Sony Xperia SP - user opinions and reviews

8.2
8.1
8.1
2058

> In reply to sid @ 2015-03-17 07:17 from Hkt2 - click to readNeither. Go for a different brand.

• 2015-03-17 10:36
  • JLZs

Should I buy sp ?

• 2015-03-17 09:51
  • rKP6

friends i have buy sony xperia m2 or sp please sages me

• 2015-03-17 07:17
  • Hkt2

Is this phone is upgradable to lolypop ?
Please tell me if any one knows...

• 2015-03-16 22:33
  • PxsT

> In reply to Christopher Hoeflich @ 2015-03-11 15:55 from yt%V - click to readI have to agree with these comments. Both my wife and myself got these phones last year and I have to say they are the worst performing phones we have ever had. Constantly freezing, lagging, unresponsive, ending calls prematurely, not being able to answer calls, blank screen and unable to hear/unable to be heard is a constant issue too. Maybe I am unlucky with this phone but surely not both phones. Cannot wait until I can upgrade in August. Ps, I have often wanted to throw this phone against a wall or out of the car. No more Sony phones for me!

• 2015-03-16 13:57
  • nugd

To all Sp users.

It's time for you to move
to a new handset the Xperia M4 Aqua.
a better midrange phone or a new upgrade
of our Xperia SP. cheers!.

• 2015-03-16 02:39
  • UD{0

> In reply to Christopher Hoeflich @ 2015-03-11 15:55 from yt%V - click to readMaybe you dont know how to use this phone.

• 2015-03-15 10:05
  • t7sa

Cm11 m11 is running smothon my phone. I not going back to that xperia stupid stock rom.

• 2015-03-15 04:44
  • t7sa

> In reply to XSP @ 2015-01-23 09:12 from KICT - click to readsry for late.. link for Pakistan Region Firmware ..if u r facing problem while downloading from Mega ..Use DNS Changer app..- select US Google 1 server ..and click on Set .. then try again https://mega.co.nz/#!8AJhGDIS!YSYbbEg_-4HXo7w9Na­5ttRBQOp5F_prt07UEaiZRxHU

• 2015-03-13 13:24
  • utKM

Awsm phone

• 2015-03-13 13:22
  • utKM

this is a superb phone...been using it for more than an year now...other that an occasional lag here and there(which is present in almost all the phones),this mid-ranger performs like a beast...maybe that's why even after more than two year of its release,its still in top fifteen phones on www.gsmarena.com...love my XSPlendid!!!

• 2015-03-13 10:34
  • 2SGS

> In reply to Christopher Hoeflich @ 2015-03-11 15:55 from yt%V - click to readNope,,, thus cell is a Champ!!!
Not sure if you even own thus Sony Winner??? Haha

• 2SDA

Alternatives are moto g 2014, htc 620, s4mini

• 2015-03-12 21:27
  • rric

Having owned a Lumia 820 before purchasing this xperia smartphone, I have to admit that there has not been a significant change, but a few things still make all the difference. The grandeur design will instantly lure you into acquiring an xperia sp. The phone has decent specifications, infact way better than most midrange phones in the market at the moment, the only setback being it's inability to run the latest android versions. I'm an average gamer but do lots of browsing round the clock, that can only mean i've got very limited number of downloaded apps and that could pecisely be the reason why i haven't experienced the phone freeezing despite just 1gig of RAM. The camera is not the best but still reasonably good though the front cam is a total letdown. The successor of this phone is xperia T3 but there isn't any significant change apart from the loss of LED strip, and a bigger screen with a lower ppi as well as increased number of cores with lower clock speeds. Though old in the market i'd still encourage you to buy this phone if at all newer android versions don't tickle your fancy

• 2015-03-12 21:25
  • rric
  • Christopher Hoeflich
  • Rating0

I bought this phone about a year ago because I was told it was a cheap and reliable phone. I don't know what reliable meant to the sales person, but a phone constantly freezing, turning music on at inconvenient times, and refusing to turn on when needed is not really my idea of reliable.

The battery life seems to have gotten worse over time and by over time I mean three weeks after purchasing it. The walkman app is really terrible for listening to music and I don't remember the last time I was able to enjoy a whole song comfortable without interruptions.

I can't say any good things about the phone, yes it's a smartphone but it shouldn't have so many complications. It was really annoying to use and I was constantly frustrated. I finally had enough of it one day and I decided to smash it on the ground and step on it with my winter boots because it was just as useful shattered into a million pieces as it was in one whole piece.

I now live a satisfied life with my new phone and the only thing I can recommend now is, "Spend the extra money!" Don't settle for months of inconvenience and agony.

• 2015-03-11 15:55
  • yt%V

> In reply to M.S.Y @ 2015-02-17 15:15 from KIgm - click to readI am happy with my Xperia, I don't have problems and if I don't find another cellphone then I will have this for a long time.

• 2015-03-11 01:48
  • kgg4

crappy phone, very slow. freezes constantly. can't wait to get an iphone

• 2015-03-10 02:39
  • qbwn

> In reply to ahmed @ 2015-02-26 13:46 from MpU1 - click to readYes. U r right! Download other camera apps

• 2015-03-07 10:47
  • IV@S
Total of 10550 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia SP.