Sony Xperia sola - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.3
7.2
7.1

they said xperia sola is 3G but how come my experia sola is not.Is there anything I can do to activate the 3G?

• 2014-03-31 09:08
  • t7Xk

This is an excellent sony smartphone. yes, the in call volume is not so rich & the ram is not enough !!
yes, it has everything i need !

• 2014-03-29 18:53
  • YWif

The in call volume of the phone is poor. You can not hear anything if you are in a bit noisy area even with full volume.

• 2014-03-29 08:28
  • sSNH

> In reply to bass yamaha @ 2014-03-26 10:32 from iic5 - click to readIs there google chrome,google+ in sola

• 2014-03-28 03:47
  • rAf%

to al those having lagging issues with the phone u have been using the phone since last 1.5 yrs stock ics.first of all accept this is a midrange phone and u can try out thr following to improve ol the issues
iy worked for me
1) most important disable apps you dont use especially the Facebook app Google chrome and Google plus they r super memory hogging apps n ull notice a difference straightaway after disabling them u can install fb alternatives like atrium n fast for facebook they are good enough
2) uninstall all the apps u dont use
3) use apps like android assistant to clear the cache from time to time
4)turn off glove mode
5) use app like advanced task killer to kill apps every now n then when ufeel device is becoming slow
6) use opera mini or opera mobile browser they are much faster than the default browser
7) if all fails do a factory reset n then al of the above
this will surely help u out
n thr phone will become lag free n no problems taking calls or making them
hope it helps
drop in a line if it worked for u

• 2014-03-26 15:18
  • 2SUd

I downloaded the to be used to downgrade from 4.0.4 to GB 2.3. but (as I understand) I need to download a GB 2.3 -can't find it anywhere. The 'download GB 2.3' links offers some file converter(?)

• 2014-03-26 10:32
  • iic5

• 2014-03-26 10:28
  • iic5

Quite good phone (whit some magic), but very bad support.
If Sony gave real 512 MB RAM (no, i'm really not saying 512 MB RAM to RAM, which evidentelly has only 390 MB), it could be much better.

Thanks to great developers (for example munjeni), sola users can have Jelly Bean, now Kit Kat too, but they haven't almost any sources, so they can't do wonders only by reverse engineering - mainly in KitKat.

• 2014-03-25 17:17
  • 9xHH

> In reply to AndroidUser @ 2014-02-08 09:14 from 6QvN - click to readAbsolutely not, I have this phone for about a year using 4.0 it lags alto its impossible to receive calls, its takes about 10-20 seconds to answer or make a call. I advise you not to update!!

• 2014-03-25 12:16
  • 6Qfw

Really Worst Phone. Just Worst. No Better words to express. How Sony and Android are Such Ignored about customer satisfaction. really Waste of 20500 INR on this phone. Never I Found Better from the day of purchase. How people are still buying Sony and Andriod. Spend some more Money and Buy Apple. They Really developing products for Customers and business not Jus for money. And most difficult Part with SONY is... No Service Centres in a MAJOR City ike Hyderabad. For entire CITY they have only one service centre in Ameerpet. Really How ignorance. At time of buying in Excitement we Ignore service Centers importance in Maintenance. Which is very important. every ruppee we paying is not jus to struggle.

• 2014-03-25 08:49
  • F%JM

Worst battery timing. I had to charge it 10+ a day. Except worst battery timing ....

• 2014-03-24 05:35
  • KA9A
  • F

Worst battery timing. I had to charge it twice a day. Except worst battery timing i think it is a good mid range phone.

• 2014-03-20 08:08
  • 6Qh}

Worst smartphone ever, i have it 1 year and half, it takes about 5 minutes to make a call, and takes that much to pick ! it Lags on every thing ! WORST FONE EVA

• 2014-03-19 18:46
  • 2SA6

I just upgraded my Sola to 4.1.2 Nd realize my video is not recording BT my camera works perfectly Pls any one with an idea on Hw to solve dis problem?

• 2014-03-18 09:43
  • fsWr

> In reply to Rza @ 2014-02-07 13:00 from 6Pbp - click to readDo you have solution yet to that dot patter with your sola.well I have also the same prob it bothers me ..if you solve it pls rply ...tnx tnx

• 2014-03-14 13:00
  • t7VL

-You need a flashtool and you need to download the firmware. It may seem difficult at first but it's actually pretty easy to do, just follow everything what the video says. If you get any problems just reply. Hope this helps.

• 2014-03-10 08:48
  • PSIQ

> In reply to Incignito @ 2014-03-06 23:30 from PSIQ - click to readplease tell me how to downgrade to the official GB

• 2014-03-08 15:54
  • fkgn

> In reply to Incignito @ 2014-03-06 23:30 from PSIQ - click to readplease tel me how to downgrade to officially GB

• 2014-03-08 15:49
  • fkgn

I had this phone for 1 and half year and I try gingerbread twice ICS twice and iam now on cyanogen kitkat cm11 /ginger is fast much ram but eat battry /ICS there is last version stable and much ram and fast and there's many versions lag and hang just search for the last fast one/ and cm11 is very beautiful fast many options included no hangs no lag /this phone was able to run kitkat easily but sony is refusing so try cyanogen cm11

• 2014-03-07 08:44
  • NqX}

**I recommend you guys to take time and read this, especially those people asking about the Android OS.**

Good day, everyone. For those people asking if updating the Android OS of Xperia Sola will make it better, to be honest, no, it won't, and this is coming from a hardcore Sony Xperia/Sony Ericsson fan. I've had my phone for about a year and a half now, and I just successfully downgraded my OS just a week ago, after putting up with the ICS version for about 7 months. Well the only visible change the you will notice after upgrading it will be the display. You won't notice the sluggish part until the next 2 weeks, and I'm telling you it's going to be a nightmare. I wasn't able to play games, even midrange games, surf the net because it takes too long to respond. And the worst that I (or you too may) experience is how it takes too much time to make and answer a call, there would even have a time that I missed the call because it just kept on ringing even after being swiped to answer.

-So just enjoy the GB OS, and make the most out of it.

• 2014-03-06 23:30
  • PSIQ
  • F
Total of 5108 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia sola.