Sony Xperia SP - user opinions and reviews

8.2
8.0
8.1
2083

my cp is sp and i cant say anything... great specs and nice cam.. nice pixel

• 2015-07-02 17:41
  • RKpm

> In reply to guns @ 2015-06-29 09:13 from KAB{ - click to readGreat mid range cell... hoping SONY mfgs a SP 2 this coming year???

• 2015-06-29 17:48
  • 4ST2

time to upgrade to z series....

• 2015-06-29 09:13
  • KAB{

I've been using a 64GB microSD card on stock Android 4.3 on my Xperia SP C5303, file system is still exFAT no formatting and changing to FAT32 done for 2 months now & it works brilliantly. This is despite the 32GB cap stated on the specifications. I'm kicking myself for not doing it earlier, quite frankly. So go ahead and pop in that 64GB microSD card.

On the build quality of my Xperia SP C5303, I won't complain, neither will I praise Sony Corp. I'm an advent user of the bedevilled pudding case cushions against knocks, light falls & protects the co-moulded aluminium strip from eventual chipping. It does increase the phone's size though but you get used to it. A quick Google search & the chipped & flaking Xperia SP co-moulded aluminium strip doesn't look pretty, use a protective case. The first generation Gorilla glass holds its mantle pretty well, no cracks or chips on the screen after 1yr 7months with the Xperia SP C5303.

• 2015-06-28 14:15
  • Nsvp

> In reply to thiru @ 2015-06-21 03:26 from te3B - click to readPlease try changing the network from WCDMA/GSM to only GSM. This might help you registering on the network.

• 2015-06-28 09:44
  • X{Bw

> In reply to guns @ 2015-06-09 13:47 from KAB{ - click to readFb lite works

• 2015-06-25 03:44
  • rAfM

> In reply to guns @ 2015-06-09 13:47 from KAB{ - click to readFb lite works

• 2015-06-25 01:23
  • rAQR

> In reply to thiru @ 2015-06-21 03:26 from te3B - click to readPlease download Sony pc companion and install it.
Connect your phone to pc and open Sony pc companion.
Upper left corner there will be a option available besides of sp photo.
That your phone is up to date, but you have to click on it. Then there will be statement that if you are facing any problems or issues then please reinstall your firmware, click on it and next will be option of backup etc . Then 800+mb firmware will be download and install to your phone, time depends upon your intent connection speed. Keep in mind all brothers who are facing any issue use this technique its official.
Thankx

• 2015-06-22 11:06
  • KIFT

Hai iam using xperia sp. my phone sim and memory card not working (there top symbol they mention of both in red colour in x)already i tried to inside of cover on off button and factory reset but still sim and memory not detected how to solve this pls help(when i playing games it comes)

• 2015-06-21 03:26
  • te3B

> In reply to Brian M. N. @ 2015-06-11 07:26 from Nsa9 - click to readGood Review :)

• 2015-06-20 18:48
  • RJhd

> In reply to [deleted post]@Stretch
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_x..._sp-5364.php Please read, it is stated here

• 2015-06-20 18:44
  • RJhd

i have a complaint with eh myu mobile

charging port compaint

taken it to customer service few times to get it only imprpoperly repaired.

anyone hgas got the same complaints...

• 2015-06-20 09:01
  • u14S

Does this phone use full size SIM or I have to cut it to micro SIM?

• 2015-06-19 17:39
  • LHft

i used xperia sp a year already. the problem is, the camera is not available anymore. really hate it. have tried many tricks but still cant. has anyone have ideas hows to fix it? if i have to send it to the shop for repair, i prefer to buy new phone.

• 2015-06-12 09:22
  • PGH5

One year 7 months later and the only complaint I have of my Sony Xperia SP C5303 is the fact that it's not upgradeable beyond Android 4.3. I honestly haven't experienced hanging or freezing partly due to the fact that I clear unnecessary clutter from the 1GB RAM & make use of the hard reset button once a month, otherwise relatively heavy games Dead Trigger 2, NFS, FIFA handle perfectly well, the Adreno 320 chip handles itself like a charm. The 8MP camera is just above average compared to the extensive options out there but it takes excellent photos in well lit environs & good photos in dimly lit ones. I have a digital camera so I'm satisfied with the Xperia SP phone camera. Battery is 2370mAh and it's battery life is still a reasonable 16hrs daily with moderate use, ie 4G, emails, Twitter, WhatsApp and reading the e-paper. Heavy usage gets me an average of 9-10 hrs, switch off 4G & 3G gets me to 12hrs while wifi gives me 13-14 hrs. This is despite the phone being slightly over 18 months old & everything is still stock Android 4.3. Handles my apps smoothly, I can't complain. Speaker is loud enough to enjoy music or a handsfree call with ease, it's no BoomSound, neither is it front facing but it gets the job done. I think my Xperia SP C5303 has another year and a half in it, I'll be sure to post my review in January 2017 regarding the same.
Would I suggest it to anyone in the market for a phone, quite frankly no. The Ram is limited at 1GB, which as we know is never exactly 1GB, there are better options out there and the fact that I have to get stuck with Android 4.3 is greatly annoying. The Adreno 320 chip though powerful, is now outdated by a couple of new generation chips. The screen has huge bezels & is 720p, though the 720p screen uses less battery power compared to higher resolution ones hence the great battery life plus you can't really tell the difference between a 720p & 1080p screen, maybe on the quadHD screens. if none of this things bother you, then go ahead and get onboard with the Xperia SP.

• 2015-06-11 07:26
  • Nsa9

Facebook lite does not compatible to X SP. Why ?

• 2015-06-09 13:47
  • KAB{

This is one regrettable purchase.
MItP was excellent for just about 1yr. After this it started to play up such as freeze or wouldn't charge.
Things went worse very quickly and phone would start and restart, then the only way to use it was to keep in on charge, then it won't start at all.
From my extensive research, it's a common problem with Sony. The Stamina batteries are poorly made. Sony has a reputation for making things that fall apart just outside of warranty.
I'm totally disappointed especially as my older Lenovo mobile which the Xperia SP was meant to replace, is still going strong

• 2015-06-07 10:32
  • YP9x

> In reply to guns @ 2015-06-04 10:42 from KAB{ - click to readYes they are better in lollipop

• 2015-06-06 11:19
  • f}pp

please how the option o wifi could be played and how this phone could being stopped.

• 2015-06-05 19:29
  • fqW7

hi...i was using this phone since 1year .and the problem which i have is my phone sony xperia sp no really want to stop and yhe second problem is that the WIFI option not want to play.please could you give me some information about those problems .thanks

• 2015-06-05 19:16
  • fqW7
Total of 10649 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia SP.