Sony Xperia S - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.6
7.5
7.4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-23 16:38 from Y1TG - click to readBeing no SD card is not a problem. Look at Apple iPhone, ever since iPhone does not have SD card but Apple was very, very successful and iPhone is No. 1. I don't think Apple will put an SD card to their iPhones ever because reading a data directly to the internal memory is far faster than reading the SD card. I use both iPhone 4S and Sony Xperia S and both does not have SD card slot but I don't find any problem but I love most my SXS because of its 4.3" HD screen and higher ppi (pixel per inch density) than iPhone 4S.

• 2012-04-24 12:15
  • SY0n

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-23 19:48 from ThI{ - click to readHOLY S''T if this is real i will definetly buy.

• 2012-04-24 10:42
  • iwpE

Oh my god.. such a lovely phone... looks and style is awesome... i am having own one now... superrrrrrr clarityyyyyyyyyyyy.... chancelesss .. awesome..........

• 2012-04-24 10:10
  • t}yr

I've been using Sony Xperia S for nearly a month now and I would say it's the best phone I ever had for a long, long time. Design is gorgeous really gorgeous especially its uncomparable HD screen. No lag at all, UI is beautiful and soooooo smooth thanks to its blazingly fast 1.5GHz dual-core processor. Until now I've not experienced a single issue with my SXS. Those people who said the design is not good, they just jealous because they don't have it. All smartphones manufacturers, only Sony (or SE) has the best or sexiest design. Sony really simply the BEST!!!!

• 2012-04-24 07:40

I am from India,
Force close problem for default applications
Any one to know for this issue

• 2012-04-24 06:48
  • rA6h

> In reply to cplover23 @ 2012-04-24 05:24 from v0qM - click to readEverybody do not have the same taste! I think Xperia S looks really ugly with too much wasted space under/below the "antenna" and it have to sharp uncomfortable corners, and I do not understand why it has a removable backcover when the the battery is not possible to replace and it does not even have any sd-card-slot and only a small micro-sim, and no scratch-resistant Gorilla glass but needs a screen-protector!

• 2012-04-24 06:31
  • 0Tsy

htc one x is a horrible device i used it for 4 days ,got rid of it back to sony now and s is awesome apart from battery life

• 2012-04-24 05:34
  • vI9C

Alot of reviews about this say that it DOES'NT' LOOK CHEAP how come others are bashing this'
Dont fool others this is even better than htc one x's quadcore as sxs beat it on some browser and camera test.
Best one so far'

• 2012-04-24 05:24
  • v0qM

> In reply to andi @ 2012-04-17 12:24 from SY0n - click to readHey Mr.Andi, even i'm in KSA now, i'm really looking forward to this phone.
Have read a lot of reviews, i'm okay with whatever disadvantages people comment of becoz i like the phone, as it will be my first android, main question.
Does it have the Play store in it, and if yes, can we make the purchases through some purchasing cards or how is it done?

• 2012-04-23 23:22
  • Lb1u

> In reply to [deleted post]No need to get nasty. He said SD not SIM. I think you've been confused.

• 2012-04-23 22:21
  • 6P%4

seen it in a shop, not impressed at all with the construction, plastic seems cheap and the edges around transparent bar and the rest of the case seem really amateurishly made. for this price tag, sory sony, but no thanks. even s2 looks less cheaply made

• 2012-04-23 21:55
  • 3IUe

Xperia Sakura LT46i

-720x1280 4.5" LED-backlit BrLCD Technology

-16.1 MP 1080p @ 60fps

-Android 4.0.0/5.0.0

-APQ8064 S4 Processor

i can't hold on to this info anymore
it is currently on test in japan
i'll post the actual pictures of the unit as soon as my friend captures it
the specs is not final, it might be more higher
the device will be announce sometime in june 2012, i don't know the specific day
i assure you, this is true

• 2012-04-23 19:48
  • ThI{

problem w/ this phone luck of micro sd slot.

• 2012-04-23 16:38
  • Y1TG

Just to clear some doubts regarding the battery.
It is rather lousy BUT:
I've just finshed AnTuTu Test and it scored 471 which is:
way below Moto Xoom, a hair below HTC Incredible S but
a hair ABOVE Samsung Glaxy SL, considerably above SG S2 and way above HTC HD2.

So, compared to other phones it is better than I expected, but it is LESS than I'd liked it to be... :(

• 2012-04-23 16:19
  • 6P{x

> In reply to abcd @ 2012-04-23 05:18 from utVh - click to readBy the time 4G is introduced this model will be gone overtaken by more recent phones. So when buying a gadget we look into 1 year ahea,not more.

• 2012-04-23 15:15
  • 0Vhb

> In reply to gulan @ 2012-04-22 04:54 from uvw6 - click to readBetween the phones that you mentioned, I would surely recommend Sony Xperia S... But, if you want a device that is different from any other, you should go for the N9, unless you're an apps freak...

• 2012-04-23 15:03
  • 0TFK

Is it really advisable to install "task killer" app to kill those apps running on the background? What are the advantages or disadvantages, if any!

• 2012-04-23 13:39
  • SY0n

hey guz tdy i bought this phn. why it s takng so much time for first chrg. is it normal??

• 2012-04-23 12:34
  • t1$I

I am from Macau. I've been using the XPS for more than a month. Turn your phone's network setting to WCDMA only and turn off Bravia engine when not viewing video or photo, it wil save a lot of battery power.

• 2012-04-23 10:37
  • vCkk

I am from Macau and have been using XPS for over a month. If you choose edema only on the network menu and deactivate Bravia engine you will save a lot of battery power.

• 2012-04-23 10:32
  • vCkk
Total of 9581 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia S.