Sony Xperia U - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.4
7.1
7.1

> In reply to serb guy @ 2015-04-06 14:23 from JKWA - click to readsir how can you upgrade it to lolipop i dont see any official upgrade for mobile please tell how you upgrade

• 2015-04-16 04:57
  • uZaR

i have this phone for 2 years...it has very low performance, but after i put in lollipop v5.0.2. this little thing become a monster..

p.s i can even play plants vs zombie 2 (1 gb RAM required)

• 2015-04-06 14:23
  • JKWA

> In reply to ghenceaRO @ 2015-04-05 11:43 from spuY - click to readHi,
You know there is any external SD Card ferctility,

• 2015-04-06 13:32
  • mT@F

I have this mobile since june 2012. Aside from the usual Sony low level camera video audio sound photos quality, it works ok on Gingerbread not ICS which is beyond its powers. Doesn't have any unusual simptoms or flaws. It only has 512MB RAM so don't expect miracles. Anyway, it's an old story by now so forget it. Many apps aren't even compatible with GB anymore so...check newer models.

• 2015-04-05 11:43
  • spuY

I'm using this phone since 2013 march. no issues till now. for this 2 years I'm using it almost 24*7 without any rest. no heat issues. make quality is brilliant.

• 2015-04-05 03:58
  • 7tEd

*sigh* I don't even know where to start from......my sister checked the quality of this phone and told me the reviews said it spoils after 6months, I dint believe! lo and behold within 4 months the screen stopped working, it started getting hot and freezing, it goes off by itself for days....my advice is...if you buy it spoil it and return it before your one year guarantee is over

• 2015-04-04 16:51
  • CDq0

don't buy this phone,
it always hangs,&
it get switch offs automatically in between the conversation,&
when you want to attend any important call phone gets stuck,
and if you are a gamer dont buy at all,
because all these are my experiences

• 2015-03-27 06:45
  • v$Dx

> In reply to tratu` @ 2015-03-23 09:59 from tU6q - click to readOfficial Sony ICS is exactly as described, in my experience. There's not a lot you can do about it, other than roll back to 2.3.7, which is officially a service centre operation, though is possible with flashtool, the appropriate rom (may depend on region) and a bit of luck (no rooting required).

• 2015-03-25 10:55
  • mgU5

after updated to 4.0.4 ICS, my phone is not working properly it got slow while try to access internet and processing of the other tasks
PLEASE HELP ME TO GET THE PROPER MAINTENANCE OF THE DEVICE

• 2015-03-23 09:59
  • tU6q

I have got mine rooted, and it's running on 4.04 ics, I've been using this for 7 months now, its really a cool fone

• 2015-03-14 21:42
  • fuvx

ummary of activity on your device.

Client version: 1.2.0.211 Device IMEI: 353561058558937

470031302671952

IMSI:

Account created: 19/08/2014 Activated: 19/08/2014 Last locked: 20minutesago Last backed up: N/A Last wiped: 14minutesago Last restored: N/A Buddy list:

Iv lost my mobile how can I gate back that

• 2015-03-09 22:35
  • uNVK

> In reply to jason @ 2015-02-06 08:43 from 7XuT - click to readJust go to "Setup Guide" and it's gonna ask u to download Internet bla bla bla and download it, after that it's gonna work! ^_^

• 2015-03-09 20:10
  • gChY

It is an OK smart phone, had mine from introduction, only quibbles are :
It needs a high current (~2 amps) USB charger initially, e.g. an 'Apple triangle' to start if the battery is empty. Lots of USB chargers wont start it from flat.
I probably need a new battery now but it still holds up for a day of use.
note I inhibit the Xmas tree light to save current, too embarrassing in tube trains aside from increased battery drain.

• 2015-03-05 13:31
  • 39xp

> In reply to has to happen to me @ 2014-09-29 17:55 from n5Ur - click to readHi
@
is it posable to take my contacts out of my phone or read on a laptop via usb?
@
Probably but I convert mine to the generic format and email to myself.
from contacts select option key
send contacts
mark all
etc.
Otherwise you back up to internal memory and copy internal memory to PC via USB

• 2015-03-05 13:11
  • 39xp

> In reply to Abgrosnan Abghjpawih @ 2014-11-28 08:43 from IVTC - click to readHi AA
You said
~
my XPERIA U ST25i,has lost their GOOGLE PLAY,so now its usless ,cannot open fb,whatsAPP ,everthing accept call or sms.In first place my hp cannot open,its was "jam" sys hp worker Shop,and i sent my hp to fix.after one month ,yap my hp on,but their aplication almost in chines language.and no google play.can some one help me with that
~
try the google store from a PC, you log in with your Google identity (from a browser) and google will send you phone updates unless there is other damage to the phone.
Note google play was not the original name but it (the 'play' app) should be updated to current version with your first update, you need to enable the synch and back ground data traffic in settings - accounts and synch, and need to enable data or WiFi data traffic.

• 2015-03-05 13:00
  • 39xp

I had wasted my money... Touch problem 2 times with warranty.. Even now there is touch problem and i have no money for repair... No sound for MP3... No camera clarity... F***k this Xperia U...

• 2015-03-04 14:19
  • uuT3

Been using this phone for 2 years..and nothing has happen ...its the best phone ever...and after flashing it to 4.4 KitKat...it runs smooth n hasn't give any problem till now....

• 2015-02-25 19:58
  • t}j9

I had to replace it's touchscreen twic,battery life is verry poor.and no updates available.don't buy this.

• 2015-02-22 03:14
  • iwpE

> In reply to Walker @ 2015-02-14 10:17 from ftKa - click to readI didn't get the touchscreen i just handed the faulty device to the Sony service center guys, the second time when the warranty had expired they charged me 3000 Indian rupees now its been six months the same problems have started.

• 2015-02-17 14:53
  • puhc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-02-07 15:46 from U{Jq - click to readGoto xda-developers site you will get solution

• 2015-02-14 10:51
  • uWGq
Total of 8885 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia U.