Sony Xperia SL - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.2
7.2
7.1

Hey guys.. I am goin to buy my 1st smartphne ever. I only go for either sony or samsung. I can get samsung s3 for just rs.22000 indian money from dubai. But sony with this spec the price will be high. Can u guyz suggest me should i go for s3 or any other.

• 2013-04-21 20:52
  • bJix

> In reply to Sri @ 2013-04-19 07:02 from NG%1 - click to readHow did u knw it ll get key lime pie..

• 2013-04-21 17:48
  • rKd1

Can any one tell me about the camera quality of this phone at night ?

• 2013-04-21 09:34
  • fCIR

Just a quick update to say we hear you re: JB 4.1 for Xperia P & Go, (S, SL, acro S and ion). Work's in v. final stage - more news next week

• 2013-04-20 18:06
  • nTRa

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr­rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr­rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,i can bear it, sl's jelly bean update, where are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2013-04-20 15:04
  • RJh9

finally ! JB will be release soon ..

• 2013-04-20 14:21
  • KZ8B

> In reply to Sri @ 2013-04-19 07:02 from NG%1 - click to readHow to off the LED bar.

• 2013-04-20 13:27
  • uuJE

The battery is not a problem with me my brightness is high enough for me and I play games like 4-5 hours day my battery lasts for 1.5-2 days.I also have 100+ games.

• 2013-04-20 10:05

and Xperia SL Operating System v4.0.4
XPERIA SL is Good

• 2013-04-19 17:21
  • mIfV

> In reply to pxlali @ 2013-04-19 15:52 from fuIi - click to readFirst Install AirDroid app from Market than go to web.airdroid.com, open airdroid app on your Mobile and Scan Q.R code showing in the web page and you will connected without any P.c companion.

• 2013-04-19 17:13
  • mIfV

What will be better to buy, Sony Xperia S or SL?
Specification is all most same that's why I'm confused.... Plz suggest me...

• 2013-04-19 16:01
  • K2Fk

how do you connect your xperia sl to your pc without the pc companion cuz it heal using the companion any idea.

• 2013-04-19 15:52
  • fuIi

> In reply to tashi @ 2013-04-18 09:37 from PAY2 - click to readHope so..
in flipkart it's not available
better go for ION @21K

• 2013-04-19 14:36
  • KhhY

> In reply to akihabara @ 2013-04-18 17:06 from KiZJ - click to readcall 911 for JB lost for xperia SL :P

• 2013-04-19 12:50
  • Ki0V

> In reply to Sri @ 2013-04-19 07:02 from NG%1 - click to readi am intrested in buying this phone but note sure to go with ....

• 2013-04-19 12:32
  • utt@

battery!!! Battery!!!

• 2013-04-19 12:23
  • Ia7a

i have heard that on JB update, the phone is lagging too much.. is it true..??

• 2013-04-19 10:13
  • H4u1

I love my Xperia SL I haven't experienced any lags but if you do just re-install the software in pc. But I heard jelly bean upadte to roll out on May.

• 2013-04-19 07:04
  • K7bD

Most comments here are pointing at the battery life and other. Let me summarize the Pros and Cons. And some solution to increase the battery life.
For me initially the battery was a problem , so I reduced the brightness and turned off the bravia engine in setting, by doing this my battery lasted for 1.5 days. Download the app called "night mode" and turn off the LED in the LED bar, this will increase the battery but not tried with this.

Pros:
1. Battery life is good, ya its 1.5 days and this the best that u can expect from smartphone, if u want 3 or 4 days battery backup go for Nokia 1100!!!!!!
2. Great camera in day light, for night light LED flash is required for good Pics.
3. Great UI and specs.
4. Walkman app is awesome with great sound.
5. WIFI is great.
6. Haven't tried with the gaming, but as per my knowledge xperia ion is best for gaming and obviously Xperia SL will be good for gaming, more over both the cell phone is playstation certified so dont worry about gaming, it will be good.

Cons:
1. Camera faces a problem of auto focus in auto scan mode, but if u try to face ur camera on other place and try to face ur camera again, it will focus again or try to go for infinite scan mode.
2. The three capacitive buttons are little and we might miss it, but this is not a big problem.
3. On heavy duty use the phone will be warm, a common issue in most of the smartphone.

Overall its a great phone, a must buy if your budget is around the 25,000/-. Don't go with hype of quad core or octa core, dual core is enough for most of the user coz we will not run any huge app beyond gaming. About the update, as per my knowledge we will get update at least key lime pie, because Xperia SL has a dual core, and Key lime pie is the first android OS which can optimally utilize the multiple core (ya for now behind the Key lime pie the number of core doesn’t matter!!!!!!).

• 2013-04-19 07:02
  • NG%1
Total of 2628 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia SL.