Sony Xperia SL - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.2
7.2
7.1

I need to escalate an issue about a Phone which I purchased just around 2 weeks back dated 09 March 2013.
Model-Sony Xperia SL

Since I purchase this phone I am facing lot of problems with the Handset.

Yesterday my phone switched Off automatically and it was not getting On even after pressing the Start button several times even though Battery was fully charged.
Then I decided to go to the Sony Service Center. They took my phone inside the center and come back to me with Working Phone.
When I asked them about the problem they simply reply that “Your Phone was not charged”, however I very much sure that this was not the actual problem as I have already put my phone on charging before come to them, moreover it shows Green Light and if I am not wrong it means Handset was at least 90 percent charged.

Moreover I have also checked that all settings were changed to Default. I think they reset my phone even without taking my consent due to which I lost all my data.

When I asked them about the same they replied back in a very inappropriate way and told that I am responsible for my data and not them, what a joke.

When I asked them to behave in proper manner, another person come but repeated the same story.

Then I asked them to check the 2nd problem, i.e. “Back Key is not working properly”.
They checked and reply that they need to replace the Touch Screen as this may occur because of that.
I simply asked them to replace my Hand Set as it was just 2 week old.
They denied the same and provided me the Customer Care number and ask me to get in touch with them.

I received pathetic service from the Customer Care Executive, Name “Nikhil”, as he was unable to provide me the proper solution of my problem and moreover when I ASK HIM TO CONNECT ME WITH HIS MANAGER, HE JUST DISCONNECTED MY CALL.

I have called back once again this time Customer Care Executive Name "Ankit" pick my call, when I asked him to connect this call to his Manager, he didn't do the same.

Moreover they all just repeated the same Story that "they can't replace my Hand Set as i have not called them within a week".

I have already wasted my half day with all this rubbish conversation with Service Center Guys and with both the Customer Care executives "Ankit and Nikhil". No one has even contacted me regarding my issue and tried to resolve this.

• 2013-03-26 15:48
  • Mehn

guyzzz..please ,..suggest me..what about the overall performance of xperia sl???

• 2013-03-26 15:39
  • uwZb

Hey dude,which is better between Sony Xperia SL and LG Optimus 4x HD ?
Are the dual-core 1,7 GHz and quad-core 1,5 GHz is really different?
it just confusing

• 2013-03-26 15:00
  • 61mT

> In reply to Bill @ 2013-03-25 17:41 from UNU5 - click to readxperia sp have better processor and GPU it score 16000+ on antutu vs SL just 7000+
8GB + SD CARD
8MP + VGA EXMOR RS sensor
better build quality and design
so overall is better

• 2013-03-26 14:42
  • tht}

> In reply to Kram @ 2013-03-26 12:09 from Iak3 - click to readoverall XPERIA SL is better but
the only best thing about S3 MINI is removeable battery and sd card

• 2013-03-26 14:23
  • tht}

> In reply to Khaiyo @ 2013-03-26 03:57 from KZ8K - click to readBoth of you buy Sony xperia SL and you wont regret it..better specs better design better quality :)

• 2013-03-26 14:10

• 2013-03-26 14:03
  • 6kM5

Hi guys..i just want to know if which is better the Samsung galaxy s3 mini or the Sony xperia SL? please i need your opinion and please be honest..thanks and god bless =)

• 2013-03-26 12:09
  • Iak3

> In reply to Khaiyo @ 2013-03-26 03:57 from KZ8K - click to readdude..sony xperia sl is the best option even if u compare with samsung s3 according to me....as far as the price and finishing is concerned..,.

• 2013-03-26 11:28
  • vGrG

I am planning to buy an Xperia soon ... but I am in great dilemma.. My budget cap is 25K Rs and which one should I buy?? Xperia SP.. Xperia SL or Xperia TL.. I dnt want to compromise of front cam.. Please suggest

• 2013-03-26 06:41
  • IaHA

> In reply to Khaiyo @ 2013-03-26 03:57 from KZ8K - click to readPls check configration of sl and galaxy grand.

• 2013-03-26 06:17
  • rKe$

i am really confused. should i buy the samsung galaxy grand or this xperia sl? and please tell me why should i buy the phone that you have chose. thank you

• 2013-03-26 03:57
  • KZ8K

I bought my sl on February...initially it was working exceptionally well.it had 6.1.A.2.45 which I updated to 6.1.A,2.55. it was working.normally till last week...but for few days,my phone is frequently becoming numb. While using,my phone becomes unresponsive and lock pattern appear, but I may not be able to unlock it. so I need to restart the phone pressing power button and volume up...how can I fix this problem. it's becoming more frequent nowadays....someone plzzz help to fix my problem

• 2013-03-26 02:31
  • U@s5

> In reply to Aqua77 @ 2013-03-25 19:12 from PDTi - click to readKindly scroll down and read my post about SL heating up

• 2013-03-25 21:57
  • 6kM5

Hi there i just bought Sony Xperia SL few days back today while playing games i felt that it is being heated up does any one of guys ever experienced some thing like it ever please do post here and will appreciate for any advise u have.......Thanks

• 2013-03-25 19:12
  • PDTi

> In reply to funnyguys @ 2013-03-25 07:56 from KhhY - click to readWell Xperia SP is good shape wise, but specs are quite low than SL. It has 8GB internal and VGA front cam...

• 2013-03-25 17:41
  • UNU5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-24 14:56 from uvhr - click to readAll hd games were awsum I am using from oct 2012 its really wonderful

• 2013-03-25 14:19
  • t1$I

> In reply to bill @ 2013-03-24 19:03 from UNUK - click to readDude..jst wait for some time SONY is going to release Xperia SP
with almost comparable to SL..

• 2013-03-25 07:56
  • KhhY

> In reply to vazzz @ 2013-03-24 11:20 from utW1 - click to readits turning on all the time, but not turn on,so the wifi can't connect cause not turn on,i guess i have to replace my sl wifi??

• 2013-03-25 02:47
  • Ki0V

> In reply to anu @ 2013-03-24 16:35 from utVK - click to readNope no burst capture but instead u get a cool thing ..its called fast capture ..even if ur xperia is in sleep mode and u needed to take a picture quickly just simply push the camera key all the way and the phone will take the pic in just less than 1.5 sec's..

With this feature you will never miss a thing :)

Xperia SL best of 2012

............... SONY................
MAKE ........... BELIEVE

• 2013-03-24 23:40
  • 6Xxc
Total of 2631 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia SL.