Sony Xperia U - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.4
7.1
7.1

Hangs up after ics update.

• 2014-11-10 14:58
  • utcQ

Its a great phone if u dont upgrade it to 4.0.4. If u do, the phone will become slow.

• 2014-11-10 14:32
  • mc9r

• 2014-11-10 14:31
  • mc9r

the worst ever experience...totally disgusting..frequestntly hangs up, when internet is on, u wont b able to receive a call on the first go, the only gud thing is the camera...but had the worst nightmare handling this phone

• 2014-11-10 09:56
  • tUam

one of the best phone
in this price... everything is in it... check its camera and ppi....

• 2014-11-09 19:46
  • 6QtH

Best phone ever

• 2014-11-05 15:57
  • 3ckM

xperia u is a total failure

• 2014-11-03 02:06
  • iwpE

Do not buy. Phone constantly locks up. When dialling a number I have had light touch response, firm touch response and no reaction at all and ALL three types of response in the same phone call. Often will not response when I get a call so I cannot answer. If I use the alarm and touch the wrong part of the screen I cannot switch the alarm off and have to remove the battery. I backed up my phone regularly using the Sony software however when my phone was stolen and I asked Sony how I could recover the backup I was told that I must connect the phone. Guess what, it has been stolen so how can I recover my backup. Sony's response was to use third party software; no suggestions.
What is the point of backup software if you cannot recover the data??
To summarise, on many occasions the phone does not operate as a phone; touch screen is problematic in that you do not know if it will work or not; Sony backup software is useless (except to Sony who want you to buy another phone.

• 2014-10-30 14:43
  • m9A7

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-27 21:30 from n551 - click to readI reverted mine to 2.3 OK. Was just a case of finding the FTF file of the 2.3 firmware for my region, then loading it on with flashtool. No unlocking, rooting or anything else required. Only fiddle was having to do a factory reset afterwards because some of the 4.0 settings confused 2.3, so it would go into a force-close loop. Much better for it, though.

• 2014-10-29 16:19
  • gKb4

After the upgrade, the phone is extremely slow! I do not recommend it

• 2014-10-28 16:02
  • pufP

I have had this phone for nearly two years and it is a good phone however the update has caused it to be very unresponsive, slow and when I receive texts, I receive multiple copies of them! The phone is very slow and does not have enough storage! Also, there is no way to return to the previous operating system, this is a disgrace! I would not recommend on buying this phone.

• 2014-10-27 21:30
  • n551

This phone's touch screen is worst ! my phones touch screen isn't working now. hereafter, i won't buy any sony mobile.
DON"T BUY SONY.

• 2014-10-27 13:08
  • iwpK

Very very worst product from sony i ever used. Everytime it hanged and shutdown instantly..

• 2014-10-27 07:09
  • IaH2

I am satisfied with this product and have been using it for 2 years

• 2014-10-21 10:15
  • 9C4@

This phone is a piece of shit. I've had problem with all the features of this phone at one time or the other. There are incredible phones out there in the market for the same price. I wasted my money. I feel like I'm robbed.

• 2014-10-19 14:49

• 2014-10-19 14:45
  • 7tW6

This phone is a piece of shit. There are some incredible phones out there in the market for the same price. I've had problems with all the features in this phone at one time or the other.

• 2014-10-19 14:37
  • 7tW6

> In reply to has to happen to me @ 2014-09-29 17:55 from n5Ur - click to readTo make a backup use 'easy backup' from play store- then connect with usb to computer-find the backup on your phone(file with a date of backup in its name) , install 'easy backup' on the other phone- connect with computer and copy backup to phone and restore it.

• 2014-10-18 23:39
  • T497

I have been using this for 2 years now. And iam more than happy with the product.the disadvantage is that of the interface which is not responsive at times and the keyboard which does not suit for people like me who are fast with the keypad. But overall it is satisfying and value for money for a rough users

• 2014-10-17 18:13
  • Hkts

having problems with ma phone jx two days after i bought it

• 2014-10-17 15:26
  • fuIn
Total of 8828 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia U.