Sony Xperia U - user opinions and reviews

7.0

nice handset bt 1 problem internal memory 8gb bt supported only 4gb

• 2014-01-06 04:32
  • 7jZw

how many memory does it have for downloading stuffs and that sh*t?

• 2014-01-06 01:32
  • dWh6

I have a xperia u,it's awesome.
but,i don't know - is it support for video call.if possible,then how? pls anyone inform me.

• 2014-01-05 18:48
  • uNVG

This model of xperia u is going smoothly till 3-4 months with low installation of applications.
But if u install more then 50 applications and if it is older then 6-7 it will go dead,means it will go hang repeatedly for sure until unless u format it periodically.
i will give 2 rating out of 5.

• 2014-01-04 13:42
  • utCB

Sony Xperia U
is tooi guddd
but sometime hanging
so u think formAt cellphone
but 1 problem is where I m save storage data...
give me suggestions
nd help me

• 2014-01-04 05:31
  • U@uu

> In reply to chandran @ 2014-01-01 19:01 from Xu@I - click to readyes it is possible... there are tons of tutorials how to do it just do a google search of it.. i'm using stock gingerbread right now for stock ics

• 2014-01-03 17:27
  • UD%d

i have xperia u it is gifted by friend it is suddenly switched off & i try many time power or many time while charging but it can't on so tel about this problem he asked me to press volume- and then connect to PC it vibrate and then i press power on button it on for some time but that time it almast hang after few minute it is off i try it many time but can't wake so but can i do now plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me solution

• 2014-01-03 17:13
  • 2SBs

still the best phone for me really good i dont have any problem in this phone

• 2014-01-03 16:18
  • sBSv

> In reply to Leanne @ 2014-01-02 18:01 from 0E{h - click to readAnd why cant you charge the battery in a desk charger, or pop in a charged battery? Chances are your battery is broken, not your phone.

• 2014-01-03 13:55
  • vaN}

I thought this phone was great (except that it didn't take an SD card) That was until one day it just decided not to charge for me, which means all my videos, pictures, contacts...everything is trapped inside it. I have only had the phone for a few months. I have been to 3 different places to see if my information can be recovered, but no luck. I really do not recommend this phone. Go for one that has external memory.

• 2014-01-02 18:01
  • 0E{h

> In reply to amir_sp @ 2013-12-31 14:47 from L9eU - click to readIs it possible to downgrade ?

• 2014-01-01 19:01
  • Xu@I

• 2014-01-01 19:00
  • Xu@I

The only problem in Xperia u is the external memory otherwise it is the best phone for low range androids phone

• 2014-01-01 16:26
  • XuMx

I dont understand the complaints about battery, my Xperia U has the best battery of all smartphones i had, it can last 3 to 4 days on normal usage, and easily lasts a day of somewhat heavy usage.

The problem is wifi, it drains enormous amounts of battery juice if wifi is kept on during standby and will just barely last the day, so i recommend to turn on Extended Standby Mode, or use the quicktoggle widget to turn off wifi manually for even more battery saving. If you are a 3G mobile internet user then Xperia U is an extremely good phone since the wifi drain issue will not bother you anyway plus HSDPA is usually faster than wifi, a win-win situation for this phone.

My U is stable and reliable, no crash, and no hang except when using Chrome browser - i have to use the default Android browser to get smooth browsing.

Very satisfied Xperia U user here, i came from a high end quadcore 1080p phone and was planning to get a new high end phone again soon but im so satisfied with the U that i may cancel my plans to buy Xperia Z1 Mini.

• 2014-01-01 15:23
  • vaN}

many times it slips from my hand but never breaks it never hangs the loudspeakers are not so loud the batery charge up quickly but at the same rate it discharage overall a good phone

• 2013-12-31 20:03
  • vGiY

it's handy and pocket sized.
i'm satisfied with this phone...i surf the net,use apps...
since i bought xperia u I don't use my laptop.
but i have to say it has some disadvantages
1.when u answer ur phone it takes some mil-seconds to respond.
2.It has a small display for reading or surfing the net but the small size has positive point to do ur works in ur bed with one hand(seriously good point,u would never understand it unless u try it)
3.it becomes laggy by the time u use it more and install more apps
4.when u upgrade xperia u it gets lag.
5.u have to charge it every half of the day if u work with it 4 hours(surfing the net with data turned on)

• 2013-12-31 14:57
  • L9eU

> In reply to PDC @ 2013-12-30 16:42 from LciL - click to readdowngrade to it's original firmware and it will be ok.

• 2013-12-31 14:47
  • L9eU

best mobile ever i use if battery time will increase their will be no match of experia

• 2013-12-31 09:44
  • wuc8
  • F

Terrible phone, extremely laggy after ICS update. Mine is so slow and crashes so often the battery cover is loose, so many times I remove it to unfreeze it. Some calls are impossible to answer, the time for the button to show is so long the calls go to voice mail. Others don't even have time for showing person name or image. I've reseted my Xperia U more than a couple of times in a year, and a few time latter it's lousy again.

• 2013-12-30 16:42
  • LciL

best phone ever!
protection for screen is so good, no scratch!

• 2013-12-30 11:50
  • JFke
Total of 8900 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia U.