Sony Xperia tipo - user opinions and reviews

Sony

6.5
6.3
6.3

I bought sony xperia tipo single sim on July 2013.

It works fine. Good battery backup. If I use it for talking purpose alone (~20min per day) in 2G mode the battery stands for almost 6.5 (six and a half) days. And almost 2 days with frequent usage of internet, apps, games along with increased call durations.

Excellent in radio, music, picture and camera clarity. Provides seamless internet with good network coverage. I made video chatting with 2G network speed which is very nice. Well this mobile does not have a secondary camera, but i tried with primary camera.
Internet with 3G mode is also excellent. Wi-fi receiving coverage distance seems to be a little bit less when compared with one of my friend's other company mobile.

Speakers and microphone are good. Ear speaker is excellent for conversation, but not in speaker mode(needs calm surroundings to listen).

Internal storage is enough. I've installed lot of apps but it does not make any hanging issues.
Most apps are running fine. But facing troubles with subway surfers even after killing all apps. Hardware requirements may not be good enough.

Initially i face trouble in galley. Like after transferring pictures/musics from PC, It does not gets updated in mobile even after properly removing from PC. I can't find any refreshing options in the mobile. Needs to restart it. But, nowadays i am not facing this issue.

Launchers other than the pre-installed one, drains a little more battery charge.

• 2014-11-27 16:00
  • U{wL

Its almost being 2 yrs wid my tipo.
Cute, handy, gud display(claritywise in a 3.2") , gud for music,
But gets hang in between, only while using multiple apps simultaneously.
No sort f gamin platform or application launchpad.
Happy to hav it :-)

• 2014-11-22 10:09
  • uwEW

now a days ,tipo is not perform well..from these days i am totally disappointed about the sony tipo's performance....it is outdated one....

• 2014-11-14 17:30
  • uwTk
  • F

The xperia tipo is very good android phone, so I also want 2 see xperia tipo 2, with 1.5 GHz dual core processor, 5MP camera with flash, 3.6 inch HD screen 4GB internal with 1GB of RAM and also front facing 1MP camera, multi touch, 3G with 21 mbps speed Wi-fi with 1800 MAh battery.

• 2014-11-14 15:06
  • Pxhf

please my phone goes on and off sometimes wen am accessing an application,could that be a fault.

• 2014-11-07 15:17
  • Nw%g

reisntal and new install

• 2014-11-04 18:54
  • LiqQ

My tipo is not sending sms and whatsapp msg.may u help me to solve this problem

• 2014-11-04 02:25
  • 0wqU

> In reply to astroyet @ 2014-07-19 13:22 from PSv0 - click to readIt will screenshot

• 2014-11-02 00:16
  • nFTk

high sar value !!!!!!!!

• 2014-10-24 08:08
  • uuTM

How to get reply from the sim operators of the duration of the call and its cost

• 2014-10-18 18:39
  • U{hX

Xperia Tipo is very nice lookig, slick smart phone. Considering that everyone is moving toward bigger screen, this phone is very tiny, means handy, especially dring travel/vacation that can fit into any pocket.
Althiugh android version is still in 4.0 ice cream, it has almost any language supported.
Yes, the internal storage has limitted size, but good enough for almost anything, I even use it for Gps navigation with offline map stored in external SD card.
One important thing I have to say is, on very first day I purchased and start using it, I noticed something is wrong, it was so hard to use on touch screen, appeared to be too sensitive on some area, on the other area, no responce.... so drugging down icon was impossible, typing was not fun... but after I searched on net, it is very common and easy to fix. (basically, by some reason, touch screen needs calibration) by one file TouchFWTools.apk. after calibration has done, it works perfectly.

• 2014-10-16 14:32
  • 4XRx

Only good in music

• 2014-10-13 08:56
  • RILx
  • F

I've been using this phone for two years, and for basic purposes, such as phone call, messages, chat and mobile browsing. It's snappy enough if you don't install too many RAM hungry applications, such as multiple chat apps. A big no for games, but if you insist, you can maybe play casual games. Don't bother on the camera, it is as it is. The audio is loud and clear, thanks to Sony xLOUD. The screen is mediocre, but acceptable. Too bad Sony doesn't make 3" smartphone anymore, that was the main reason I bought this phone: small and gorgeous.

• 2014-10-10 19:20
  • PFxf

I have SONY XPERIA tipo
and showing SIM network unlock PIN
how can I get this problem

• 2014-10-10 07:01
  • PF9t

in my sony tipu dual sim not working

• 2014-10-07 19:12
  • uuj0

> In reply to ranjith @ 2014-10-06 12:31 from ttYV - click to readcalibrate with some appropriate tools

• 2014-10-07 11:57
  • NXWf

my sony tipo often getting touch problem and hang out. how can i solve this problem?

• 2014-10-06 12:31
  • ttYV

communications AB SE-221 88 lund. sweden

• 2014-09-28 23:00
  • fvax

whats app is missing in my display what to do.

• 2014-09-17 14:03
  • t}c$
Total of 4811 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia tipo.