Sony Xperia sola - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.3
7.2
7.1

bad phone.. its hangs all d time.. sometimes or rather everytime u get a call, u cant recieve it for 1 min inspite of answering d call.. all bcz of low ram
also u cnt just do many activities at a time.. it hangs..
better opt for a phn with atleast 1gb ram
this phn is great bt due to its hanging nature, u hardly cn use its best features!!

• 2014-06-29 11:57
  • YMne

Well, the prone is pretty messed up by the developers - Sony.
If you're on low budget, and you can get Sola with Gingerbread, then go for it and never update it to Ice cream sandwich.
Trust me, just don't. No matter how you want it. It will mess up the phone.
I can't tell how great it would be with GB, cuz I updated the first day I got the phone, but, reading a lot of forums, I came to the conclusion, that ICS is one, that killed the phone.
^That's just for some, who didn't know.
Other than that, just like others said - RAM is too small, battery life is not so great either (Though it charges relatively fast), multitasking is quite hard thing to do... but yeah if you're just going to use it for calls, SMS, some web browsing - you'll have no problem with that.

• 2014-06-26 16:42
  • mts}

my cell sony xperia sola is hang due to usage of internet connections

• 2014-06-20 20:10
  • utdM

> In reply to sgr @ 2014-06-02 09:40 from 7q9x - click to readabsolutely true............. +1000

• 2014-06-14 20:01
  • hLbc

Can you please let me know how to boot Sola MT 27i so that I can increase the ram size.

Also it discharges very quick. Quick like within 4 Hours the mobile dies.... without any usage of it......

If used, I cannot even use it for more than 1.5 hours... Please let me know how to correct this things.

You help will be appreciated a lot.

• 2014-06-14 20:00
  • hLbc

My phone sony solo, I bout it year ago , the problem is that discharge very fast after disconnect from electric supply, what I will do?

• 2014-06-11 16:37
  • j}Y%

how to get upgrade bya OTA for sony xperia sola

• 2014-06-11 08:45
  • 7jWV

> In reply to sgr @ 2014-06-02 09:40 from 7q9x - click to readme also same issues happening.......

• 2014-06-10 07:22
  • sSU1

how to upgrade my xperia sola

• 2014-06-08 08:04
  • UD%n

My Sony Xperia sola works great up to now. I'm on gingerbread. You probably need to update your firmware or update it to ICS.

• 2014-06-03 08:56
  • 7XYw

worst phone.... i've wasted money on this phone. its the biggest mistake by sony. it keeps hanging without any damn reason and the call is super slow! i open the call log and it takes a few minutes to open it and when i call, it takes another few minutes to connect the call. its speed is amazingly awful provided the 1Ghz dual core processor!!! it is annoyingly irritating. And sony being a multi million dollar company is helpless and hopeless in this case. the customer care keeps saying it does not support ICS! now this is more annoying. ive been trudging along with gingerbread OS and still the problems persist. this is the worst phone in the whole world, probably...

• 2014-06-02 09:40
  • 7q9x

I wanto set gprs settings but it gives other options. my network provider is Vodacom. it its using gingerbread software.

• 2014-05-25 20:01
  • NmSK

I have been using this phone since 2 years, the worst phone ever. I have chnaged mother board for 2 times and headphone once. Still problem continued. The worst ever phone. No customer care service from Sony side.

• 2014-05-25 12:10
  • v$BX

i am using it for a year .it is a good phone but hangs sometimes but with smart memory booster pro it becomes awesome and now it doesn't hangs and if it does just press power button and volume up button together and it will just restart

• 2014-05-20 11:04
  • 6PEm

press all 4 buttons at a time upto 3 vibrations to reboot fone.

• 2014-05-20 06:24
  • uWG8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-05-01 13:04 from S9dg - click to readInstall Auto Memory Manager.

• 2014-05-15 09:22
  • vGyR

Dear Friends,

All those who are facing hanging problem, install auto memory manager and see the difference. I am using this phone for the last 13.5 months and after installing AMM, my hanging problem resolved permanently. Also, do keep minimum app/shortcuts on the home screen which reduces load on RAM.

• 2014-05-15 09:17
  • vGyR

> In reply to Glenn @ 2014-05-10 06:44 from t7uN - click to readhow too boot the phone

• 2014-05-12 06:07
  • RxnW

> In reply to Glenn @ 2014-05-10 06:44 from t7uN - click to readis it safe? by unlocking bootloader

• 2014-05-11 08:14
  • KZ8G

I use this unit for 2 years. It is a very good phone for me. Why? I suggest that you do these things to unleash the potential of this unit.

1. Unlocked bootloader
2. Rooted
3. Download Custom Rom on XDA.

Just my suggestion.

• 2014-05-10 06:44
  • t7uN
Total of 5107 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia sola.