53
  • fuZR

> In reply to nightwolf1 @ 2014-07-31 01:35 from fu{x - click to readI am facing the problem of charge, it is running down so fast,what should I do, advice please

• 2014-09-07 16:51
  • fuZR
Total of 7095 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia P.