Sony Xperia tipo - user opinions and reviews

Sony

6.4
6.3
6.2

> In reply to rjvsinha @ 2012-09-19 10:40 from uvpX - click to readif the optimus l3 can run these games then the gchat should be able to do that too but I can't say anything for sure. Keep watching videos on youtube. people generally post videos of games on their phones. you should wait for sometime until those videos are posted. the videos will also show which game runs fast and which one doesn't. I think the tipo will be better for games because of the higher res and a known GPU but just wait for the videos and then you will be able to decide.

• 2012-09-19 10:48
  • v{S%

> In reply to dp @ 2012-09-19 10:20 from v{S% - click to readI am planning to buy Galaxy chat!!
Can it run games like Temple Run,Need for speed,fruit ninja ?

• 2012-09-19 10:40
  • uvpX

It's really good phone i bought it yesterday. and i still learning to use it. i don't know how to delete folder :D and browse files in phone memory...

• 2012-09-19 10:34
  • Mu8S

Can any one make me clear which is best one, htc explorer or xperia tipo? Pls guide me. I gonna purchase a phone this week. I'm little bit confused with these two phones.

• 2012-09-19 10:33
  • U{Ej

> In reply to rish- @ 2012-09-19 10:03 from SdsE - click to readthanks for the link. it really is a cortex A9. Other users can see this link http://www.broadcom.com/produc...ors/BCM21654 the processor mentioned here specifies an integrated GPU as well. A cortex A9 in such price range is absolutely brilliant and this explains clearly why the gchat runs ICS very smoothly. well I think this discussion is shifting people away from the tipo.

• 2012-09-19 10:20
  • v{S%

> In reply to [deleted post]it has an arm v7 Broadcom BCM21654 chipset .

it is cortex a9 and has power iv gpu. gpu in galaxy y was also power iv gpu but it has a upgraded and enhanced version of the gpu. but since broadcomm chip is very rarely used hence there is very less support for it for games. hence most f the games dont run that well. it also has gloanass.

• 2012-09-19 10:03
  • SdsE

Hey guys this phone is awesome experience on watching videos and surfing internet

• 2012-09-19 10:02
  • U@Jc

> In reply to [deleted post]yes an A9 core will probably not be present on a phone in this price range. maybe its an A5 core. 800 or 850 is the same if you compare it to the tipo. Still its good. and yes GLONASS is something which you can't expect in a phone of this range. probably the specs we see are not right. the main thing is the performance of the device and it runs ICS smoothly.

• 2012-09-19 09:57
  • v{S%

> In reply to th3D @ 2012-09-19 09:05 from vaNH - click to readit is an arm v7 because a video on youtube showed firefox running on it and another showed youtube videos playing in the browser which is not possible in ARM11 (or ARMv6). and yes GLONASS support is there. at least it is mentioned in the specs.

• 2012-09-19 09:35
  • v{S%

> In reply to rish- @ 2012-09-18 23:09 from SdsE - click to readYou are wrong, Galaxy Chat PROBABLY has no REAL GPU and its processor is Arm11. Its basically a Galaxy Pocket whn it comes to specs. The display is only 320x240, thats all it can handle without a GPU.

I like qwerty fones, the last 3-4 years all my fones been sideslider qwerty, N900, Desire Z and now last Xperia Pro, but my next high end unit will not be qwerty as no manufacturers are willing to launch a HD QWERTY SideSlider, Sony has even made a statement that they will not make a new one because "bigger full touch" is what is in demand now, QWERTY fones have become a niche,

AND THATS WHY SAMSUNG is not gonna release a qwerty Galaxy with good specs.

Edit: Glonass support is also very doubtful

• 2012-09-19 09:05
  • vaNH

Can i download themes in xperia tipo pls tell me it is important 4 me..

• 2012-09-19 09:01
  • U@kP

Can i download themes in xperia tipo pls tell me it is important 4 me..

• 2012-09-19 09:00
  • U@kP

i am planing to buy this phone in this month. plz tell me that can we move apps to the sd card...plz help me...

• 2012-09-19 08:34
  • uuk4

Can u please tell me about battery backup

• 2012-09-19 07:22
  • utxr

Very Nice Low Budget phone from Sony . .
i used it . .
and its Working nicely with ICS . .

• 2012-09-19 07:20
  • uu0X

> In reply to rish- @ 2012-09-18 23:09 from SdsE - click to readwell I want a physical keypad and I was waiting for this one. call me old fashioned but I like the feeling when I press some buttons. If I wouldn't have wanted the keypad then I would have waited. the price is also better and it is getting very good reviews unlike this one.

• 2012-09-19 07:18
  • v{S%

> In reply to dp @ 2012-09-18 20:39 from rKhZ - click to readthere is a gpu in samsung galaxy chat and also its processor is faster than tipo as it is cortex a9. galaxy y2 is around the corner , if you want full touch then you should wait for that ,else you can go for that ,also galaxy chat has GLONASS similar and in addition to GPS

• 2012-09-18 23:09
  • SdsE

> In reply to mike @ 2012-09-18 21:58 from LH44 - click to readyeah both tipo and htc explorer does not have compass sensors , also tipo does not have ambient light sensor , though explorer has that

• 2012-09-18 23:02
  • SdsE

hi friend iam planing buy tipo mobile ..but gsm arena said sar value is

SAR US 1.37 W/kg (head) 0.74 W/kg (body)
SAR EU 1.62 W/kg (head) 1.30 W/kg (body) .....i am confused please help me.what is risk?

• 2012-09-18 22:01
  • t}Sc

Sony xperia tipo ST21i have no built in digital compass. I bought it and i'm very disappointed. Check your list with tipo's specifications, at sensors, it's wrong.

• 2012-09-18 21:58
  • LH44
Total of 4725 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia tipo.