Sony Xperia SP - user opinions and reviews

8.3
8.2
8.2
1929

Is xperia sp really a bad one?I'm planning to buy it but im in confusion now after reading the reviews.. so I need an honest answers from u all...please help!

• 2014-08-08 06:44
  • U@H1

> In reply to XperiaSp™ @ 2014-08-07 16:20 from i5x7 - click to readDude,
Does these dock applications need bluetooth enabled music system or it enhance internal speaker volume ?

• 2014-08-08 06:38
  • vGFQ

I want you ask you that can you please tell me how too take a screenshot in xperia sp bcoz after update there is no option of screenshot in my phone so please just help me out.

• 2014-08-08 04:50
  • rAU9

> In reply to Vanna @ 2014-08-07 16:01 from kx@G - click to readWhat retailer did you Buy the.Highly sought.after Midrange Sony Cell?

• 2014-08-08 00:02
  • IbxE

guns and guys here at the community who loves music have you guys tried using android speaker dock? it's the perfect partner for our xperia SP, you can dock your xperia sp on the speaker dock and listen to music, it's best if you can keep the light illuminating on your phone it will look better. you can place it in your living room or bedroom. try the philips fidelio AS140 or SONR Labs android dock or sonic gear mini dock. check it guys.

• 2014-08-07 16:20
  • i5x7

I bought phone and exactly 16 days it died and had to be sent it in for repair.

• 2014-08-07 16:01
  • kx@G

> In reply to guns @ 2014-08-07 11:37 from vGFQ - click to readwell can't really blame you on how you feel at least i don't have the lagging issue anymore, we really have no choice but to live with it until the time we can upgrade to another phone. ;) for now we just need to make the most out of our Xperia Sp

• 2014-08-07 15:56
  • i5x7

Well, I'm using this phone from one month & find this satisfactory in terms of normal use.
Using this phone with stamina mode gives a very good battery life but as I play games like candy crush the battery drains very fast with heating the back of the phone. It also lacks it's performance while playing games. As I close a game or any app like Google chrome, then screen flashes & icons went invisible for a while.

Touch is also not so much smooth, you've to press the screen a lil bit while making a selection.

Upgraded version of android 4.3 makes it light & impressive more than 4.1 or 4.2.

But i can recommend this phone to anyone who is looking phones in this range.

• 2014-08-07 15:43
  • vaUE

Its been one year of my sp but still no app to sd feature. No problem now i can root my phone no worry about warrenty. I have used t2 with kitkat update and i realise its useless for me because u cant use ur sd card for coping,moving or downloading. u always need a pc to do so. Even xender is not working for flash tranffer.

• 2014-08-07 14:06
  • vb8U

> In reply to XperiaSp™ @ 2014-08-07 11:21 from i5x7 - click to readfew of the reasons why i am disappointed and ( tired of convincing my self owner of best mid-range phone )

1) bad memory management ( have to disable many apps )
2) touch is horrible sometimes specially when playing subway surfer / temple run when trying to take turn, it jumps ( you won't believe )
3) lagging problem still
4) Camera ... what you mentioned is also one issue.
But surely now cannot change as i paid decent amount for this phone. so at least i have to use for a year and half i suppose.

• 2014-08-07 11:37
  • vGFQ

> In reply to guns @ 2014-08-07 07:35 from vGFQ - click to readguns aren't you happy with your xperia sp? i'll say the camera on this phone is not great, there may be the screen issue where it goes yellow for 3 secs but will return to normal afterwards but apart from those I'm very happy with mine , i think? :)

• 2014-08-07 11:21
  • i5x7

Did any one got .207 update..?
Pls let me know.

• 2014-08-07 09:04
  • fCx{

soon used mobile market will be flooded with X SP and packed pieces will be returned to Sony unsold.
really agree. we all are SP ( silly people ) who bought this phone.

• 2014-08-07 07:35
  • vGFQ

any body got the new update can u tell how is it =))

• 2014-08-07 07:15
  • 8yQf

Ive had this phone for 8 months... It is laggy and i have had to manually reset it at least 6 times.
The camera is often unresponsive with snaopchat, the cameria is subpar quality. The battery life is short but its liveable.

After this recent update it lags horribly, Everything crashes... It can take me 10 minutes from putting in my password to replying to a text. like WTF.

I dont know if mine is just defective. but since they wont fix it my point still stands....

It's 4/10...
I wont be buying a sony phone again.

• 2014-08-07 02:53
  • Y1i1

It's 4/10...
I wont be buying a sony phone again.

• 2014-08-07 02:52
  • Y1i1

Even xolo got move to SD card option for there 12k mobile with 8gb variant, install many games without a problem,we are screwed, without this feature xperia sp means xperia for (Silly people-sp)

• 2014-08-06 21:16
  • sSKQ

Nice phone with design & good features too!

• 2014-08-06 18:10
  • ncEK

> In reply to guns @ 2014-08-06 08:23 from vGFQ - click to readExactly !! Even the miranger M2 gonna get the kitkat update.This is rude because sp is a much better device than m2 when it comes to performance.& the price of xsp is available just for 15k or so on flipkart which makes xsp the king of all midrangers (xcept mi3 which we can hardly get even if u have 15k ready to buy for).

• 2014-08-06 17:43
  • utX7
Total of 9635 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia SP.