Sony Xperia sola - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.2
7.2
7.0

> In reply to Rza @ 2014-02-07 13:00 from 6Pbp - click to readDo you have solution yet to that dot patter with your sola.well I have also the same prob it bothers me ..if you solve it pls rply ...tnx tnx

• 2014-03-14 13:00
  • t7VL

-You need a flashtool and you need to download the firmware. It may seem difficult at first but it's actually pretty easy to do, just follow everything what the video says. If you get any problems just reply. Hope this helps.

• 2014-03-10 08:48
  • PSIQ

> In reply to Incignito @ 2014-03-06 23:30 from PSIQ - click to readplease tell me how to downgrade to the official GB

• 2014-03-08 15:54
  • fkgn

> In reply to Incignito @ 2014-03-06 23:30 from PSIQ - click to readplease tel me how to downgrade to officially GB

• 2014-03-08 15:49
  • fkgn

I had this phone for 1 and half year and I try gingerbread twice ICS twice and iam now on cyanogen kitkat cm11 /ginger is fast much ram but eat battry /ICS there is last version stable and much ram and fast and there's many versions lag and hang just search for the last fast one/ and cm11 is very beautiful fast many options included no hangs no lag /this phone was able to run kitkat easily but sony is refusing so try cyanogen cm11

• 2014-03-07 08:44
  • NqX}

**I recommend you guys to take time and read this, especially those people asking about the Android OS.**

Good day, everyone. For those people asking if updating the Android OS of Xperia Sola will make it better, to be honest, no, it won't, and this is coming from a hardcore Sony Xperia/Sony Ericsson fan. I've had my phone for about a year and a half now, and I just successfully downgraded my OS just a week ago, after putting up with the ICS version for about 7 months. Well the only visible change the you will notice after upgrading it will be the display. You won't notice the sluggish part until the next 2 weeks, and I'm telling you it's going to be a nightmare. I wasn't able to play games, even midrange games, surf the net because it takes too long to respond. And the worst that I (or you too may) experience is how it takes too much time to make and answer a call, there would even have a time that I missed the call because it just kept on ringing even after being swiped to answer.

-So just enjoy the GB OS, and make the most out of it.

• 2014-03-06 23:30
  • PSIQ
  • F

getting to slow and can't make calls easily. need to restart it over and over again . its hang a lot and need to wait few minutes to trtend the call.

• 2014-03-05 10:33
  • PTG3
  • F

worst phone ever.extremely sluggish performance.lags a lot. will recommend not to buy sony phones at all. Buy Nokia 1100 instead of sony. Atleast you will be able to make calls easily .

• 2014-03-03 08:03
  • FYjE

> In reply to okak @ 2012-12-30 11:28 from wfF7 - click to readMy HTC was stolen. I saw Sola in H Norman - decided to check it out on the net. Next day Sola was gone!!!! but the salesman rung another HN and I bought the last - demo! I like the phone and I agree with you about HTC USB functions - excellent. With Sola I can't access fotos to transfer to PC because all I can access is one 'card' and if the camera (3rd party) saves it somewhere else it takes a lots of time to find and copy to one of 2 SD cards. So because of this problem, my next phone will be HTC.

• 2014-03-01 07:41
  • iic5

The sony xperia sola is a really very good phone,just a bit overpriced(keep in mind the motorola moto g etc)
I have been using this phone since 4 months,and it's pretty cool.
The text looks so crisp and photos and video look amazing.The novathore dual core is immpressive and can run heavy games as well(i never suffered a lag while playing clash of clans),gta sa,3,nfs shift,mostwanted,asphalt 7 are also supported.
The ram is not enough,since 128 mb(not surr) is reserved for the gpu only 368 mb is accesible and almost 150 mb is used by background processes,apps etc.But the dual core won't let it it to be a let down
The battery life is ok i can get about 18 hours of heavy usage.
the design is simple yet good looking.
internal storage is ok.
and ics is not super fast nor super smooth but is usable(without doubt)

• 2014-02-27 17:39
  • gDhV

Worst smartphone ever, i have it 1 year and half, it takes about 5 minutes to make a call, lag lag and lag again. RAM is noy 512 but 386 please check it out.

• 2014-02-25 23:58
  • xvR3

> In reply to azzireiram15 @ 2014-02-19 09:10 from thee - click to readthere is nothing to worry in updating the android os for sola...just install sony pc companion and update the phone directly....no need to flash and it is easy and simple for all to update......for those who r beginners If u install flash tool and doing updation u might feel difficult at some point if u were struck also u may loose anonymous data consumption....

• 2014-02-22 15:48
  • t}gT

> In reply to azzireiram15 @ 2014-02-19 09:10 from thee - click to readCheck if there's a problem in your internet connection. If it still the case, best to ask Sony about it.

• 2014-02-21 03:49
  • wY80

I just want to ask you guys about updating your android version. My xperia sola I connect it to my pc companion then it appears there is a latest phone software update 4.0 version I follow the instruction but I'm stuck on step 3 prepare then update. It says need to turn off & connect to pc then hold the volume down I did it but nothing happens. Please help anyone knows?

• 2014-02-19 09:10
  • thee

> In reply to sanju @ 2014-02-02 09:38 from KIhZ - click to readYes, if you're not expecting to have a Samsung Galaxy S3-type of mobile phone. I won't be updated to JB to beging with.

Overall it is a good phone. Just learn how to manage your files, apps, etc. to enjoy it's optimal performance.

• 2014-02-19 07:26
  • wY80

> In reply to santosh @ 2014-02-08 03:16 from PAXm - click to readI also have it but it was gone when I restart my phone. But I have one that is there out of the box at the right side corner; I just ignore it.

• 2014-02-19 07:23

Storage:

Phone memory - 1.97GB
Internal storage - 3.98GB
External storage - expandable to 32GB

Other mobile phones doesn't have phone memory or internal storage.

• 2014-02-19 07:21
  • wY80

I fully respect the opinions of others, but for me it is a good phone. Probably not the biggest, fastest or with built-in front camera but it is far better than others.

It is fast enough if you know how to delete files like cache files or clear the internal data after some time, big enough that it still fit in your pocket perfectly.

• 2014-02-19 07:18
  • wY80

The phone is really really shitty, dont buy this phone , Sony released a worst phone.

• 2014-02-18 13:29
  • YTFY

> In reply to AndroidUser @ 2014-02-08 09:14 from 6QvN - click to readI do not recommend the update. Well know issues are:
- stereo recording will now be mono
- adobe's flash no longer available
- lagging
I am using from the beginning GB. Very happy with it.
Greetings.

• 2014-02-10 04:03
  • LImp
Total of 5094 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia sola.