Sony Xperia SP - user opinions and reviews

8.2
8.0
8.1
2077

> In reply to StephenNg95 @ 2015-02-01 18:35 from uC4a - click to readTry to switch off your Xperia Sp for 10 minutes and turn on again. Mine is working well and is really smooth. U need to let the phone rest

• 2015-02-06 13:49
  • IV@S

> In reply to iqbal @ 2015-02-05 07:14 from mFiw - click to readJust open the Back cover and press red off button present near sim card slot the phone vibrates three times and restarts...

• 2015-02-05 15:29
  • KICN

my sony experia sp device is hang it can not open and can not re start & reset how to solve this problem.

• 2015-02-05 07:14
  • mFiw

What does GENERIC FIEMWARE and OPTIMIZED FIRMWARE mean.... with one is original and how to essurw the firmware is original...kindly explain this

• 2015-02-03 20:21
  • KIgu

> In reply to batery? @ 2015-02-03 11:40 from rAQR - click to readI am not aware of any solution to the issue as such. One thing I have noticed is that sometimes, while using the phone for something, the battery percentage suddenly stops falling and remains stuck at that level for a while. This normally happens when the battery is above 40%, and after that the battery suddenly drains (especially during standby) when the level goes below 40%. Hence I just put the phone to charge once the battery touches 10-15% and not wait for it to go down to 4% or so.

• 2015-02-03 17:38
  • 7j$@

> In reply to fayazrinaf @ 2015-02-03 08:06 from 2A4h - click to readitz working bro after update!!

• 2015-02-03 15:44
  • Hx2E

Anyone here kindly guude me about New system update 12.1.A.1.205...???

• 2015-02-03 11:53
  • KIDx

> In reply to spaceman_k11 @ 2015-02-03 07:35 from rA6Z - click to readDo you still have that problem?
Or is this any solution to sort out this batery issue??

• 2015-02-03 11:40
  • rAQR

> In reply to spaceman_k11 @ 2015-02-02 19:37 from rANR - click to readthat's a good choice, good thing you were able to get one, it's kinda hard to get one of those, hope you'll have fun with your new phone I'm also having a good time with my Z1 at the moment with Sony's UI. it looks like we'll be enjoying our new phones now.

• 2015-02-03 09:49
  • i5x7

Guys pls dnt update d walkman application, after d update ur illumination bars wont work, pls dnt update

• 2015-02-03 08:06
  • 2A4h

> In reply to batery? @ 2015-02-02 18:23 from rAQI - click to readThat is one bug which even I have faced on the .205 firmware. Once the battery was 11% and a few seconds later it became 4% and just after that the phone got discharged. I have faced this issue several times and I noticed it happens only when the battery has fallen below 40%.

• 2015-02-03 07:35
  • rA6Z

> In reply to spaceman_k11 @ 2015-02-02 19:37 from rANR - click to readGoodnight friend as I root the 4.3 jelly bean sp please

• 2015-02-03 05:29
  • 8GwQ

Thanks sony
It is relevant to say that the new music app won't stop even while playing games or any intense activities. Beat light stopped but that was not working before too.only when u open music it would flicker,when display is off it stops flickering.
To see it flicker why don't you download the app from playstore.

• 2015-02-03 04:32
  • rAfu

Now am updated 4.3 worst camera quality.how to rectify the problem

• 2015-02-02 23:07
  • rKaW

> In reply to cris @ 2015-01-31 02:04 from sxtH - click to readYeah exactly! What the f***!!! The light beat effects were the iconic feature of Xperia SP and after the new update for Walkman it just stopped working? very disappointing to see that first, they abandoned the kitkat and the lollipop version of android to this handset and now THIS? >:/....FIX it Sony!!!! ASAP

• 2015-02-02 20:09
  • YQUr

> In reply to XperiaSp™ @ 2015-02-02 15:17 from i5x7 - click to readNice mate, even I have upgraded to a oneplus one after being rather dissatisfied with sp's performance. And the cyanogen mod interface is also just brilliant.

• 2015-02-02 19:37
  • rANR

Anyone Havn a problem with battery?
Today when I was using mobile,batery was 7 %and then directly showed as 0% battery before it switched off...
This is the first tym I hav this problem,I still can't believe, coz battery has been amazing since the start
Anyone else Havn any issues...? Like heavy users

• 2015-02-02 18:23
  • rAQI

I have now bought another phone Xperia Z1, and i'm now enjoying fast UI. and no lags at all. will soon be selling my Xperia Sp. It's been a nice Ride but it's time for it to retire and hope you guys enjoy your SP or go and upgrade to another phone. see ya

• 2015-02-02 15:17
  • i5x7

Ignoring all the BAD reviews Finally I had taken the decision to experience XSP personally...So 2 days back I bought this phone in RED for about 150 USD, It is Running on 4.1.2 with firmware 12.0.A.2.254,so far My experience is Good.
DESIGN,DISPLAY,SOUND,PERFORMANCE,BATTERY is Good.and no comments on LED STRIP....it looks always awesome..:)
Camera is good in daylight but average in low light( in 150 USD I think it would be OK)
I have encountered only one problem that was "THE PHONE RESTARTS WHILE DOING ANTUTU BENCHMARK"
but this problem was occurred with ANTUTU 4 & 5... antutu 3 ran without any problem...then I installed antutu 4 again and "COSTUME BENCHMARK & UNCHECK CPU" antutu 4 completed without restarting it....I don't know whats the problem but i think it is software issue not hardware here anyone knows the reason please tell me.
OTHER then that every thing id fine gaming,call quality sound everything is AWESOME...
I have also got the notification of NEW SYSTEM UPDATE (12.1.A.1.205)...Its size is abiout 406 MB SO guys please guide me should I go for it or keep stay on current firmware...thanks

• 2015-02-02 15:07
  • KIDx

This was my last phone from Sony....like many said before the poor update ruined the whole experience....I think Sony just gave up on mid range devices...the m2 is also a very rubbish phone, worse than sp....for those who may be interested, I suggested look somewhere else...after this I had motor get, miles better than the sp, and now an Alcatel one touch idol x+, much better than this Sony....

• 2015-02-01 23:26
  • pqSy
Total of 10621 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia SP.