Sony Xperia T - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.1

> In reply to Rajeshbond @ 2013-07-26 16:27 from utp@ - click to readYes battery is awesome don't worry...

• 2013-07-27 18:52
  • S35r

> In reply to rasu @ 2013-07-27 00:22 from tjKE - click to readXperia V has only 4.3 inch screen though - but - is actually lighter than xperia T! Also I keep hearing about the 'SLEEP OF DEATH' on xperia T and V! Does it happen on 4.1.2? I know it can happen on 4.0.4, is their a update to fix this? Im running .40 version with the walkman bug fix but what is .41. For? Is it just a regional variation?

• 2013-07-27 10:37
  • 39x{

> In reply to Rajeshbond @ 2013-07-26 16:27 from utp@ - click to readTurn off any processes that are not needed, like GPS and WiFi when not using. Keep screen brightness as low as you can manage and switch off that auto brightness. Mine is used at 50% brightness. Gaming and browsing do affect battery drain very much so. Standby time is great, also kill any unused apps and clear the cache on as much as you can. I use fast reboot and app cache cleaner. Turn off touch vibration as well. Batterry drain will always be an issue when the screen is on because it is quite big and remember that it's a 720phd screen so there's a lot of pixels that are being used. I'm happy with my xperia t because I got it for under half the brand new price. I wouldn't have been happy with the battery life if I'd paid full. Still it's great for everything else. I had my phone on standby while I was out and the battery was still 100% 2HOURS after charge. So to preserve battery, do the things I've mentioned and remember to keep display brightness to a minimum as this is the battery killer.

• 2013-07-27 10:31
  • 39x{

> In reply to Mebs @ 2013-07-26 23:03 from fmRb - click to readNO.V and Z are waterproof.

• 2013-07-27 00:22

is Xperia T waterproof?

• 2013-07-26 23:03
  • fmRb

> In reply to shyyawn @ 2013-07-21 05:52 from 6Q9U - click to readHi Shyyawn
Glad to see whatever i think about this mob,but i hardly worrying about the buttery backup.. when i use the mob for few min the battery points get low very quickly, i even decreased the display brightness in 1'st point, i'm very new to the android so may be my fault that cant handle the android.. can you give some idea for consuming the battery... thanks in advance

• 2013-07-26 16:27
  • utp@

After upgrading it to 4.1 will it works smoothly without any problem

• 2013-07-26 12:19
  • X0{n

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-25 07:04 from K6mw - click to readno.charger also not working.ywhy is it happen??

• 2013-07-26 06:08
  • Mfx5

is it support otg(on the go) cable?

• 2013-07-25 07:04
  • K6mw

> In reply to Oussaine A @ 2013-07-23 12:57 from 38em - click to readMy old xperia lww did this but was solved by removing battery! Obviously you cant remove battery in xperia t so I suggest to close apps when not in use so you can avoid the phone crashing!

• 2013-07-24 12:56
  • 39x{

> In reply to Usman9211 @ 2013-07-09 02:28 from 3Nux - click to readOne rumor is that Sony will skip 4.2.2 for lots of phones and go directly to 4.3. This is likely to apply to Xperia L and SP and some others. Xperia T/TX/V may not get any more updates at all, 4.1.2 is already very good. Bugfixes may still come but an android upgrade is not that likely for these 3 "not so great" devices.

• 2013-07-23 21:35
  • Kg$C

This morning i returned My Xperia T for the 2 time in a month. I got this phone 2 months ago. 2 times the same problem: SLEEP OF DEATH. on 2 DIFFERENT PHONES, Yes they gave me a new one after i returned it for the first time, thats what they claim though. Sony says they cant even fix it themselves. you just have to be lucky with the device :). I'm sure i wont return it for the 3rd time. If the problem isnt fixed this time, they'll pay me back. I bought this phone 2 months ago, could use it for 2 weeks, 6 weeks of reparation :). Well done Sony

• 2013-07-23 12:57
  • 38em

> In reply to Dr miad @ 2013-07-21 18:38 from uNVL - click to readI have the same problem. I have enough of that shit. Returned my T today for the SECOND TIME. YES SECOND TIME. A lot of people are facing problems with the T but Sony is just ignoring us.

• 2013-07-23 12:34
  • 38em

> In reply to rasu @ 2013-07-23 00:17 from tjKE - click to readYes when screen brightness is high - which it normally is so I can enjoy the graphics! Standby is excellent but this phone seriously needs bigger battery for its screen size!!!!

• 2013-07-23 07:49
  • 39x{

> In reply to james79 @ 2013-07-21 11:37 from 3Jn} - click to readI bought this phone 2 months earlier. Yup graphics is good, didn't face significant lag. But the battery issue is horrible.Playing games for about one hour drains almost 40-50% charge. Do you face the same problem?

• 2013-07-23 00:17
  • tjKE

> In reply to Dr miad @ 2013-07-21 18:38 from uNVL - click to readI once faced such problem as the power suddenly went off while updating my phone.I repaired the phone with pc companion and then it was all okay again. If PC companion recognizes the device you can try repairing

• 2013-07-23 00:08
  • tjKE

I bought xperia T. still i am using it. it really awesome. xperia t is so fast. i feel so happy.

• 2013-07-22 06:12
  • XNi%

Anyone face Sony xperia t dead issue?(cell won't turn on,and not charging??)

• 2013-07-21 18:38
  • uNVL

> In reply to shyyawn @ 2013-07-21 05:52 from 6Q9U - click to readPerformance is actually very good on gaming at present! Runs shadowgun deadzone on ultra high graphics with minimal lag! SP is more future proof! Xperia t is previous sony flagship so it will have a more premium feel to it than sp! Only problems in xperia t I found are buggy walkman (now fixed with .40 and .41 updates, fast battery consumption for gaming, very slow charging ( if playing games while charging, the battery hardly charges at all), awkward buttons but perfect to hold in left hand, and finally touch problems when using google search. Never had a forced reboot, ram is sufficient and adreno 225 make for great gaming. Adreno 225 is actually faster than newer adreno 305, but not as good as 320. Deadtrigger 2 when its released could be a real test even for adreno 320! Awsome graphics on youtube trailer! I would advise against paying for xperia t at new price and suggest to buy 2nd hand as its specs are not worth £300 - 400 ! Me I got mine for £210 in mint condition and now are only £190 used! Great phone!

• 2013-07-21 11:37
  • 3Jn}

I bought Sony Xperia T on Friday (2 days ago). And I am really happy with the device. Mine is upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1.2.

First of all the camera is great. I have set the Camera key to shoot photo directly, instead of just loading the camera app. And the result of the 13 MP camera is great.

Secondly, Sony's UI is lovely, better than Samsung UX in small ways. E.g. The Photo Album App (very organized), The Task Manager, The Contacts Section, The SMS app.

The body. Incredible to handle. I mean the soft back (I don't know what material that is) feels really comfy and the curve really hugs my hand. There is the matter of the volume keys, they are kinda, placed at an awkward place. But the built is why I bought this, simply a pleasure to hold the set,

The display, I know Amoled vs LCD is preference based. But this device's display shows pictures with great colors. It doesn't have deep blacks, but I like how the pictures are bright and realistic.

I hate it's speaker. If you play a movie, the sound is quite low, you'll definitely have to use earphones.

:) I basically had to choose between Xperia T and Xperia SP. Xperia SP which is basically nearly twice in performance than the Xperia T and way more battery backup, and almost the same price but SP has an ordinary camera and doesn't feel/look as good as T.

I went for the better camera and better feel/look. It may seem I compromised a lot (performance, battery life, gorilla glass) but to tell you the truth, I'd rather have a set that I like, even if it isn't the best hardware on the planet. I realized this due to Galaxy SII Plus and Galaxy Nexus. (Latest Android or Great Hardware) isn't worth anything, if you don't find the set comfortable to use.

Before the Xperia T, I had Samsung SII Plus, Samsung Nexus, Samsung Nexus S, HTC Desire, HTC HD 2 (rooted with Android).

So far Xperia T is the best device I have used.

• 2013-07-21 05:52
  • 6Q9U
Total of 1809 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia T.