Sony Xperia SL - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.2
7.2
7.1

I have this phone. For gaming, it consumes my battery quickly. Lags a lot, it made the internal memory useless no matter how big it is (32g) because most of the downloads go straight to the 1.5g phone memory yet some are non transferable to internal memory.

The problem with most sony phones is the frequent lagging. I have friends who used sony phones in the past and had this same regrettable experience with them. Apparently they transferred to samsung and iphone. I'll prolly do the same thing soon.

This phone has amazing specs on paper and affordability in contrast to its head to head competitors but when you use it you encounter too many problems that would really have you regretting ever choosing a sony phone. Buy at your own risk.

• 2014-09-01 01:04
  • t7Je

its is good phone but battery backup is not nice.since i am using past 2 years.performance is still remain same.on using net is battery will complete very quickly.i think company should change the battery capacity.

• 2014-08-31 09:41
  • i4dM

It is written that the storage is 32 gb but why I checked it is not enough 32 gb?

• 2014-08-25 16:17
  • wHSc

> In reply to Maximum Battery Life @ 2014-08-17 20:38 from f}%M - click to readDS Battery Saver is better.

• 2014-08-23 10:25
  • t7y$
  • Maximum Battery Life
  • Rating0

> In reply to bloom @ 2013-11-18 16:57 from RpLj - click to readfirst my english is terrible so sorry!
my battery last 5 days if I only use it for call and 6 days if leave it be.
2 days if I play game.
How to make that happend:

- Buy Juice Ultimate Defender (save battery 75%)
- deep sleep

• 2014-08-17 20:38
  • f}%M

Got something to say about this phone. After 2 years of using it, it still works fine for me. All I do to make SL work is to configure it like flash roms or use mods. I'm currently using Honami Style v4 and Im running on doomlord kernel. I use xposed installer for the mods. And I also overclocked the CPU to make it faster. Im playing Gangstar Vegas and got no probs sure it lags sometimes but what to expect its a old phone.

• 2014-08-17 10:11
  • t7y$

> In reply to nathan. @ 2013-08-20 13:40 from Qxpm - click to readsony xperia sl the great phone bcs music is so good super clarity ,htc phone have best music system but a when we r taking about clarity i think sony is the best
sl have no problem for gaming like real racing 3 but other phone like sgs3 u know the s3 is hanging well while playing like games and music proiblem
i have sgs3 and i want to sell my sgs3 phone and i want to buy sony xperia sl

• 2014-08-16 18:13
  • rAfG

the phone hangs often since the time I have brought it. Same with a friend having SL. Other features are very good. Camera is too good.

• 2014-08-16 10:17
  • 2@ts

While using internet n my mobile battery backup z vry poor plzzz help me hw to improve my phne bttry bck up....

• 2014-08-12 13:40
  • updB

> In reply to Dale @ 2014-07-31 14:48 from w0Pt - click to readdont buy it

• 2014-08-11 21:10
  • ITnb

the best phone i ever had,,since i knew that i don't need to read or watch every review even spec based on the board,,,i just want to tell you my experience using this phone,,it was good anyway. Out of my expectation,,,! And the back light at bottom looks sparkling,,,bling bling cling cling

• 2014-08-09 15:17
  • tA$N

> In reply to itrey @ 2014-07-08 05:46 from 4Gfi - click to readHad this same problem before! all you have to do is go to the sony xperia website and download the software for you to upgrade to OS! Use google please being resourceful is the key

• 2014-08-06 12:07
  • 9Lbd

This is the best phone I used, it is very fast and the 32 GBs gives you the ability to download whatever comes to your mind moreover, the 12 mp camera works really fantastic,it's touch screen is one of the best I saw. I advice you guys to use it.

• 2014-08-04 12:58
  • 0ZUe

Don't bring this phone

• 2014-08-01 11:14
  • iwpx

I am planning to buy an experia XL? after i read the opinions from you guys, i dont know what to do.. Should i buy one or not?

• 2014-07-31 14:48
  • w0Pt

My sl does not support Google play services and play store. Pls anyone who can help

• 2014-07-27 16:14
  • Nw8B

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-21 15:40 from utkk - click to readI faced the same problem

• 2014-07-26 05:16
  • P$n@

can i update android in this phone.

• 2014-07-26 05:15
  • P$n@

> In reply to itrey @ 2014-07-08 05:46 from 4Gfi - click to readI am also facing the same problem...

When I run ANTUTU Benchmark or CPU-Z app on my
Xperia SL, Total RAM shows only ~670-680 MB.

I seriously doubt that the phone comes with just 756MB RAM whereas the specifications mention 1GB.
Sony is giving either wrong or incomplete information to mislead the buyers...!!!

That might be the way SONY selected to boost up sales of Xperia Mobiles, rather than considering better handsets with good hardware n features...!

• 2014-07-25 13:11
  • Mf5A
Total of 2615 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia SL.