jeep, 25 Apr 2014I got an Xperia SP from Carphonewarehouse. Until now, I haven't received the 4.3 update no mat... moreI heard some countries are still not getting the update, have you checked with your local sony service centre for assistance?
k11, 24 Apr 2014Around Rs. 22000 for xperia sp. By the way, just as a suggestion, moto x is a great option for... morexperia sp is available in rs 18000 on snapdeal and around rs 17200 in street market. so don't spread wrong info. moto x and xperia sp has exactly same hardware except moto x has 2 gb of ram. but xperia sp has advantage of expandable memory and much better after sale service as compared to Motorola.
I got an Xperia SP from Carphonewarehouse. Until now, I haven't received the 4.3 update no matter how I check for updates using the phone or my PC. Any thoughts about this?
mag c, 24 Apr 2014Z, definitely Some body said xperia z had 4.3 update after 4.1.2 and 4.2 updated.but xperia z Lte haven't any updated aftre it 4.1.2 . Is it thru ?.
[deleted post]Around Rs. 22000 for xperia sp. By the way, just as a suggestion, moto x is a great option for your budget.....comes with same processor as xperia sp, but it has twice as much RAM, a much better camera and its already running android 4.4 kitkat, though it only comes with 16 GB of non-expandable storage and is available online only (on flipkart). Costs Rs. 24000
For user who are using jelly bean 4.3 with hang n lags phones...
Here is the solution by sony xperia care...
Visit this link:
Click on Download PC Companion
Run the software and install it
Turn the phone off and disconnect it from the computer
1. No matter what the program says do not connect the phone until you complete step 9
2. In the welcome screen you will see the different modules available for you including the "Support Zone" option. Click on "Start" below it.
3. On the next page Click on "Start" under "Phone Software Update"
At this point if you get an error stating that "Unable to install update components" or "Server is busy" , then please proceed to step 12
4. The program will say that there is no phone connected. Click on the option below that reads: "Repair my phone" the program will issue you a warning about the content that you will lose during the update
5. Choose the option to continue.
6. The program will issue a final message warning you of possible data lost during the update. Click on the checkmark and then on "Next".
7. After that, the program will download the necessary information (5 to 6 minutes) and it will present you with a list of phones.
8. Choose your phones model from the list then click on "Next" then you will see a new section telling you how to connect the phone. (don't connect it yet)
At this point the phone must be off and disconnected from the PC.
9. Connect the cable to the PC not to the phone, then while pressing and holding the indicated button (in the steps on screen an specific button will be shown for you to press on the phone) connect the cable to the phone and keep holding the indicated button until the program says "the update of your phone has started..." (in some cases a message of "Installing drivers" will appear before the message of "the update of your phone has started..." is shown.)
10. If you failed to follow the steps correctly the phone will turn on and it will request that you "Proceed with the following steps, slide down the notification bar", If this happens disconnect the phone from the cable, turn it off and repeat from step 9).
11. If the phone is connected properly, PC Companion will proceed with the update ( It will tell you to let go of the back key) then wait for the update to finish and follow instructions on screen to disconnect the unit.
12. If "Unable to install update components"
1. Close PC Companion
2. Install Java from: http://www.java.com
3. Start PC Companion again and try to do the software unlock process once more.
Note: If you wish only to update the unit wait for the program to open and then select the quick link on the upper left corner that says "Update Phone/Tablet" and follow the instructions to perform the update. (the PC may request for the phone to be placed in Mass Storage mode. Do this by going into Settings>Xperia>Connectivity>USB connection mode)
Try it and get a faster smartphone..
Got this information from xperia care
frnds i wanna buy this phone and i expect it satisfies me in surfing net,running applications without lags,good quality in conversation, playing music,being smooth and sometimes playing games
according to some opinions i actually worry about wi-fi range,is it really poor ? i have a tp-link 8951 modem . does it have full wifi antenna in 6 meters away from router ?
thanks in anticipation
kurla, 24 Apr 2014Friends please tell me should i go for SONY XPERIA SP Or LG L90. Thanks in advancewell Xperia SP has better chipset and GPU ticking inside it. am not trying to Say LG L90 is a bad phone, it is actually a good phone specially since it has 4.4 kitkat but Xperia Sp is just better.
ANDROID, 24 Apr 2014thanks a lot dude..... without your help i am unable to take decision..... i am going to buy t... moreyour very much welcome.. hope to hear from you soon regarding your experience with your new SP phone..
Friends please tell me should i go for SONY XPERIA SP Or LG L90. Thanks in advance
ANDROID, 24 Apr 2014thanks dude for your opinion.... i have heard its wifi short range and camera quality issue...... morecamera quality - I'm not a big fan of cell phone cams but i can say that after 4.3 upgrade the cam quality is improved. Cannot expect that quality which earlier SONY phones had. Unable to understand that samsung/iphone uses the same sony cam lenses yet if u compare the sony images the sony image looks dull. In day light the images are good. in night there are some grains.
In net browsing the phone warms up, during playing Asphalt 8 the phone was cool. but playing a childs game candy crush the phone heated a bit.
Friends please suggest me should i go for Sony Xperia SP or LG L90
Thanks in advance friends
XperiaSp™, 24 Apr 2014well on that case you will love the phone when you buy it, SP has all you need, camera quality... morethanks a lot dude..... without your help i am unable to take decision..... i am going to buy this phone tomorrow or in next week.....:) hope it will not disappoint me....:) thanks again dude.... god bless you....:)
Even after getting the .201 update and getting the software flashed at the authorised sony service center, the phone has not shown any improvement in performance.....games work well (but real racing 3 crashes suddenly), but the rest of the user interface lags frequently.....also once i was playing a song on full volume but the loudspeaker was not at all working.....i had to restart my phone to solve the issue.....so in my case even the latest firmware update has not helped in improving the issues that were there. Even on 4.1.2 jelly bean the phone never hanged like it does now but the user interface was still choppy and not very smooth.....i am overall disappointed with this phone and according to me the biggest problem with it is possibly the RAM which, at 1 GB is a tad less
ANDROID, 24 Apr 2014thaks..... dude i am not a heavy gamer.....i am moderate gamer and love to play.... mc3,mc4,as... morewell on that case you will love the phone when you buy it, SP has all you need, camera quality is great, you just need to adjust some settings to match your taste as I don't really like superior auto mode. [picture sometimes are too yellowish when on sup auto], the phone heats up just to the normal temperature and it is not very hot, and battery back up as i said before is great too. so hope you will enjoy your new phone, when are you planning to buy anyway?