Sony Xperia tipo - user opinions and reviews

6.2

worthable

• 2012-09-14 16:52
  • utvg

People who are commenting about SAR values clearly don't understand what it is or how it works. Please read this: http://www.fcc.gov/guides/spec...it-means-you

• 2012-09-14 16:16
  • v0qZ

hi angel007 please reply regarding sound quality in earphones. as i told earlier i took my high quality headphones with me to check out the music quality in earphones in a sony store . i found out that the sound is very very low in earphones. if i were in a crowded place i am sure i wouldn't have heard it. so please tell us how do you find the sound quality in earphones ?

• 2012-09-14 15:24
  • Lf3D

Update: Xperia Tipo has 512 ram ( 428Mb user available Ram ). 754MB is phone memory( not ram ).

• 2012-09-14 14:48
  • t7sy

just saw a new unboxing video. the internal storage is 2.15 GB and for apps it is 754 MB out of which 608 MB is free. So don't think you have the whole 2GB+ storage space for your apps. For apps it is just 608 MB which is actually more than enough to install many apps. If you want you watch it for yourself on youtube.

• 2012-09-14 14:44
  • v{SS

What a week no Internet connection( box damage during heavy rain and lightning )...Posting Hands On Again, just ask what you want to ask.

• 2012-09-14 14:43
  • t7sy

Bharat its true,
I'll also choose my good helth instead of ics.

• 2012-09-14 14:24
  • rK1k

why no gsmarena review for xperia tipo??

• 2012-09-14 13:08
  • U@hg

is it dual sim

• 2012-09-14 12:56
  • rKg8

Does this phone hav timescape, notification light and video call?

• 2012-09-14 12:44
  • uB$5

> In reply to rish- @ 2012-09-14 11:37 from rKeF - click to readyes this is the problem with wp. apps can only be downloaded on the phone and not on the pc. BTW WP has also been unlocked and there are soft wares for the same but unlike android there are not many apps available for downloading to the pc. in Android u can download even paid apps from various websites and use them on your phone.

• 2012-09-14 12:04
  • v{SS

Well the only thing that puts me off against windows phone is that we cant get hacked paid apps. In android we can easily get a very good paid app like security apps, utility apps , hd games for free . But in wp we have to purchase it even a small game like angrY birds.

• 2012-09-14 11:37
  • rKeF

bought this phone last week and i think its quite slow it plays games ok but the time it takes from pressing write text or contacts takes a good few seconds sometimes, and ics is complete crap, no background data turn off so i keep getting facebook notifications when i dont want them, and camera aint too good, I should of bought huawei G300 instead for same price!

• 2012-09-14 11:23
  • mXCq

> In reply to rish- @ 2012-09-14 10:31 from Lf3D - click to readas far as droids are concerned Sony and htc are the most reliable companies. As far as the 710 is concerned, its awesome but if I would have had the money for it then why would I be commenting here. The 610 is a good phone for apps too. Around 5% of the apps don't work but that is okay. I'm not a mobile gamer. The PC is the best thing to play games on. This phone is the best in this price bracket but the sar value is a kind of a deal breaker. I might think about it if I don't get any good news in the next couple of months about a new droid. I was looking to buy it on dhanteras so I can wait for a couple of months. Frankly speaking there isn't any phone in this range which is even half as good. The Explorer is not that good and the desire c is a joke.

• 2012-09-14 11:02
  • v{SS

guys worried about sar value
should i buy or not????/

• 2012-09-14 10:50
  • utPI

> In reply to bharat @ 2012-09-14 10:12 from v{SS - click to readdont go with lumia 610 if you want then go for 710. most of the good apps wont work because it has 256 mb ram. if you want to use it as a feature phone like texting , calling and web browsing then it is very good smooth , fluid , good screen . but it is not a smartphone. go for 710 at least you will get windows 7.8 and all apps supported . but then at that price you can get xperia u . just wait for samsung lets see what they have in store for us . i really dont like the design of samsung though ,

• 2012-09-14 10:31
  • Lf3D

> In reply to Rish @ 2012-09-14 09:05 from Lf3D - click to readif it wasn't for the high sar value I would have brought it, but at this moment I'm not too sure about it. wp8 budget handsets will be launching next year but that's too far away and they won't even come in this price range, so I think I'll wait for a month or two and keep an eye on the news. Lets see what is going to launch in the next couple of months. See if Sony has launched a phone at this price and with these specs, the other companies are going to compete. I'll just buy the lumia 610 if the price goes down. The 3.7 inch screen and the high res is awesome. As far as the negative points go: I don't use bluetooth, apps are plenty now and what if the mass storage mode isn't there. I can install the zune software and store all I want. Plus the fluidity of WP is not there in even the best of the droids.

• 2012-09-14 10:12
  • v{SS

> In reply to bharat @ 2012-09-14 07:49 from v{SS - click to readbro how long will you wait ?
see bro at this price we will be getting msm7225a chip only . samsung will release galaxy y 2 which will have same specs as galaxy mini 2 , but if they release that then again it will be 8500 rs . see the price of mini 2 it is 230 $ so high and its not even launch in india. and if they try to cut cost they will give poor hardware just like they gave to old galaxy y at that time. the best option is Htc Explorer . sony has already released tipo and htc will never make any low end droid now, i dont trust lg. the differnce between tipo and xplorer is only battery life , internal memory and 200 mhz bump. if you root htc explorer you can install ics / jb cpu 800 mhz with good battery . or else wait for 6 months then in april may we will have dual core cpu in this price

• 2012-09-14 09:05
  • Lf3D

> In reply to rish- @ 2012-09-14 07:12 from rJJA - click to read@ rish, basically 2 type of earphones 1.OMTP, 2.CTIA. Now onwards sony uses CTIA. so u can use of any CTIA supported earphones. I preffer u either sony's MH650c or MDR-EX60LP.

• 2012-09-14 07:53
  • t}ur

I'll just wait for the next budget ICS droid. I don't understand one thing. Why was this handset allowed at this SAR value? Forget about 4-5 countries, 1.6 is the limit as far as I know and that too is not so good. I just read an article and a researcher says that the limit should be lowered to 1. This is really an eye opener. I won't put my health on the line for getting ICS.

• 2012-09-14 07:49
  • v{SS
Total of 4801 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia tipo.