Sony Xperia U - user opinions and reviews

7.0

what about the touch

• 2013-12-29 10:12
  • 0kQL

Hi franz... sonyxperia u i like it but purchase somedays so suggestions..
mob. issue note here all. feathers........

• 2013-12-28 05:11
  • vwes

At first it was good and smooth to operate but after it get sucked.....its touch quAlity is worst now

• 2013-12-26 15:56
  • t1$A

is it operator vedio call supported or not

• 2013-12-26 11:24
  • 2FYZ

I have this from nearly one year, brand new its good but nw touch screen not working speedly

if u r looking for buy this PLZ DONT

• 2013-12-26 08:43
  • PSWY

Guys, Xperia U - ST25i is best for video clarity as it has 280 PPI and sound is awesome (better than iPOD quality). Its stylish look makes you proud. But It hangs all the time if you load it with more apps..

• 2013-12-25 20:01
  • s81X

> In reply to Aycaramba @ 2013-12-23 19:35 from bE8x - click to readSuper phone at this price its honestly best buy

• 2013-12-25 19:35
  • uvfx

> In reply to sonia @ 2013-12-24 12:44 from tA$B - click to readSony M or Sony L

• 2013-12-25 11:48
  • uvu1

could any one tell me if i should buy this phone or not because i am confused of the mixed comments. One more thing am going to be a first for ths smart phone world. please tell me which phone to buy is xu or other

• 2013-12-25 06:41
  • vG0v

so guys, which one is better Samsung or Sony? i'm so confuse about it

• 2013-12-24 12:44
  • tA$B

This is my first smartphone, and despite the amazing experience in the first couple of weeks, I got to say this a pathetic buy. I bought this phone for around USD 300 about a year ago, and honestly, this phone embarrassed me many times in front of my friends with much inferior feature phones. Basic things like opening up the dialer app, making and receiving calls are like a Herculean task. The battery is shitty, the loud speaker is muffled and crappy, whole UI lags like anything, camera sometimes gives you okay-ish pics in strong light and sometimes fucks the whole thing up. It would be better if we don't talk about the low light performance. RAM was advertised to be as 512 MB, but the maximum available is around 340 MB at anytime.

The only good things are the high PPI display and the LED notification bar. My brother's Lumia 520, which costs you a cool USD 100 lesser, outperforms this garbage in almost everything.

• 2013-12-23 19:35
  • bE8x

> In reply to nick @ 2013-12-22 10:59 from sBSv - click to readGood for gaming? Even temple run lags in my xperia u!
Anyone who is reading I'm telling you now - Don't buy this. I bought this phone brand new and it's rubbish - the internet lags like crazy and simple games like candy crush allways force closesand lags. 1 massive problem is that the phone is soo small in width - Its the same as 3 pencils in width - seriously.The only thing good is for calling and messaging . You might think this is good but you will regret it so badly.

• 2013-12-23 13:52
  • HKBk

Definitely not worth buying. After using it for around 6 months i started facing problem with the touch screen which has gone totally useless now. The Sony after-sales is the worst i have come across in my life. So a strict No-no to Xperia U.

• 2013-12-23 09:22
  • sSTX

so its better not to bUy this.

• 2013-12-22 14:39
  • HFYQ

best phone for me. good battery clear cam and good in gaming too

• 2013-12-22 10:59
  • sBSv

That was my first smartphone,an despite some initial happiness, a buy that i regretted much. My advice is to stay away from it! I have used it for a while on android2.3 and i think it was the time i was getting used to the smartphone idea, i believe that worked reasonably. But then i was happy to see the official ics 4.0,update (one of the reasons i bought this phone was the promise of the upgrade), and i readily joined the new android version. It was a hell:immediately a bug in the wifi would make it stuck to on so that very often the only way to connect to wifi was doing a reboot;maybe i had never used much gps before, but when comparing to my friend's i was often laugh because mine took hours longer to make the fix; Then over time phone became unusable even for basics tasks like calling or sending sms. I found then it was lack of ram causing the issue, and the facebook application growing demand; battery duration which has never been great, fell under the 8hours threshold: i had to start recharging it at work. Fed up with those limitations, i started to play with custom roms, and i finally found experience2.0 which at least fixed the wifi bug and improved response of the launcher. Disabling widgets, facebook, whatsapp, google+ and all other thing could pop notifications, the system became reasonably useful... Still my friends were si fed up with my complaints that they gave me a nexus4... Then the xperia u was relegated to backup device. I have finally stopped using it for anything "smart", and that's

• 2013-12-21 20:08
  • 0KZE

it is just crap phone , extremely slow- never recon

• 2013-12-21 09:26
  • PAZ6

im from india. i purchased this mobile and upgraded the phone to ICS right away so i had no experience on how the phone works with Gingerbread. however recently when i had a few issues with the touch screen and performance i contacted the service center regarding this. they then downgraded the phone back to gingerbread after service. now with GB running the performance is brilliant. but however the ease of use which i enjoyed in ICS missing as GB is not very user friendly. but the performance of GB is unmatched. so i suggest people not to upgrade to ics and use gingerbread to avoid poor performance and battery backup.

• 2013-12-21 09:23
  • vIfF

Except the back up thing, is there anything else I need to take care of before upgrading my xpu to ics??im from India

• 2013-12-20 12:07
  • uvUx
Total of 8900 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia U.