Sony Xperia SX SO-05D - user opinions and reviews

Sony

6.9
6.8
6.9

17 months on.. and still... Dame perfect phone if there is such a thing! I dropped it and there is a little dent on the frame, which really frustrates and upsets me... I would love to get it exchanged with a new SX. Looks a really professional device.

• 2014-02-27 00:06
  • gA9a

how i can do hard reset my sonyexperia so-05D

• 2014-02-24 17:00
  • KIwb

This is the phone that Sony forgot to release internationally. I would of purchased it the first day it went to market if it had the correct bands for Australia. I would still buy it today if it was released. this phone with KitKat would fill a huge hole in the market for a small but powerful phone. Wake up Sony! your new "compact" is too big.

• 2014-02-16 00:29
  • bJxN

GSM Arena, may you please review this phone, people craving about it, even 1,5 year after release.

• 2014-02-10 12:12
  • mnSi

Hi im from El Salvador, i have one SX SO-05D unlocked, its very fast, fully function in gsm 850 and hsdpa 850 bands.

• 2014-01-26 17:21
  • Lx@N

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-26 04:53 from K8{w - click to readhow do you root it?
and why i don't get it?

• 2013-12-01 08:35
  • fq9L

> In reply to ThMoJe @ 2013-05-31 10:00 from 3iqn - click to read@ThMoJe - so it works in Europe on 2G & 3G? I presume you had to decode it first? I want to order it from Japan and just want to know if it can be used in Europe. Thanks.

• 2013-11-29 15:04
  • Tt0D

if any one knows, if this phone has talking caller ID, i mean anounce the caller name or number ????

• 2013-11-28 03:15
  • jSHv

I have got the sx, its the perfect size, and light. Wish more phones where this size. Its a fast and with 850Mb of user ram, so its good enough to use as a daily driver. The screen is very sharp with good color reproduction. Only issue is the cpu drains the battery when its at 100% load, you can get around this with rooting. Its a discontinued product with the Z1f replacing it, but Z1f is as big as a galaxy s2, 127mm x 64.9mm x 9.4mm, so its not small.

• 2013-11-26 04:53
  • K8{w

> In reply to Shubhs108 @ 2013-09-30 23:11 from 3xAN - click to readNO... we wany a sub 4" phone, this is the point of wanting the SX

• 2013-11-12 14:51
  • 2mfM

I want this phone..!! You must add GLONASS in your specs
Full data sheet http://dl-developer.sonymobile..._SX_WP_4.pdf

• 2013-10-18 22:00
  • 61BK

They did something similar with a w995 style slide phone in the past! It had a 1ghz processor and 12mp camera! The best slider we had was w995 while japan got this beast! Xperia Z1 mini would be a big hit as samsung hasnt got a handset with specs like z1 f yet! My xperia T will be my last xperia if sony dont make Z1-f available in uk! I dont want a 5inch screen and 720p is just fine!

• 2013-10-10 22:29
  • 39xW

Don't worry mate if you check Xperia blog there's evidence from NTT DoCoMo that Sony are releasing a mini version of the Z1 just search it up it's called the Sony Xperia Z1f. Basically it has all of the specifications of the Z1 but it has a smaller 2300mAh battery, 4.3 inch 720p display and is 9.4mm thick. Here's the thread guys: http://www.xperiablog.net/2013...-specs-leak/

• 2013-09-30 23:11
  • 3xAN

> In reply to Nick @ 2013-08-24 22:15 from 4nyx - click to readI had the P before, but sent it back because with maximum brightness, everything yellow went to green, really terrible.
I think it is problem of the *white magic* and can not be fixed.

• 2013-09-14 09:03
  • nbR1

I found an offer on amazon.co.jp for about 350$, pink version.
has someone any idea about unlocking it and international shipping maybe?

• 2013-09-14 08:58
  • nbR1

Now this seems like the thing to replace my Xperia Ray with. What's the deal with Sony? The small form-factor properly featured handset market in the western world is still an unfilled niche. And apparently the hardware pretty much would exist...

• 2013-09-11 06:41
  • niUX

> In reply to Nick @ 2013-08-24 22:15 from 4nyx - click to readIt really does depend on what you mean by a little gaming.

I do not recommend this phone for the battery Life. Its simply awful. Bluetooth is useless as won't last more than 4 h on full charge.

Camera is too narrow angle.

Else no complaints, but please be warned, battery is extremely poor for daily use unless voice calls.

I've had this phone for 4 months now

• 2013-09-02 13:12
  • dQpi

a wasted opportunity by sony . this is the best android I have ever seen . 95g only . they say Japanese keep the best for themselves !

• 2013-08-28 00:32
  • 7tI@

Hi, I wanna buy a new cellphone, but I can't decide between the SX SO-05D and the Sony Xperia P. Which is better?
which one do you suggest i.e., which one would you buy?

Also, does the battery (for both of them) really drain as fast as everybody is saying or these people just leave a lot of Apps running and forget about them?
Does it last at least a day?
I mean, if I charge it at night, can I use it the whole next day (average using*) and then charge again in the night? Or the battery is gonna die in the afternoon?
*by average using I mean a couple of short phone calls, some messages, a few pictures, a couple of short videos, a little snapchatting and what's up messaging, maybe a little gaming...

• 2013-08-24 22:15
  • 4nyx
Total of 406 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia SX SO-05D.