Sony Xperia SP - user opinions and reviews

8.2
8.1
8.1
2035

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-28 04:55 from KIDm - click to readWhile SP is cheap for its listed specs, some things you just can't put on paper, you have to experience them first-hand.

You'll find earspeaker unconfortable during calls. Because of top-most location, the phone's edge will "cut" into your ear exterior.

Main camera is bad, no way around it. Quite awfull quality of pics and vids, even in bright daylight. Don't have to trust me, go to gsmarena's cam comparison tool (especially compare with measly HTC 310 on colour pane). And cam software is poor, hardly any settings beyond basic.

Phone's stock software is appalingly empty. Feature- and options-lacking, with speed being the only upside (which isn't always there). You'll need equal number or more taps and gestures to perform actions than on other phones with other android skin.

Signal strength could be better, it's just below average, IMO.

1GB isn't enough on stock FW. Mandatory Launcher redraws, especially after any web surfing (no matter the browser, I tried with chrome, ff, opera, maxthon,...). And I keep a verrrry neat system, froze and stopped all the background apps & services I could find.

Seriously, there is no room here to list all difficulties this phone has. In fairness, not everything is bad, it has reedeeming characteristics, ofc, but my 2c:

just go with Xiaomi Mi3. It has similar price, but much higher qualities.

• 2014-12-02 20:54
  • pW4L

> In reply to dddd @ 2014-12-02 18:05 from mY2E - click to readI immediately did a factory reset after getting .205 update in mid-june this year and for the next month or so performance was actually spectacular. But slowly it became worse and by october it became crap. Even though I did a factory reset after that, I didn't see the performance improve this time. I have already decided to root the phone and install cyanogenmod 11 nightly anyway.

• 2014-12-02 19:20
  • rA}v

> In reply to spaceman_k11 @ 2014-12-02 12:59 from 7j$Z - click to readMaybe you should refresh the whole system sometimes. Mine is over a year old, I multitask as well, and I have no problems, lol.

• 2014-12-02 18:05
  • mY2E

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-28 04:55 from KIDm - click to readThis phone's performance sucks. Lag is common during normal usage (or because I am a heavy multitasker). The camera is also just average and real racing 3 tends to crash due to less RAM available. I would recommend checking out the 2nd gen moto g, or if you can stretch your budget then you can go for the xperia zr or the 2013 moto x, which are much better phones overall.

• 2014-12-02 12:59
  • 7j$Z

my device doesnot support idea sim..y this happening to me.?? can u anyone give me a suggestion??

• 2014-12-02 09:24
  • utYv

> In reply to Croos @ 2014-11-28 06:37 from IWUr - click to readIs your phone sleep button is touchscreen now then throw this phone to trash can I also have this problem and its super annoying
Annoying + laggy = trash can

• 2014-12-02 08:09
  • Lb2N

This phone lags a lot and I am sick of it I think youll buy z1 compact at the price of sp and its my opinion to go with z1 compact

• 2014-12-02 08:04
  • Lb2N

> In reply to ken @ 2014-12-01 21:09 from Hx7% - click to readSmall app have voice recorder icon

• 2014-12-02 07:17
  • 2@cx

> In reply to Amit @ 2014-11-30 13:54 from L1gx - click to readyour LCD display is dead..you have to change it in your local repair shop.
i prefer not to bring it to autorized shop because it will take longer time for parts availability.
good luck for hunting the lcd parts.

• 2014-12-02 06:38
  • tDCv

does this phone don't have a built in voice recorder?

• 2014-12-01 21:09
  • Hx7%

> In reply to Amit @ 2014-11-30 13:54 from L1gx - click to readwash your phone with water,

• 2014-12-01 13:55
  • u0wN

Suddenly my display is not visible to me....i dont know what happened can anyone tell me what i to do with it ?

• 2014-11-30 13:54
  • L1gx

I love this device.

• 2014-11-30 13:30
  • 3xqN

> In reply to Amit Mallick @ 2014-11-29 14:56 from uNVG - click to readNo its not ok bcz i charge my sp from 0 to 100% in 2 hours 15 mnts may b its ur charger fault. Get a geniun charger of sony.

• 2014-11-30 10:21
  • 6Q77

Recently I have brought a sony xperia sp (old). My phone needs almost 4 hours to charge 05% to 100%. Is it ok? And one thing I don't have the sony charger. Before charging I clean up the ram with clean master. plz anyone reply. sorry for my bad English.

• 2014-11-29 14:56
  • uNVG

Am Planning to buy M2, but i have confusion SP or M2 which one is best

• 2014-11-29 12:25
  • 7t{A

> In reply to nishith @ 2014-11-20 04:56 from XNDV - click to readSp is better then experia v

• 2014-11-28 06:39
  • IWUr

Hey guys, my experia sp is miss an fell down in a bit feet, so it there any problem become a touch screen?? Please replay me soon as friends

• 2014-11-28 06:37
  • IWUr

i am planning to buy this phone .... i don't care about the updates 4.3 is ok to me (but stable, not bugs)....
as now a days its price is usd 150 in my country( so i will save a bit money for future flagship purchase)....
i need phone for
(1)camera(for facebook,flickr & youtube uploads)
(2)music
(3)watching movies
(4)gaming
how is its battery....signal reception (wifi,network).... display... e.t.c
so guys(xperia sp owners) help me.....

• 2014-11-28 04:55
  • KIDm

> In reply to Walesky @ 2014-11-27 19:10 from fuN1 - click to readjust make sure no running apps before charging
try charging when the phone is turned OFF
last resort is to restore factory settings ;-)

• 2014-11-28 00:30
  • IaHm
Total of 10430 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia SP.