Sony Xperia sola - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.2
7.1
7.0

worst phone ever.extremely sluggish performance.lags a lot. will recommend not to buy sony phones at all. Buy Nokia 1100 instead of sony. Atleast you will be able to make calls easily .

• 2014-03-03 08:03
  • FYjE

> In reply to okak @ 2012-12-30 11:28 from wfF7 - click to readMy HTC was stolen. I saw Sola in H Norman - decided to check it out on the net. Next day Sola was gone!!!! but the salesman rung another HN and I bought the last - demo! I like the phone and I agree with you about HTC USB functions - excellent. With Sola I can't access fotos to transfer to PC because all I can access is one 'card' and if the camera (3rd party) saves it somewhere else it takes a lots of time to find and copy to one of 2 SD cards. So because of this problem, my next phone will be HTC.

• 2014-03-01 07:41
  • iic5

The sony xperia sola is a really very good phone,just a bit overpriced(keep in mind the motorola moto g etc)
I have been using this phone since 4 months,and it's pretty cool.
The text looks so crisp and photos and video look amazing.The novathore dual core is immpressive and can run heavy games as well(i never suffered a lag while playing clash of clans),gta sa,3,nfs shift,mostwanted,asphalt 7 are also supported.
The ram is not enough,since 128 mb(not surr) is reserved for the gpu only 368 mb is accesible and almost 150 mb is used by background processes,apps etc.But the dual core won't let it it to be a let down
The battery life is ok i can get about 18 hours of heavy usage.
the design is simple yet good looking.
internal storage is ok.
and ics is not super fast nor super smooth but is usable(without doubt)

• 2014-02-27 17:39
  • gDhV

Worst smartphone ever, i have it 1 year and half, it takes about 5 minutes to make a call, lag lag and lag again. RAM is noy 512 but 386 please check it out.

• 2014-02-25 23:58
  • xvR3

> In reply to azzireiram15 @ 2014-02-19 09:10 from thee - click to readthere is nothing to worry in updating the android os for sola...just install sony pc companion and update the phone directly....no need to flash and it is easy and simple for all to update......for those who r beginners If u install flash tool and doing updation u might feel difficult at some point if u were struck also u may loose anonymous data consumption....

• 2014-02-22 15:48
  • t}gT

> In reply to azzireiram15 @ 2014-02-19 09:10 from thee - click to readCheck if there's a problem in your internet connection. If it still the case, best to ask Sony about it.

• 2014-02-21 03:49
  • wY80

I just want to ask you guys about updating your android version. My xperia sola I connect it to my pc companion then it appears there is a latest phone software update 4.0 version I follow the instruction but I'm stuck on step 3 prepare then update. It says need to turn off & connect to pc then hold the volume down I did it but nothing happens. Please help anyone knows?

• 2014-02-19 09:10
  • thee

> In reply to sanju @ 2014-02-02 09:38 from KIhZ - click to readYes, if you're not expecting to have a Samsung Galaxy S3-type of mobile phone. I won't be updated to JB to beging with.

Overall it is a good phone. Just learn how to manage your files, apps, etc. to enjoy it's optimal performance.

• 2014-02-19 07:26
  • wY80

> In reply to santosh @ 2014-02-08 03:16 from PAXm - click to readI also have it but it was gone when I restart my phone. But I have one that is there out of the box at the right side corner; I just ignore it.

• 2014-02-19 07:23

Storage:

Phone memory - 1.97GB
Internal storage - 3.98GB
External storage - expandable to 32GB

Other mobile phones doesn't have phone memory or internal storage.

• 2014-02-19 07:21
  • wY80

I fully respect the opinions of others, but for me it is a good phone. Probably not the biggest, fastest or with built-in front camera but it is far better than others.

It is fast enough if you know how to delete files like cache files or clear the internal data after some time, big enough that it still fit in your pocket perfectly.

• 2014-02-19 07:18
  • wY80

The phone is really really shitty, dont buy this phone , Sony released a worst phone.

• 2014-02-18 13:29
  • YTFY

> In reply to AndroidUser @ 2014-02-08 09:14 from 6QvN - click to readI do not recommend the update. Well know issues are:
- stereo recording will now be mono
- adobe's flash no longer available
- lagging
I am using from the beginning GB. Very happy with it.
Greetings.

• 2014-02-10 04:03
  • LImp

What to do when is slow at calls and other stuff?

• 2014-02-08 23:59
  • 04R7

I am currently using GB. I am considering for the ICS Update. Should I go with it?
Recommendations Plz....!!

• 2014-02-08 09:14
  • 6QvN

I'm using this phone since 7 months but now I have found a problem (ie. a small white dot point is appeared center of the screen) what happened???

• 2014-02-08 03:16
  • PAXm

everything in one phone small but don't thing small it's a.better device for new users of android when u buy it trust me Dan u never buy any other device of any other brand after using this I hope dat Sony wins ur heart

• 2014-02-07 13:00
  • 6Pbp

> In reply to mada afif @ 2014-02-06 00:03 from iEuq - click to readreally want to upgrade your phone, go to munjeni.homeunix.com and download cm11 pepper built9 zip and gapps4.4 zip. Install it by recovery. Okay

• 2014-02-07 08:41
  • PAXm

> In reply to santosh @ 2014-02-04 03:43 from PAXm - click to readplease send an screen shot

• 2014-02-06 00:03
  • iEuq

hi mate im using this phone for last few years , its awesome phone and innovative to , sometimes it lags a bit , but overall performance of the phone is awesome , the surprising fact in the phone is the camera for a 5mp camera phone it clicks the pics really well esp in day light ,

• 2014-02-04 06:14
  • uunY
Total of 5087 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia sola.