Sony Xperia SP - user opinions and reviews

8.3
8.2
8.2
1985

My xperia sp is great.i love the illumination bar.but it easily heated ang the play store cannot update my apps.all in all 8 to 10.thats my score

• 2014-10-21 09:34
  • nTRx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-13 08:53 from srrd - click to readThe original 4.1 remains the best,don't update!

• 2014-10-20 19:37
  • Nvfb

is there a plan to upgrade to 4.4 ??

• 2014-10-20 19:02
  • 9A1Q

Xperia Rocks

• 2014-10-20 14:53
  • XuT9

Apart from retail demo which was taken care off. I see this phone as good, wish it was water resistance. So love the illumination bar.

• 2014-10-19 21:11
  • rrHt

my phone is getting heated while video recording and while using internet,it gets heated very soon after doing either two of this.it goes from 30`c to 43`c finally i off it and then wait till it cools . pls help me to sort out this issue.

• 2014-10-19 19:14
  • v{uH

• 2014-10-19 19:08
  • v{uH

my Xperia sp c5303 connection problems in playstore. please tell me now what can I do. but opera browser is ok.

• 2014-10-19 16:44
  • X{XI

> In reply to Han @ 2014-10-17 18:41 from IaHn - click to readJoke of the day!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha

• 2014-10-17 19:37
  • vbyQ

> In reply to Han @ 2014-10-17 18:41 from IaHn - click to readThe sony support page for xperia sp lists android 4.3 jelly bean as 'Latest and final version', so you know what that means.

• 2014-10-17 18:58
  • rAN6

if we cant get Kitkat can SONY allow our SP to have Lollipop??? =)

• 2014-10-17 18:41
  • IaHn

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-17 06:32 from 6Qun - click to readIf I was to compare the nexus 5 with the xperia z, nexus 5's battery life will be worse than the z, loudspeaker performance is just as bad. However, nexus 5 has a way, way more powerful chipset, much faster updates (its getting lollipop in end-november, while xperia z will get it not before april next year). Also, the lollipop update is only the 2nd update for the nexus 5, so it will surely get the next version of android after lollipop, whenever it comes. I would say go for nexus 5 if you can live with the average battery life, otherwise go for htc one m7 if its in your budget. If neither option works out only then go for xperia z.

• 2014-10-17 18:10
  • HsJZ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-17 06:32 from 6Qun - click to readYeah looks like xperia z is your only option now. The htc one (M7) is a great alternative IF it is within your budget. Metal body, stereo speakers, great display and great interface. I wouldn't recommend going for htc one mini because the chipset and RAM are no match for xperia z. Also, the mini has only 16 gb non-expandable storage. Looking at your needs, best option is htc one m7 if its within your budget. Else, go for xperia z.

• 2014-10-17 13:58
  • YTYd

> In reply to JOHNY BRAVO @ 2014-10-15 17:01 from 6QuG - click to readyeah due to waterproofing of xperia Z, speaker is affected. in terms of display samsung really has good display panels, but since you said you don't like amoled then the only phone i can think of is nexus 5, which cost much lesser on playstore, if playstore is not available in your country then htc one mini good display great speakers great desgin 0 lag but battery is not that much though. may also be a bit pricey in some countries. as per your latest post I'll agree just go for xperia Z. it's a good choice.

• 2014-10-17 11:14
  • i5x7

> In reply to saqi86 @ 2014-10-16 14:32 from sSxQ - click to readSony seems to have learnt a bit from Moto....but only applicable for Xperia Z series. Sony gonna update Z series to Andriod 5.0. Sony now doesnt considers that it also had Midrangers in their portfolio ever.

• 2014-10-17 07:23
  • X}iy

> In reply to k11 @ 2014-10-16 14:35 from rA2{ - click to readk11 thakx alot for your suggession....
Galaxy Note 3 Neo:
Not a AMOLED FAN
hate too much TOUCHWIZ UI(I REALY LIKE HTC SENSE then STOCK ANDROID then XPERIA UI)
it it about 500 USD....( I can get XPERIA Z2 in this price easily...but at that time i can't afford it)
HTC DESIRE 820:
I do not like its Design it looks like cheap plastic ....
It has 267 ppi...(even my chinease Brand phone has 320ppi IPS),,,
SONY XPERIA Z will get ANDROID LOLIPOP .... Due to which I stat reconsidering this device again....
check this... http://forum.xda-developers.co...0786/page165
after I read this Page I think the Betery is pretty good on XPERIA Z with 4.4.4 KK.... what you say friend....

• 2014-10-17 06:32
  • 6Qun

> In reply to mag c @ 2014-10-16 16:58 from XNpC - click to readyou just need to system restore or factory restore. i dont remember...

• 2014-10-16 23:14
  • ph@2

Forgot the newly added security pattern. Already tried 'forget' option but i cannot login to my Google account. How to recover the pattern?

• 2014-10-16 16:58
  • XNpC

> In reply to JOHNY BRAVO @ 2014-10-15 17:01 from 6QuG - click to read.....isn't waterproof either. The new htc desire 820 is similar to the note 3 neo and its battery life will still be better than xperia z (not as good as the neo though). Its got stereo speakers too and the chipset is again better than xperia z. In my country all 3 devices are in a similar price range. Google nexus 5 was also far better than xperia z in some areas but its speaker performance and battery life are just average.

• 2014-10-16 14:35
  • rA2{

Sony learn from Motorola they going to moto e low end phone in latest android l and all Motorola 2013 devices will get android l, moto x, moto g,droid ultra, maxx,mini.i will sale my xperia sp to get droid mini soon as i can.

• 2014-10-16 14:32
  • sSxQ
Total of 10126 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia SP.