Sony Xperia U - user opinions and reviews

Sony

Popularity

Daily interest
4.0%
Total hits:
14755609

Voting results

Design
7.4
Features
7.1
Performance
7.1
Votes:
570

Sort by:

As the main element of JB update is Project Butter which mainly focuses on interface smoothness.Now as Xperia U has a high resolution of 480*854 and just 512MB RAM it will not be able to run JB satisfactorily. None of the other phones receiving this update have 512MB RAM and this much resolution. Regarding the phones having Qualcomm processor I am not quite sure how they are managing the JB. There must be something better in Snapdragon than in the Novathor (which I am unable to find).That can only be the plausible explanation.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 21:00
  • uwVe
  • U

how is remove home screen application icon

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 19:47
  • 6wb}
  • U

download Mx player in play store nice movie

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 19:39
  • 6wb}
  • U

I can only understand that the excuse given by Sony is made in a view to boost the mediocre sales of Xperia Go and J. With U and Sola being sold like hot cakes, Sony seems to take things for granted and is assuming that people will go on to buy them despite of the lack of Jelly Bean. Such a cheap shot it is. Whatever happened to 'Providing support to all models for AT LEAST 18 months'.

One more important thing to notice here is, U and Sola, despite being 2012 phones, have been shipped with Gingerbread out of the box which was released in early 2011. Even the ICS update provided was actually released in 2011 by Google. So, as a matter of fact, Sony just provided the 2011 software to its 2012 portfolio and yet trying to showcase as if it really supported most of its models.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 19:24
  • 95qq
  • U

I have upgraded my phone o ICS. I have also done the reset. But the phone still gets slow a lot of times. A lot of time it hangs miserably and then I have to remove the battery and restart. What should be done?

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 18:31
  • KA0h
  • U

can any1 say me...how to activate video call in xperia U..

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 18:11
  • U@3n
  • U

> In reply to xperia U m.r.k @ 2012-12-21 11:50 from 63{B - click to readYou really need a computer to update the U to ICS. I am not sure about in other countries/regions but here in philippines for sure its not available OTA.

Its important to update the U to ICS 4.0.4 because of the Gingerbread WIFI issues this phone experiences on some wifi networks with high security. My wife was not going to upgrade her Xperia U to ICS (because its so fast and smooth on Gingerbread) but the Wifi issues gave her no choice. Lucky the upgrade didnt affect performance much, if at all, its good. Facebook Inside Xperia will be disabled after upgrade to avoid performance issues but it will ask you if you want to enable it again.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 16:56
  • vaNH
  • R

> In reply to solly85 @ 2012-12-21 13:28 from NuVX - click to readAs you say, 1.62 would be illegal (though not necessarily dangerous, since safety margins are ALWAYS built into things like this). So since the Xperia U is NOT illegal, it's an error. The real FCC-measured SAR (confirmed from FCC report) is 1.09, which is higher than some but not as high as many. The Euro SAR is 1.22 (legal limit 2.0, measured differently). Relax, it's really rather average.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 14:24
  • nU1K
  • R

> In reply to solly85 @ 2012-12-21 13:28 from NuVX - click to reads. Its dangerous

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 14:16
  • utwQ
  • R

guys I am soooooii confused sar rate in this device considered reall high than the normal 1.62w I dont know is this company got crazy it is soooooo dangerous and will have a bad effect sure on the users the moderate rate must not exceed 1w/k any body contact me to discuss please

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 13:28
  • NuVX
  • Q

> In reply to xperia U m.r.k @ 2012-12-21 11:50 from 63{B - click to readSmall over the air updates can arrive directly on your phone. To carry out an upgrade to ICS will require a desktop or laptop computer, so you would need to find a friend or colleague willing to assist. For best results use Sony Update Service (Windows), Bridge (Mac) or try using the website at http://www.sonymobile.com/glob...s/xperia-u/.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 12:14
  • nU1K
  • R

how is I update my new xperia U ics I don't have computer please tell me friends

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 11:50
  • 63{B
  • U

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-21 03:49 from t1$E - click to readDon't worry about low memory if performance is OK. Unlike many systems Android (because it's based on Linux) makes the most of available memory. Only a few MB free is not necessarily a bad thing - it means that apps you have used recently are ready to be re-used and not waste time and battery reloading. So long as they are sleeping at 0% CPU there is no problem.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 09:52
  • nU1K
  • R

Hi,
I am using this phone for last one month...the problem i am facing is with camera in dark.It is giving red eye when I m using it in dark.Even on selecting red eye reduction option it is giving white eye...can anyone plz suggest wht to do to get good pics?

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 09:42
  • t}yr
  • Q

just updated to ICS battery sucks,,
Plz help me with some good battery saving options,,,

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 06:14
  • fCQZ
  • Q

> In reply to rao @ 2012-12-20 14:36 from U3xT - click to readYou got usb on the go support on xp u then low & unexpandable memory doesn't make too much differance.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 05:47
  • tUn{
  • R

Sony Xperia 2012 Lineup Jelly Bean Upgrade

Back when Sony had released their X10 Android lineup, they gained a terrible reputation of not updating their phones to the newer Android OS versions. This caused a lot of trust issues with Sony and its customers, leading to many of Sony’s loyalists leave camp and move to smartphones by Samsung and HTC. So Sony changed their support model, supporting phones which they release for at least a year on. The first generation in this model was the Sony 2011 Xperia lineup (Arc, Neo, Mini), which Sony updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich earlier this year. In fact, the 2011 lineup got to taste ICS before the newer Sony Xperia 2012 lineup (S, P, U, Sola, Go). However, the update eventually came through, although a bit too late.

11 months after Google released their Android 4.0 ICS operating system, Sony finally seeded the update for their Xperia Sola, U and Go smartphones. A little too late considering Sony themselves were selling ICS packing smartphones costing as little as Rs. 9,499 (Xperia Tipo). And the update came at a time when Android 4.1 Jelly Bean was out for months and Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie is on the wings of release (LG Nexus 4).

Further, frustration built up when Sony Mobiles blog yesterday posted that their newest Xperia T/TX/V will receive Jelly Bean mid Q1 2013, followed by Jelly Bean for the Xperia J (which has a mediocre 1 GHz ARM Cortex A5 processor only), Xperia S Acro S and then later for the Xperia P and Go. This really put the owners of the Xperia U and Sola smartphones in a fix, all of them feeling trolled by what Sony just did to them, i.e. ditch them right in their faces.

However, today we can say that the Jelly Bean update is very much coming and we even have an approximate schedule as to when the updates will hit different smartphones from Sony’s 2012 Xperia lineup. This information comes from our sources within Sony Mobile Communications (and a 3rd party in between, trusted source).

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 05:44
  • vV5G
  • U

> In reply to [deleted post]Average price of xp u in india is 13500INR.ebay in india has unsafe payment method(paisapay) so if u want buy any item just take a look at procedure of payment also it does not have cash on delievery service.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 04:59
  • tUn{
  • R

memory is low, just 2/3 running apps and only 40MB memory available. also it shows total memory approx 380 MB. i dont know where are rest memories gone...

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 03:49
  • t1$E
  • U

hey guys is the sar value of this phone makes you infertile when you put it in your jeans pocket?

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-20 23:19
  • P@1G
  • C
Sort by:
Total of 8802 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia U.