Sony Xperia S - user opinions and reviews

18203051

7.6
7.5
7.4

Will Sony release software update for Xperia S? Android 4.4.something?
I see that other models from year 2012 like the Xperia TX actually do support newer versions than 4.1.2...

• 2014-07-24 13:26
  • Mxr2

> In reply to Abhishek @ 2014-07-14 05:29 from PB8i - click to readU need to change sim card. I had same problem and changed sim card and problem solved

• 2014-07-23 07:47
  • u7L{

i have expeia s i have a question if i conect my experia s with my leptop they show me just internal storage or pone storage ? coz when i connect my expeia s with my leptop its show just internal memry whts the procedure to see phone memry and internal memry on pc

• 2014-07-19 00:43
  • 6P$k

how can i block my sonny xperia s phone because it have been missing

• 2014-07-17 14:55
  • N9Ny

> In reply to Abhishek @ 2014-07-14 05:29 from PB8i - click to readpls try unlocking the phone or google search how to unlock sony xperia but before unlocking reflash your os

• 2014-07-17 13:35
  • fmK0

battery can cause it and also try to do a clean installation of your os after doing the clean installation of your os if symthopms pesist then its battery problem.....mail me @ chimex4ever1@yahoo.com

• 2014-07-17 13:33
  • fmK0

Hi, I have Xperia S and teh strange thing sstarted hapening to it when it got shut down by itself. Now my Airtel sim card is not getting detected in it where as all the sim card of other person my cellphone is able to detect. Alsomy sim card, I am able to use it on otehr handsets but my simcard in my mobile, I am not able to use. Its very strange that all the Airtel simcard can be used in my mobile but when I insert my sim card then it is not working. Please suggest.

• 2014-07-14 05:29
  • PB8i

I want to ask what is the main reason why my sony xperia s is always turns off by itself? I dont know if its only because of virus.or something but i am very that its not because of the battery because i always charge my phone and i never let it becomes so drained, please answere my problem i am starting to like sony phones but it suddenly happened.

• 2014-07-12 19:44
  • vaP4

avoid using stupid chargers because voltage drop matters' here a usb charger should drop maximum of 5v anything lesser casues damage to the device gradually

• 2014-07-10 13:28
  • fmK0

> In reply to rj @ 2014-06-01 19:27 from u7K{ - click to readmy bro pls reinstall your os that's an os problem not hardware

• 2014-07-10 13:24
  • fmK0

xperia s is one of the strongest smartphones from sony and amongst all android phone,
my reasons are
when your battery is fully charge I noticed that the phone prevents the phone from excessive charge those of you who likes Samsung phones their phones doesn't have this ability the maximum a Samsung battery can last is 1yr after that then you start having battery issues.
2. xperia s is drop test is awesome
3. when you notice lag in your xperia s pls I advice that you avoid OTA updates from google play and set it to manual
4. try root your xperia s and install greenify.apk, greenify(donation package), xpose module, frame work.
for rooting goto xda developers
5. The HD is awesome apart from the sony bravia engine that's enhances pics, to edit your pics try installing picsay pro.apk

NB if you are a heavy user and you start noticing lag everytime I advice you wipe the phone because data clache, thumbnails etc needs to be delected.but don't forget to backup important apps, contacts
have been using mine for a year+3 months its awesome

• 2014-07-10 13:18
  • fmK0

hey guys i want to buy sony xperia s is this good smartphone i mean does it has any problem with speed or batter timing or anyother problem plz tell me.

• 2014-07-09 11:03
  • 6Qf$

> In reply to jyuden @ 2014-07-06 20:16 from IWcE - click to readSony is really the best

• 2014-07-08 21:34
  • NvDx

The best smartphone that i have ever had others are trash

• 2014-07-08 08:42
  • aqrD

• 2014-07-07 23:31
  • jkHV

> In reply to Wolfie @ 2014-07-07 16:43 from HK@8 - click to readTry HTC ONE, you'll like it. I have no complain about it, and is faster then this one and so is faster then this POS I-phones.

• 2014-07-07 23:27
  • jkHV

Had this phone over a year and really want to change it. Freezes every so often and the battery is useless. I can't get 20 hours standby with it. One time it was dead after just 5 hours with it being in standby mode most the time.

• 2014-07-07 16:43
  • HK@8

i've been using this xperia s since august 2012, my first paycheck on my first permanent job, and i should say, its the most solid smartphone i've ever used. although it happen to be freezed sometimes, just a reboot would be fine and the hardware durability really amazed me, the screen, sound quality, button, is still as good as new. im using android 4.1.2 jelly bean, and really enjoy using it.

as for charging time, it only need around 2hours from 20% or below to be fully charged, and oh, im using another charger, Samsung Note 2 charger, the one with 2.0Amp charging current, i didnt use the stock charger because it is slower than the note 2's. the battery's also fine until now, no damaged, no swelling and such. as far as i know, Sony did it well for the battery not to overcharge when the battery is overheat or the temperature is quite high. that is why i never had any problem with the stock battery until now, 2years..

another job well done for Sony Smartphone, even though they are quite slow for the new model implementation compared to Samsung, Sony's smartphone are really solid and well made to be used for long time.

• 2014-07-06 20:16
  • IWcE

pls upgrade to kitkat

• 2014-07-04 08:02
  • uuqn
  • F

Was using this phone for past one year. Recently would hang while making a call or would be slow. Just reset the phone and was fine, only to know that now my phone only works on 3g network. It does not work on 2g, says unable to connect to network. Only 3g SIM card with 3g network coverage areas the phone works. Can any one help. Tried all stuff. Gsm mode ~ does not register at all. PleaSe help. Really good phone though.

• 2014-06-29 14:09
  • utKA
Total of 9542 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia S.