Sony Xperia S - user opinions and reviews

Sony

Popularity

Daily interest
6.9%
Total hits:
18021793

Voting results

Design
7.5
Features
7.5
Performance
7.4
Votes:
1030

Sort by:

> In reply to kokey @ 2012-03-15 15:26 from sxs$ - click to readYou are right about that.

Samsung fan boys getting worser than Apple fan boys.
What a bunch of kiddo's they are.

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-16 01:03
  • mG@@
  • R

> In reply to [deleted post]internal 32Gb plus the Box app is giving u extra 50Gb cloud storage and u r complaining about no sd card?!.. btw sd cards slow down any phone &. that's why iPhone not using sd cards & ppl r not complaining about it?!!! we r talkin about the future here the cloud storage which u can acess whenever & wherever u r.

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-16 01:02
  • fq2F
  • R

sorry: microSD card slot!

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-16 00:55
  • mJjG
  • U

for all who are saying that the xperia s is bad or Samsung or htc is better....did u put ur hands on the xperia s &the other phone u r comparing with???! I own the xperia s & one of my friends got the gsll & other friend got the g note. comparing the speed XS isn't slow at ALL But it was faster than the gsll in many things like installing or shooting or data transfer by all it ways. not only that...XS design is really beautiful & different than any other smartphone out there. Samsung has the same shape for years without even trying to make a change. the screen resolution cannot be compared to any other screen we r talkin about 720x1280p 342 ppi which is obviously sharper & widely clearer than gsll 4 example. conserving the specs..so all benchmar tests giving the 1st place to XS even over the g nexus. Sony has made a dualcore phone which beats every othet dual core out there cuz it got the best of out of the dualcore processor unlike the other phones & the comparison videos there r plenty of them on the youtube & all r saying & proving that XS isn't just an another smartphone on market with Sony label No it isn't. Sony has made the best smartphone phone till now. & the prove is that it's for a month #1 in GSM arena by rating even after the MWC announcements for new phones. if it's not the best for u so at least u have to accept the fact that it is.

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-16 00:53
  • fq2F
  • H

> In reply to rma @ 2012-03-15 17:30 from tdsB - click to readwhen u get the xperia s u'll have app called Box. it gives u the 50G cloud storage for free

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-16 00:26
  • fq2F
  • R

hi guys iam using sii & xperia s both but personally i tel u sony is the best as sii reason ist lcd is hd 2nd speed is very fast i sugest dont hesitat to purchase sony

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-15 22:05
  • KIh{
  • U

> In reply to [deleted post]Sony is better than samsung and other manufactures! samsung is only better in mobile display but the rest Sony is best

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-15 21:54
  • 3JKQ
  • R

> In reply to Wind @ 2012-03-15 21:02 from p@BC - click to readWOW 3% faster are you happy about it?

Wait a minut, the Mali and the Adreno are different type of GPU dude, you can''t compare it the most sai that the Adreno 220 is more powerfull.

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-15 21:18
  • mG@@
  • R

> In reply to sony is best @ 2012-03-15 03:55 from iwpJ - click to readIt's not all about CPU speed, you know. Galaxy S2 has less pixels on the screen and its Mali-400MP GPU is 3% more powerful than Adreno 220, so it's still faster. Plus, it has more memory (16GB of internal storage + microSD up to 32GB) and supports standard SIM, not stupid microSIM. If you're looking for a phone better than Galaxy S2, check out LG Optimus 4X.

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-15 21:02
  • p@BC
  • R

> In reply to andi @ 2012-03-15 16:04 from 0BRI - click to readTime is always changebale.if one phone has been come ,it will be beaten by nextone phone .if you say XPERIA S better than s2 then it takes one year to come this position.and i am sure about xs that it dont maintain its position like s2 and will beaten by someone very soon...sorry for english.

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-15 20:30
  • U@9H
  • R

> In reply to TMach @ 2012-03-14 20:23 from SgvH - click to readhow do you get the 50G cloud storage?

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-15 17:30
  • tdsB
  • R

> In reply to andytherocker @ 2012-03-15 11:13 from t}cW - click to readExynos is overall better than Snapdragon. 1.5 GHz Scorpion is inferior than the ARM Cortex-A9 at 1.2 GHz. And the XPERIA Play uses the Adreno 205, not the 220.

As for the GPU, the ARM Mali-400 has an advantage because it's a dual core GPU and gaming benchmarks for the ARM Mali are impressive.

Not bashing the Xperia S (still an impressive phone).

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-15 17:18
  • IV{P
  • R

> In reply to The man @ 2012-03-15 12:30 from JxSk - click to readDo u own sony?there are so many manufacturing company out there producing diff brand of phones one phone will certainly beat one so is the new sony flog Samsung s11 u are like the son of a farmer who say his father's farm is the biggest in the world but he had not see my father's own so keep ur mouth shut i know sony material and use them and i use samsung too is better u dont go into what u don't know sony well done. Samsung try latter u can beat sony but this sony is king.

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-15 16:45
  • N9@S
  • R

> In reply to apple 'o' holic @ 2012-03-15 16:26 from 3J7% - click to readThat is sony logo sony bought Ericsson sony can decide not to change the logo so that is not a problem everything is sony property please case rest

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-15 16:33
  • N9@S
  • R

heres a good question. if sony ericsson as a company anymore. and sony are making there own phones.

why on earth would put an ericsson logo at the bottom of the phone at the back. bit stupid that.

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-15 16:26
  • 3J7%
  • U

To all lovers of smartphone sony is num 1 forget how many phone are out there try them out see them touch, and operate them u will see sony outpace them in all area. Sony use experience to beat them all as a matter of fact i give them 9/10 because u can't satisfy human being i should have give them 10 well done sony . Others are doing well too but let give kudos to all ofthem . Lion is the king in the bush so is the sony in sound quality well done sony

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-15 16:25
  • N9@S
  • U

> In reply to The man @ 2012-03-15 12:30 from JxSk - click to readThat is your opinion but in reality SONY Xperia S is still far better in almost all areas than S2 and that's a fact.

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-15 16:04
  • 0BRI
  • Q

Hi Guys i wonder if you can help me i get my upgrade in may and was thinking of getting sony xperia S is it really good also whats the camera like?

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-15 16:01
  • H5MW
  • R

Some samsung fanboys are down voting this phone because of insecurity!common be fair!before it is 9.0 overallrating but now its already 8.8..even arc s can match your sgs2 on performance in real life but not in specs sheet!whats the use of having samoled+ if it is not giving the REAL colors..

  • Reply
  • 2012-03-15 15:26
  • sxs$
  • U
Sort by:
Total of 9531 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia S.