Sony Xperia sola - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.3
7.2
7.1

Installing CM12 will make it better.

• 2015-04-19 17:26
  • t7La

> In reply to Justajoke @ 2015-03-23 13:42 from iA1U - click to readPlease just apply your common sense...this device is having only 512 mb ram out of which only 356 m.b. Is user available so how can you expect it to run fast....whereas z1 & z2 have 2g.b & 3 g.b ram respectively so they will run smoothly...& all Sony phones are not the same. The speed of the phone depend's upon it's ram & multitasking depend's upon the processor & not upon the Company or the brand.

• 2015-04-16 13:23
  • t}EU

> In reply to dyingwish @ 2015-03-24 22:50 from Mxq} - click to readhow am i upgrade this phone?
plz tell me someone

• 2015-04-02 07:56
  • X0@G

> In reply to dyingwish @ 2015-03-24 22:50 from Mxq} - click to readhow did you upgrade the android system ?
am living in dubai and there's no upgrade for the phone :/

• 2015-03-28 10:37
  • 3xLJ

Download link for CM11 KitKat 4.4.2 custom ROM ?

• 2015-03-27 21:48
  • p70A

I've used my sola for 2 years. After ICS upgrade, I had a disappointing period. But I've installed CM11 KitKat 4.4.2 custom ROM and now my sola is a really smartphone.. I suggest this for every sola users.

• 2015-03-24 22:50
  • Mxq}

ICS works perfectly on my sola. Just remove all transition effects, widgets, live wallpaper.

• 2015-03-24 17:36
  • v0qx

I have been used this phone for 2 and half year. It was good about one year. After upgrading to ICS it went terrible. It lags and crashes all the time. I am dissapointed in Sony. Plan to buy Xperia Z1 or Z2 but not sure in Sony anymore :(

• 2015-03-23 13:42
  • iA1U

I just got this mobile phone and it works pretty good.For now I didn't experience any lag.

• 2015-03-21 08:53
  • 3q@E

Hi I just bought it and is working no fault till now there are some lags but not everytime definitely go for it cheap by worlds fine

• 2015-03-20 10:35
  • KIv6

> In reply to Shewan @ 2015-01-10 07:13 from PxkK - click to readTo flash roms, unlock first the bootloader and download flashtool

• 2015-03-20 03:57
  • t7X0

Sola is waste mobile, its very slow. Dont buy this kind of mobile.

• 2015-03-09 07:54
  • PxrS

It is a amazing phone when rooted. Get rid of sony bloats and install expreince v1 rom xda. and see the magic of speed and smothness

• 2015-01-31 20:07
  • tZtt

The worst phone. Battery life is very very less.Callere volume is very less. Completly out of use after ayear

• 2015-01-29 16:08
  • ut5{

> In reply to priya @ 2015-01-22 14:56 from 2SZm - click to readBuy new mobile

• 2015-01-26 17:30
  • rKNJ

Hi..I have a problem.all the wats app pics n stuff gets stored in the internal memory.as a result the internal memory is full though the memory card is totally free. Plz guide how do I transfer these pics from internal memory to memory card.

• 2015-01-22 14:56
  • 2SZm

why is it, that the phone loose signal and then you have to switch the phone off completely and then restart? it is frustrating because you don't know when the phone lost its signal. only time is when you pick up your phone and see that their is a red X top right side of hand set? is their a setting? What is the airplane mode, Must it be on or off?

regards

Emile

• 2015-01-22 13:26
  • NntG

> In reply to Captain Phenom @ 2015-01-07 18:10 from ajQ{ - click to readHi, as you said, ICS is really crap on this phone, almost everyday i feel like throwing this away! How can I go back to Gingerbread or flash a CyanogenMod as you suggested? or how did you flash SlimCM v3? I really want to get rid of ICS from my phone. Kindly advice.

• 2015-01-10 07:13
  • PxkK

I have this phone for a few months now. And despite all the negative opinions about it around here, I consider it a great, every-day smartphone. But not with Android 4.0.4. ICS 4.0.4 it's really crap on Sola and will lag as hell. Get rid of it as soon as you get this phone and either go back to Gingerbread or flash a CyanogenMod. I flashed SlimCM v3 and works excellent. Really smooth, no lag at all. Also as others already said it, uninstall Google Play Services (or just quarantine it).
Remember this phone is not made for people who want to play games or do multitasking since it only has 512MB of RAM. But if you're a regular user who only wants a nice looking, cheap smartphone for every-day use (browsing, music, email, youtube) this might be a very good choice once you switch from ICS (which is horrible on Sola).

• 2015-01-07 18:10
  • ajQ{

Very bad experience, many lags, constantly crushing apps and slow in general.

• 2015-01-03 16:00
  • JbI3
Total of 5129 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia sola.