Sony Xperia U - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.4
7.1
7.1

This mobile is the worst mobile i have ever seen. its limited memory will make ur life hell.and whenever u upgrade ur os it will defect some portion of mobile.may it be ur diplay,gprs or something else. i used to use that mobile. And blv me dont spend ur money on that mobile. Now its up to u.i hav e2 years expierence of using that mobile

• 2014-09-16 18:29
  • 7qyb
  • Please Listen To Me
  • Rating0

The Sony Xperia U was my first smartphone and allowed me to experience absolute worst in smartphone technology.

At first the phone was great, it was responsive and did the job. The charger that came with the phone however was the problem. The charger made a large screeching noise when charging that concerned me. So I sent the phone package back. The clerks were nice and exchanged my phone for a new Xperia U.

The second time was good for about 2 months. After this period the screen became glitchy and the unlock screen became difficult to use. I proceeded to change the touch settings to high which made my phone more glitchy. The operating system was crap, web pages would freeze, apps would freeze, everything would freeze.

When I tried to plug my phone to my mac I had to re install the Sony driver many times and when it finally started to work normally the micro USB - USB stopped responding. So at this point I still had a super loud screeching charger and a micro USB charger that was faulty.

The battery on the phone was largely problematic. I usually left for Uni at 5: 30 am and set my wake up alarm at 5am (details don't matter but I'm giving you a context). I set my alarm to the rooster bird alarm that was a default tone that came with the phone (The sound was alright on the phone) The phone became so awful it wouldn't allow me to snooze the alarm as the touch screen was so bad. It was even worst when I recieved calls, I couldn't send texts and could seldom answer calls. The battery would often do strange things, like dislodging itself from its sockets and never turning on and informing me that I had network issues all of a sudden in places where free wi-fi were strong and available.

I took every precaution to ensure the optimum performance of my phone. I bought a leather phone case that protected it from the shock damage of falls,never installed music, limited the amount of apps on my phone.
The camera was probably the only functioning device on the phone however due to the faulty touch screen I could seldom take photos and I was very early into the use of my hone unable to switch between the video and camera on the device. The size of the phone was pleasant and the sharpness I experienced was great (when I did experience it). The screen resolution could compete with higher ended phones on the market (but what's the point of having a nice touch screen to look at if it isn't responsive as a touch screen). When I looked to see the information on the device on Sony's own website 3 months into owning the seemingly reliable, mid-range phone I was not surprised to see it amongst the archived models no longer available for distribution. It would seem that Sony realised what a rip-off they had been selling to people and were eager to quietly end it quickly with the releases of their more high end models. I hear good things about Sony these days but I will never buy a Sony phone.

• 2014-09-15 08:20
  • vu5s

totally its nice like camera,display..bt install only necessary apps. when install more apps fon become hang and very slow.

• 2014-09-14 13:52
  • 7txc

after updating to 4.0 the gprs became disconnect.i cant connect to the internet using network so bad

• 2014-09-13 12:21
  • JA{b

faltu mobile phone. because here is no card solt and hang more.

• 2014-09-12 15:10
  • rAWM

> In reply to edgyj @ 2014-09-01 20:25 from amdj - click to readmine has always had problems when the battery has completely run out ... taking battery out for a few mins then putting on charge for a while lets you turn it back on again x

• 2014-09-11 22:10
  • 3aNf

> In reply to ravi @ 2014-08-20 04:04 from rAST - click to readits really worst phone ive eva used!
dnt at all go for tis phn!
it hangs so much tat u feel lik throwing it!
its utter waste of money
dnt eva buy sony fones
i tried all ways to improve its performance....by formating.....nt installing many apps...n worst u cant root sony since it might die!

• 2014-09-08 15:53
  • vbSL

> In reply to edgyj @ 2014-09-01 20:25 from amdj - click to readMost "soft" problems are fixed with a battery pull. Have you tried this?

• 2014-09-04 15:07
  • nUcV

Switched my sony xperia u phone off one night , can't switch it on again, anyone had the same problem? Any ideas ?

• 2014-09-01 20:25
  • amdj

This phone works great as long as you dont install many apps, after that it is slow as hell, And the sony is not giving it any updates after ics . So not much you get from this

• 2014-08-30 12:18
  • 2Sym

Go to xda developer and root this phone with CarbonROM Android Kitkat 4.4.4. Works like a charm after that with about 100MB RAM free most of the time. Only downside is WiFi Direct won't work and music over A2DP. Calls will work with A2DP. BE CAREFUL THOUGH AS IT WILL VOID WARRANTY AND IF NOT DONE PROPERLY CAN BRICK YOUR PHONE.

• 2014-08-29 14:45
  • 7tIC

very slow mobile. i hate this phne. cam is suberb qulity. betry life is so bad...

• 2014-08-29 08:00
  • XNpC

The very worst phone I have ever used. I owe not to buy any Sony mobile in future . It is a bullshit phone . Please don't purchase this for god sake .

• 2014-08-28 13:09
  • JLJ3

For me, not one of the best phones Sony made. Due to it's very low specs, for the time it came out it was already obsolete. Battery life is a joke, very very limited, no more than 5 hours.
The good things: the screen is awesome. Definition, colors, etc. Sound... well, through the external speaker don't expect HQ audio, but with powerful headphones, you'll notice good sound quality. One thing I must say, the screen is extremely strong and scratch resistant. I'm absolutely amazed with it.

• 2014-08-21 15:36
  • PuQR

> In reply to nil @ 2014-08-07 07:17 from u{Jh - click to readwhy this phone is bad???

• 2014-08-20 04:04
  • rAST

Xperia U is best for those who stay in a/c offices, homes and in cool places. It hangs in heat means when u stay outside for several hours. Hang during calls, msgs, playing games and run any application. after updating of facebook it hang.

FARIG HAI XPERIA U

• 2014-08-18 19:45
  • 6QnS

> In reply to Leo @ 2014-06-07 17:08 from bJb3 - click to readMr Leo .. Please don't believe all what you read. Both black and white come with same specifications and same system. Because, I bought a black phone whereas I found an extra bottom cap in white colour. . Then how do I take this ? Should I take that I bought a black phone or white phone? So the conclusion is that colours don't make any difference in Sony xperia u unless the manufacturers has some special mention about the colours. . All the best. . Go for any colours you prefer.

• 2014-08-17 10:06
  • a0a2
  • Abdullah AL-Qahtani
  • Rating0

its so lagy with ic 4.0

• 2014-08-15 14:53
  • aw3M

> In reply to siirosky @ 2014-08-14 11:53 from fsTy - click to readconnect it to your pc with an usb cable, but ics will drastically slow it down.
but if you can still use it though.

• 2014-08-14 16:29
  • JBmu

> In reply to Shapik the don @ 2014-07-30 19:10 from X0LP - click to readIt is not made for a heavy duty it's simple smartphones

• 2014-08-14 15:33
  • P%%v
Total of 8791 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia U.