Sony Xperia S - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.5
7.5
7.4

Depending on what you look for in a smartphone. I would recommend this over the iphone5 and Samsung galaxy s3 if you are a photo fanatic as this phone boasts an integrated fast capture 12 megapixel HD camera, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, 3D sweep panorama, and image stabilization. It is also a lot cheaper in comparison as well. You can buy this phone outright for $485

• 2012-10-07 04:58
  • Bqv0

Glass is so not scratch-resistant.I have this phone for about 4 weeks and it already has one scratch on the screen,but Idk how.I kept my phone whole time in a casing and I'm really confused how it got that scratch.Even if there was some tiny object in casing,it shouldn't leave damage on the phone if the glass is really scratch-resistant.So,it's definitely not.

• 2012-10-06 20:08
  • JFkg

> In reply to cyberboy @ 2012-10-06 11:23 from Nr7f - click to readExcellent phone. Buy with eyes closed.

• 2012-10-06 19:38
  • vIYN

Can i install 10GB of applications and the remaining 22GB for files? or it is limited only to 2GB applications?

• 2012-10-06 18:14
  • KgZ1

Does anybody knows how to unlock the bootloader of orange uk xperia s.

• 2012-10-06 14:28
  • ut}B

> In reply to cyberboy @ 2012-10-06 11:23 from Nr7f - click to readThis phone is really awesome..go ahead n get it..ya battery is bit bad but still its common in all android phones..

• 2012-10-06 13:42
  • t}yC

> In reply to cyberboy @ 2012-10-06 11:23 from Nr7f - click to readabsolutely not....,
its working nicely sience 7 month .very fast,no speed issue

• 2012-10-06 12:15
  • K8T6

> In reply to Jahid @ 2012-10-06 10:00 from fxHc - click to readI've played HD games and they work perfectly on this device and specially when connected to 32 inches LCD tv through HDMI cable

• 2012-10-06 11:44
  • U@Q2

i was going to buy this phone but i heard lots and lots of negative opinions about very bad camera focus and freezing problems etc and everyone i know told me that all sony mobiles face problems . i wanted to know if you faced any of these problems ..
please answer fast thnks

• 2012-10-06 11:23
  • Nr7f

how about gaming??is it better for gaming??im planning 2 buy it nxt week.

• 2012-10-06 10:02
  • fxHc

How about gaming??is it better for gaming??im planning 2 buy it nxt week.

• 2012-10-06 10:00
  • fxHc

> In reply to Rakib @ 2012-10-05 18:53 from 2Cdt - click to readU can use antivirous after brosing.moin

• 2012-10-06 08:41
  • uZa{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-05 23:27 from uvsK - click to readno have video calling

• 2012-10-06 08:36
  • ibg7

> In reply to moon @ 2012-10-06 08:29 from uZa{ - click to readI am jannat moeen from kohat.sony is a xcelant tecnology in the word...

• 2012-10-06 08:35
  • uZa{

> In reply to tushar0409 @ 2012-10-06 08:04 from t}Yx - click to readSony xperia s is the best phone like 12mp camra 1080p video. Duol cor I am big lower off xperia s..

• 2012-10-06 08:29
  • uZa{

I've been using this phone since last five months and I would like to share my experience :)

I used xperia arc for 10 months and i sold it to buy xperia s (white)....the camera of xperia arc was much better than the camera of xperia s as the pictures clicked from xperia s are too noisy in low light...I love clicking pictures but I am very much disappointed with the camera :/

Many people complained about the battery life but according to me the battery life is good...when I bought it, about 20% battery drained out in 10 hours in stand by mode but now after updating to ICS and the latest build number, only 4-5% battery drains out in 10 hours in stand by mode.... so if anyone wants to buy xperia s and is worried about the battery life, I would suggest that person to buy this phone and update it to the latest firmware.

The 3 capacitive buttons are also responsive.... its just that you have to slide your finger over them instead of just touching.

My overall experience has been amazing with this device.. people suggested me to either buy s2 or one x but I bought xperia s and I never regret my decision because s2 was already an year old and according to me buying a phone with quad core processor is just a waste of money... I'm totally satisfied with dual core processor and 1 GB RAM.... there is no use in buying phones and phablets having quad-core processors and 2GB of RAM....I've even used s3 and one x but I noticed that their battery drained out much faster than the xperia s and in term of looks also it is the best as most of my friends usually just keep looking at it and they are very much impressed by the white colour and therefore I am proud to be the owner of this smartestphone :)
So my verdict is go and buy it ASAP :D

• 2012-10-06 08:04
  • t}Yx

guys my sony xperia s does not playing motion gaming after updated to ics ..so what should I do.plz tell me

• 2012-10-06 06:45
  • U$0}

> In reply to redX @ 2012-10-01 08:29 from w46L - click to readtry checking you camera settings. See whether its in the normal mode

• 2012-10-06 05:07
  • X}tP

It don't have memory card slot.

• 2012-10-06 05:04
  • t1$E

> In reply to Black Phoney Dude @ 2012-10-03 14:58 from ut12 - click to readBut am using bsnl 3G... What connection you have..n is your internet faster..plzz help

• 2012-10-05 23:27
  • uvsK
Total of 9527 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia S.