Sony Xperia S - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.6
7.5
7.4

> In reply to keenken @ 2012-04-19 07:57 from qb1S - click to readHappened to me only once, just turn the device off and on again

• 2012-04-19 16:44
  • 3iJu

i dont understand wch phne will be better 2 buy... motorola razr or dis 1...????? somebdy plz giv some advice 2 me... as soon as possible...plz..thnx

• 2012-04-19 16:25
  • H4tA

Is this phone available in US ???

• 2012-04-19 16:22
  • vGtE

> In reply to keenken @ 2012-04-19 07:57 from qb1S - click to readGo to call settings on your handset. You can adjust the setting to suit you any way you like. The in-call Volume can be increased simply by using the Volume switch on the Right-Hand side of the phone. Hope this helps you.

• 2012-04-19 16:18
  • mE0V

> In reply to rohanroy @ 2012-04-19 13:46 from ut1B - click to readDude just bought this phone nd it has a horrible battery lihe it barely survives 11 hts even on moderate use.......

• 2012-04-19 15:48
  • vGxT

I have a very important question and I dont seem to find a solution..
Many of my apps run in the background even after using "TASK KILLERS" and they shutdown the apps, after a while when I check what apps are running I see the same app again and again! This just means that task killers are useless my RAM is always ALMOST Full! Please help? :(

• 2012-04-19 15:11
  • pVPV

howz the battery life of this mobile. and when would IC 4.0 be updated for this mobile :D

• 2012-04-19 13:46
  • ut1B

howz d battery life of this mobile. and when would IC 4.0 be updated for this phone :D

• 2012-04-19 13:42
  • ut1B

> In reply to just in @ 2012-04-18 21:25 from rKa% - click to readno sms center number in Android mob so reset u mob go to settings privacy then rest

• 2012-04-19 13:26
  • vGrX

which is better xperia s or galaxy s2. Totally confused plz help...

• 2012-04-19 12:26
  • v{PK

the battery is soo very POOR ... :((

• 2012-04-19 11:39
  • pFjB

one of the supper phone in

• 2012-04-19 09:32
  • vGtw

Please let me know your experience for internet speed on this mobile because i am going to buy this mobile.
Is this right choice?

• 2012-04-19 09:21
  • wdQR

is it just me or is the in call volume limited to 1/3 of the maximum? When I'm on a call and no matter how many times I pressed the volume up button, it is limited to 1/3.

Also when hold the phone in my palm (with ring volume on), it changes to silent mode (when my hand comes close to the side volume button). Is this normal?

Please help

• 2012-04-19 07:57
  • qb1S

> In reply to Terminator @ 2012-04-19 02:37 from whw6 - click to readIn samsung, there is no difference between low end and high end phones.Everything will be same in look or operating.

But Sony is not like that . It will shows the difference.Which samsung guys has to know.

Samsung guys dont know how to use high end smart phones like xperia s

• 2012-04-19 07:54
  • AD}%

Hello everyone,

I bought this phone on 10th April. So it has been more than a week I have been using it. Following is my review (completely non-bias)

Battery : The major concern for many XPS users is the insufficient battery backup. I faced the same till my phone was on firmware 6.0.A.3.62. I updated my phone to 6.0.A.3.73 and there is a huge improvement. Infact, I would say, battery backup is near to perfect. My Xperia Arc used to back me up for 1.5 days with 3G/WiFi and 2.5 days without 3G/WiFi. My updated Xperia S now performs almost the same. 1.5 days with 3G/WiFi and 2 days without 3G/WiFi. So, all the users out there, pls wait for the 73 firmware to be available in your country. Keep your screen brightness less than 50%. I use it with 40% brightness, still its more than enough for office/home usage. Charge your battery from 0 to 100 for the first five charges. You will see the difference. Also, ICS may improve things even more.

Built Quality : The plastic used in this phone is premium. Handling the phone makes you feel as if you have an expensive device in your palms. Although the aluminum body on the upcoming Xperia P would be a better choice, but this is no less. Excellent built quality with an “out–of–the–box” design. The capacitive buttons will take a few hours (not days) to get used to. I don’t miss ANY hit now. It is definitely responsive.

Display : Amazing. Crisp, sharp, nice punchy colors, not oversaturated like AmoLED. I use this display with less than 50% brightness and still the screen is very punchy but pleasing. Regarding the YELLOW tinge issue, I was lucky enough to receive a perfect product. I played games for a long time, deliberately, to overheat the phone. No yellow stuff. I am happy and hope for the same for all users.

Audio : Sony can’t go wrong here. I heard a review saying that the earphones provided are crappy. NOT TRUE. The earphones are good quality and provide very nice bass n higher frequencies as well. With the custom equalizer settings, you can have punchy deep bass music or pleasant low bass music as per your preference. Loud speaker is also crisp and decently loud. Call quality is pin sharp. No issues in Audio department.

Camera : In par with Nokia N-8 and Sony Ericsson Satio. Images have huge amount of detail. Colors produced are decently saturated. Only thing I find missing is XENON flash, but I guess its too much to ask for.

Video : Can’t say much in this dept. Captured only 1 video as of now. Seemed pretty sharp but while capturing, I somehow couldn’t keep my hand steady. So can’t comment much here.

Storage : 32 GB inbuilt is more than you need. I can say that bcoz I am myself a geek. I store lot of images and movies in my tablet and phone. Expandable memory card could have been a plus point but onboard 32GB is not less. I have five 720p HD movies and a lot of Trance music (Trance songs usually weigh more than 10MB) and my recent craze for photography in my phone right now. Still have around 3GB remaining. Internal memory for apps is almost 2GB, which is LOT more than needed. As I said, I myself am a geek and have many many apps installed.

This is ONE GOOD product and I am ONE HAPPY customer.

Thanks a lot Sony.

• 2012-04-19 07:43
  • vG9n

> In reply to Terminator @ 2012-04-19 02:37 from whw6 - click to readYeah You're Right...im Even Can't update my Xperia Neo With That Damn PC Companion, Can't Via OTA Too, & My Phone Not Root Still Original....

• 2012-04-19 07:31
  • y$fe

does the phone supports document editor????thx

• 2012-04-19 06:37
  • PDQg

bought the Xperia s since last week. excellent built and screen and camera. The interface is way better than Samsung it so easy to use and remove app. Just like IOS. unlike Samsung so complicated delete an app have to search through many setting. XPERIA S have many design case which is available in iPhone wooooo now i can case for my Xperia S

• 2012-04-19 06:06
  • KxwV

> In reply to just in @ 2012-04-18 21:25 from rKa% - click to readGo to dial pad then enter *#*#4636#*#* you'll get pop up menu > then Phone information > then you can find out the message center no finally press refresh.................

• 2012-04-19 05:13
  • w4hy
Total of 9543 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia S.