Sony Xperia sola - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.2
7.2
7.0

Worst phone ever , I would exchange this shit with a kit kat bar with a smile on my face . 1 million hangs & freez per minute , u better throw this phone in the toilet n flush it quickly

• 2014-08-02 02:45
  • 9xHH

Whenever I try to open a program,it just shows the program name and then automatically exits... What can I do?

• 2014-07-23 18:58
  • JEbY

never read the user opinion pls....who like us then after purchase any mobile..and i say that everyone mobile has something problem..so we liked any type of mobile we should purchase it...

• 2014-07-16 14:52
  • fCx7

This phone is baaad. It was woking fine when i got about in early 2013. Reviews then were very favourable. l liked what this phone had to offer. Not the best phone even then but it was great value for money and better specs than samsung for the same price point. Then bang! It just started crawl and hang!?!? Reading from the reviews just now, I realise and understand that it was the upgrade that did it in. This phone is a goner. Not buying nor recommending to people to buy sony phones.

• 2014-07-13 00:01
  • vmGw

> In reply to LEE10114 @ 2014-07-07 19:00 from RKpf - click to readI can confirm this. Sony messed up big time by releasing ICS for the Sola. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think 512MB is sufficient for ICS to run properly.
I've hated my phone ever since I mistakenly "updated" to ICS. I thought it was just an update to GB. BIG mistake. My Sola is going to be replaced soon.

• 2014-07-08 10:14
  • Ianq

don't update!!!... I saw reviews saying that updating the system form Gingerbread to ICS slowed the phone down but I did not listen... It would've been a great phone if I left it alone...

• 2014-07-07 19:00
  • RKpf

> In reply to chinnu @ 2014-06-20 20:10 from utdM - click to readMa phne is also the xperia sola and i havn't any hang in the phone then y u guys hf that.? iz bcz of ur incorrect usage thaiz y ur ph getting hang

• 2014-07-05 22:56
  • fCx{

bad phone.. its hangs all d time.. sometimes or rather everytime u get a call, u cant recieve it for 1 min inspite of answering d call.. all bcz of low ram
also u cnt just do many activities at a time.. it hangs..
better opt for a phn with atleast 1gb ram
this phn is great bt due to its hanging nature, u hardly cn use its best features!!

• 2014-06-29 11:57
  • YMne

Well, the prone is pretty messed up by the developers - Sony.
If you're on low budget, and you can get Sola with Gingerbread, then go for it and never update it to Ice cream sandwich.
Trust me, just don't. No matter how you want it. It will mess up the phone.
I can't tell how great it would be with GB, cuz I updated the first day I got the phone, but, reading a lot of forums, I came to the conclusion, that ICS is one, that killed the phone.
^That's just for some, who didn't know.
Other than that, just like others said - RAM is too small, battery life is not so great either (Though it charges relatively fast), multitasking is quite hard thing to do... but yeah if you're just going to use it for calls, SMS, some web browsing - you'll have no problem with that.

• 2014-06-26 16:42
  • mts}

my cell sony xperia sola is hang due to usage of internet connections

• 2014-06-20 20:10
  • utdM

> In reply to sgr @ 2014-06-02 09:40 from 7q9x - click to readabsolutely true............. +1000

• 2014-06-14 20:01
  • hLbc

Can you please let me know how to boot Sola MT 27i so that I can increase the ram size.

Also it discharges very quick. Quick like within 4 Hours the mobile dies.... without any usage of it......

If used, I cannot even use it for more than 1.5 hours... Please let me know how to correct this things.

You help will be appreciated a lot.

• 2014-06-14 20:00
  • hLbc

My phone sony solo, I bout it year ago , the problem is that discharge very fast after disconnect from electric supply, what I will do?

• 2014-06-11 16:37
  • j}Y%

how to get upgrade bya OTA for sony xperia sola

• 2014-06-11 08:45
  • 7jWV

> In reply to sgr @ 2014-06-02 09:40 from 7q9x - click to readme also same issues happening.......

• 2014-06-10 07:22
  • sSU1

how to upgrade my xperia sola

• 2014-06-08 08:04
  • UD%n

My Sony Xperia sola works great up to now. I'm on gingerbread. You probably need to update your firmware or update it to ICS.

• 2014-06-03 08:56
  • 7XYw

worst phone.... i've wasted money on this phone. its the biggest mistake by sony. it keeps hanging without any damn reason and the call is super slow! i open the call log and it takes a few minutes to open it and when i call, it takes another few minutes to connect the call. its speed is amazingly awful provided the 1Ghz dual core processor!!! it is annoyingly irritating. And sony being a multi million dollar company is helpless and hopeless in this case. the customer care keeps saying it does not support ICS! now this is more annoying. ive been trudging along with gingerbread OS and still the problems persist. this is the worst phone in the whole world, probably...

• 2014-06-02 09:40
  • 7q9x

I wanto set gprs settings but it gives other options. my network provider is Vodacom. it its using gingerbread software.

• 2014-05-25 20:01
  • NmSK

I have been using this phone since 2 years, the worst phone ever. I have chnaged mother board for 2 times and headphone once. Still problem continued. The worst ever phone. No customer care service from Sony side.

• 2014-05-25 12:10
  • v$BX
Total of 5094 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia sola.