Sony Xperia SP - user opinions and reviews

8.3
8.2
8.2
1955

Got some news from GSM arena, it seems that due to a big loss on sony's earning they decided to re-evaluate their strategy on the midrange market, this could be the reason why sony canceled the kitkat update on xpeira SP and other midrange phone as they will be focusing on the high end market.

here's the link

• 2014-09-17 11:49
  • i5x7

Sony xperia sp is the best mid range smartphone.

• 2014-09-17 09:49
  • uNVL

> In reply to Yelsy @ 2014-09-16 21:39 from M}Na - click to readchecking our conversation only proves you are a SP basher,(where in a person ONLY writes something bad when a company do something unpleasant, but doesn't write postive feedback when they do something good/ OR only appears to take advantage of the situation when the company did something wrong to pull them down) I'm on the other hand do give postive and negative feedback about Sony/xperia SP, also you're the one started sounding rude so i'm just giving you back the favor.

• 2014-09-17 09:29
  • i5x7

> In reply to HK-47 @ 2014-09-16 20:35 from pW48 - click to readAKA 47 Stop wasting your.time and go complain elsewhere, you made your.point.and.get off. SONY SP post. Thus is great midrange,
if want better.camera buy Z3!

• 2014-09-17 04:56
  • IbxF

> In reply to XperiaSp™ @ 2014-09-16 16:09 from i5x7 - click to readNow, people, this above is what a fanboy looks like. Memorize this type of attitude, it will help you in recognize them the future and save you a lot of nerves and time. Just so we're all in understanding , this isn't a reply to XperiaSp™, this is a post for all of you out there, to see that there are always mindless fanboys or perhaps company employees undermining customers solidarity.

Here is a timeline of corespondance between XperiaSp™ and myself. If you don't believe the pics, check for yourselves, the posts begin just 3-4 pages behind.

Don't trust fanboys and, more importantly, don't spend your money on cheating companies that openly make false claims for financial gains. If you do, they will only get worse and others will follow then when they see there are no punishment for such behavior. There need to be consequences. DO NOT BUY SONY.

• 2014-09-16 21:39
  • M}Na

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-16 02:04 from IbxF - click to readGet lost, CAli.

SP has bad camera, I know it, every owner knows it and every single review of the phone confirmes it. Having strong GPU or 4G LTE doesnt replace that.

• 2014-09-16 20:35
  • pW48

> In reply to Yelsy @ 2014-09-12 18:09 from pW4B - click to readnow i can't stand your whining and I'm trying to be as kind as possible when responding to others, but with your tone you sounded like you're picking a fight with me and thats fine if you want a fight bring it on cry baby.

FYI. I never change my stance or tune, I maintained my stance on everything that i replied to you. and for your information 'crybaby', I may be a sony fanboy but when they do something not good, i always let others know, for example when sony release the intial 4.3 update which is full of bugs, i commented here that SP is a good phone but the update made the phone slow,unresponsive etc. (if you have been here for a long time you would have seen my comment from 4 months ago and more), at some point i even recommended xperia ZR and moto G. I also provide support to others, answer questions of people asking on this site, for xperia SP, L and C (sSs™). I admit sony has gave me a lot of problems but I don't cry like you, that's our difference. and base on your userID, i can say you're new here, so stop acting like a basher and just accept the fact like a real man.

• 2014-09-16 16:09
  • i5x7

> In reply to charlie 77 @ 2014-09-14 14:35 from 0w7m - click to readwhen xperia Z was updated to kitkat, it had a lot of problems, so i think sony would want to avoid that on xperia sp

• 2014-09-16 10:11
  • i5x7

> In reply to Nyctophile @ 2014-09-12 22:05 from aj9X - click to readI'm not really trying to defend them, that's just what I think, now I do understand how you feel about sony canceling the kitkat update, i just do hope that you don't get mad at them and you don't bash thm for this. it's not the end of the line, our phone is still good enough for games/daily use. if you really want kitkat then you can root your phone. right?

• 2014-09-16 10:09
  • i5x7

> In reply to Stephen @ 2014-09-14 03:41 from IVRe - click to readthat problem was from .205 update it just got carried out with the .207 update, you can email their support team for asssitance if you like.

• 2014-09-16 09:46
  • i5x7

The latest system update for Xperia SP has made it very slow. My phone hangs at least thrice a day. Anyone facing same problem??? Any solutions???

• 2014-09-16 08:57
  • tdAU

> In reply to Kiran_Kumar-Ashok @ 2014-09-15 17:34 from ijMA - click to readYour info is lop sided and one sided. Sony = Quality mfg. vs cheap cheap low end quality!

• 2014-09-16 02:08

Ok AKA 47,, , sp basher.
Stop complaining bout the camera since thus is a excellent Sony mid range!

• 2014-09-16 02:04
  • IbxF

> In reply to Ralphi @ 2014-09-11 16:01 from 2@rr - click to readSure Ralphi! Can you please let me know how? From India

• 2014-09-16 00:18
  • vGwQ

> In reply to Ralphi @ 2014-09-12 07:52 from 2@rs - click to readStuck with this buggy update on my xperia SP.
I’m damn sure that I will never buy any Sony product and will never recommend it to my friends/colleagues. Was using Neo V and made a big mistake by upgrading to this phone. Well Chinese phone makers are far better than Sony in all aspects (value and promise)
As promised Sony has not provided the kitkat update and has withdrawn the plans to do so.
Few of the problems that I have noticed.
• Touch screen struggles to recognize touch when phone’s charging
• So called walkman does not play WMA media , shows up all the audio files in a single page (no folder wise selection , I got a 32GB card installed)
• Sometimes the phone thinks that earphones are still connected and the earphone icon does not appear in the status bar
• Camera fails to save the previous shooting mode (reverts to stupid superior mode though the earlier selection was manual)
• Too many bloat ware and unnecessary RAM consumption
• Only 839 MB of RAM available for usage
• Ringtone assigned to a contact defaults back after few days (Just don’t know why)
• New 3.5mm jack standard, unable to use few of my old earphones
• And finally now no Kitkat update , Please don’t fool customers by making fake promises

• 2014-09-16 00:16
  • vGwQ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-14 09:50 from pJ7W - click to readCamera is bad and especially bad in low light conditions. It's the way it is made and the best code couldnt make it better. Cam is one of many downfalls of Xperia SP.

I know this dont help, but clears things at least and keeps you from looking fot a solution that doesnt exist.

• 2014-09-15 21:49
  • pW48

guyz please i want help..When I put any color for led lamp in order to enlighten when it comes to message .. I fabricators any color, such as blue and see when a message comes belive that enlighten white color I made ​​everything which lasted White and Blue when tandoor fabricators period and then returns the first such tandoor White please i want help thanks

• 2014-09-15 17:50
  • ft4p

Stuck with this buggy update on my xperia SP.
Few of the problems that I have noticed.
• Touch screen struggles to recognize touch when phone’s charging
• Too many bloat ware and unnecessary RAM consumption
• Only 839 MB of RAM available for usage
• New 3.5mm jack standard, unable to use few of my old earphones

• 2014-09-15 17:34
  • ijMA

> In reply to muggy @ 2014-09-14 20:29 from uws{ - click to readwill they release firmwere updates after .207 update?

• 2014-09-15 13:41
  • XjfT

At last there is no update for kitkat for our Sony xperia sp... The Sony representative told me in the chat... I just contacted xperia care... They only release frimware support for our phone

• 2014-09-14 20:29
  • uws{
Total of 9941 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia SP.