Sony Xperia S - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.6
7.5
7.4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-02 15:03 from LKm% - click to readdude the phone is fine.. but the camera result is very poor... u should check for other phones....

• 2012-11-02 15:19
  • utjr

Help anyone,did sony resolve the problems and bugs when updating to ICS? I am about to get mine in a week,does it come ICS already on it?

• 2012-11-02 15:03
  • LKm%

After upgrading battery seemed better and after upgrading do a factory reset. so far i am enjoying this phone even though dual core i can play all the games my friends play with their S3 not to mention the HDMI connectivity and NFC tags. My friends are envy! :p

• 2012-11-02 12:13
  • Kg}9

Dont upgrade any android into higher version... You will be repent.....more problems it will come....

• 2012-11-02 11:29
  • iFnv

> In reply to MELSKI @ 2012-11-02 07:20 from g8XW - click to readHold the power and volume up rocker for some 10 to 15 seconds till it vibrates after release the buttons it will start normally.

• 2012-11-02 11:16
  • utb4

Wil d xperia neo get the venilla update like sxs?if u knw any thing in dis regard thn plz let me knw.i m in confussn betwen ion and s!help

• 2012-11-02 10:47
  • P%%v

...go ahead with xperia. hands down. its uber cool.
rich in features and classy.

• 2012-11-02 10:13
  • 0CnA

sony xperia s is the best fon off the world.

• 2012-11-02 09:17
  • 7Dm%

awesomeeeeeeee yarrrrrrrrr love dis phoneeeeeeeee

• 2012-11-02 08:54
  • K8Rj

i need help! does the SXS when upadted to ICS improves the battery life? thanks reply asap!

• 2012-11-02 07:44
  • tCQg

guys help!when i update my mobile and it's in the middle of process my phone suddenly off and i checked it and restart my phone and doesn't start anymore.i dont touch anything on my phone while on updating so wondeing why its happen now my phone is totally dead,so upset...anyone can help me i really appreciated...asap

• 2012-11-02 07:20
  • g8XW

• 2012-11-02 07:18
  • g8XW

Yes i can confirm that xperia S now comes with ICS pre installed.i just bought it a week back, and i must say it is really really good.the only problem i see is that the battery is inbuilt.

• 2012-11-02 06:44
  • ut}H

i had 0ne and so far so good....kinda help for upgrade to ics thanx...:)

• 2012-11-02 05:56
  • 04Vx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-31 23:40 from LKm% - click to readActually Xperia S's are also pre-installed with ICS in my country.

• 2012-11-02 04:37
  • 2AtF

> In reply to Sixteen @ 2012-11-01 20:30 from fsVb - click to readAre you sure???

• 2012-11-02 00:18
  • LKm%

Xperia S now comes with ICS pre-installed just lik SL.

• 2012-11-01 20:30
  • fsVb

is the xperia s ICS update does improve the battery performance? and does the xperia S and SL have the same price range?

please tell me! i am gonna buy one of those! im just aware of the sony xperia s's battery life.. thanks

• 2012-11-01 19:25
  • tCQg

> In reply to AAR @ 2012-11-01 05:02 from iA0D - click to readxperia s surely pal,
1st is its 12mp af cool cam
2nd is it was XPERIA

• 2012-11-01 19:03
  • PWDw

It is not the handset for a long-term use. I've had mine three months now, and I don't enjoy it. Three months, I've taken care of it, and plastic bits have broken, "scratch-resistant" screen is scratched, and flappy panels piss me off no end. Not to mention the firmware updates from Sony aren't always 100%, it doesn't come with ICS out-of-the-box, and rooting/jailbreaking and installing custom roms is effectively impossible for those without a billion backups on their PC. Oh, and apps WILL get lost in your app drawer. There's just too many icons that are all exactly the same. It's destroyed my faith in Android as a mobile OS, and since my faith in iOS is also in tatters, there's naught left but to go WP8.

So, after the shortest lifespan of any phone I've ever had, I'll be getting a Nokia Lumia 920 when they finally hit Aus.

The dual-core Snapdragon inside is not enough to feed the resource-devouring hungry beast that is Android, so if you were to choose any fairly modern 'Droid, go the SGS3. If you didn't want a 'Droid in particular, wait for the upcoming WP8 devices. And if you don't like the look of WP8, there's always the Apple iConform. Whoops, the iPhone...

• 2012-11-01 16:28
  • 2GnG
Total of 9550 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia S.