Anonymous, 07 Feb 2013What do you mean? Do you realize we are talking about SONY xperia u?What is it that you fail to understand in my comment...i have clearly mentioned that i am comparing samsung galaxy s plus with Xperia u...i am telling samsung galaxy s plus has a weaker gpu and processor,no flash,screen is less bright and lastly its not sony(that means i am praising sony for their reliable products and please dont tell you thought i was talking about s plus here)...on the flipside,s plus has a better battery theoretically compared to Xperia u and has a larger screen(which does not bother me)...now do you understand...
This phone is very slow, Sorry Sony no more fore me.
Battery time les than 1 day , no root, too many stupid apps that cannot be removed but does eat memory.
Ercelan Ensari, 06 Feb 2013I have used this mobile for at least 4 months. I updated it to ICS. I was ok with it. But scre... moreand one more thing,the gpu of the s plus is very very weak compared to the previous galaxy s,so no comparison with xperia u,if u dont believe see the nena mark 2 result(galaxy s scored around 27 while s plus scores a mediocre 15).when you play games like mc4,you will notice considerable lag...the cpu is quite outdated too...its only because u installed cmod 10 that u are getting good performance...i did an upgrade to xu from s plus and u did vice versa... versa...it does not have flash either...display is not on par with xu(its less bright)...lastly its not SONY...
Alok roy, 07 Feb 2013after updating form(Gingerbread)TO (Ice Cream Sandwich)
phones performance is reduced.
it ... moreYes, sell it and buy quad-core krait with 2GB RAM, the its gonna run perfectly with all the bloat that you fail to understand it lags your device.
GL & HF
Hi, anyone please can assist me, i have Xperia U but it fail to download some application like Yahoo mail, WhatsApp and other application, bt internet connection id good. Plz anyone help me.
Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ercelan Ensari, 06 Feb 2013I have used this mobile for at least 4 months. I updated it to ICS. I was ok with it. But scre... moreDont you worry brother.Its samsung...it will start malfunctioning after exactly 12 months(ie the warranty period).absolutely nothing will work and samsung will behave as if that phone was never manufactured by them...they will suggest you to go for their flagship at that time...dont ask me how i know this as i have a samsung galaxy s plus too...
after updating form(Gingerbread)TO (Ice Cream Sandwich)
phones performance is reduced.
it working very Slow :\ :(
I want to sell that ..
Xavi3R, 06 Feb 2013After having read ALL opinions on the phone i'd like some PRESENT responsible answers from OWN... more
I bought xperia u 2 months ago and updated it to ICS 2 weeks ago. My advice: don't update to ICS.
- i used to have 2.3 gingerbread 6.0.b.3.188 build number and it performed very well. The camera focuses very fast even in complete darkness. If you have that build number and having good indoor shots is your concern then I suggest leave it as is.
- 2.3 gingerbread also handles live wallpapers without a problem, only slight lag. battery life is average, about 2 days moderate use.
- after ICS update, i didn't notice any difference on the usable storage, same with gingerbread.
- ICS is too laggy with live wallpaper on. Also the camera takes ages to focus on darkness, produced photos also tend to look yellowish when you use flash. On daylight, the camera produces purplish color on areas that are too white. Huge disappointment.
- Only good thing about the ICS update is the much improved battery life: 4.5 days standby time, no wifi use, 3G off, no games, only few texts and calls (compared to 3days max in gingerbread). Also, the new UI's font looks better to look at than gingerbread.
- Walkman is the new music player in ICS, sound quality is the same and slightly lower volume than the previous. I prefer the previous music player but in terms of looks, walkman app is better.
hope this helps. :)
did someone found a player that doesnt stop music play when using stock camera?
I have used this mobile for at least 4 months. I updated it to ICS. I was ok with it. But screen was small for me and mobile performance was slow especially after update to ICS.
I sold it and bought galaxy s plus. It is far better than the this. Speed is quite good. I have updated galaxy s plus to jb custom rom CM10. It's feel like I'm in Heaven. Bigger screen than XU, fast processor even if it is not dual core but 1.4ghz with great chipset it works better than XU. No flash light so no good result in low light but it is better in other specs.
I think you can upgrade via your Software which you can install from oyour phone to your PC or do this from Update Center in the menu. I have upgraded my Xperia S in the mentioned ways.
Can someone please tell me how to update my phone TO ics? I brought it 1.5 months ago.
would really appreciate it , thanks. :)
my xperia u is 6.1.1.C.1.0 & here is such problems. how can i upgrade it version 6.1.1.B.1.54?
which s best.. u vs go vs sola vs neo l...I ve xu..I m thinking to sell xu and get above mob. shud I stick with with xu r not.
bab.beb11, 06 Feb 2013Can files be transferred from my pc to this phone by USB??yes when u connect ur phone open my computer u will find Xperia u .. double click .. internal memory .. duoble click ... u will find ur internal memory or u can use pc companion
Hi, anyone can tell me how to switch to 2G internet and how i can connect internet?
u can e-mail me to email@example.com