Sony Xperia U - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.4
7.1
7.1

Dear All, this phone processor is very low dont buy this phone

• 2013-10-26 11:11
  • vGxd

it is a really good mobile...only drawback in phone is internal memory is very low and not adding of SD CARDS...overall to say it good mobile...i am using it for 1 and half year ...no problem wit my phone

• 2013-10-26 09:23
  • utY}

hi friends, please help me
how to upgrade,this phone

• 7tCa

am having lot of problem in 2.3 version dont buy dis

• 2013-10-25 11:41
  • 7qJp

Dear all Xperia U users. I have xperia U from last one year, Initially it was coming with gingerbread now I updated it into ICS and Now it is running at ICS from last four or five months. I have faced lot of lagging problem with this phone specially to do phone calls I faced lot of lagging.
Lot of people write that after updated to ICS they are not able to use this phone due to lagging or hang problem.
Here I told all of u some suggestion and I already applied those suggestions on my phone itself and now it was running so much smoothly compare to as all of u mentioned.
First of all, everyone control ur expectation on this phone as it has only 512 mb ram and running with comparatively older cortex A9 dual core processor.

Firstly all of u reset ur phone ie factory reset(everyone which are running with gingerbread and ICS both) it will taken some time to complete the reset procedure, during reset ur phone will be restarted but remember to back up all ur data b4 reseting.

After reset u will get back to its initial position,at that time u r able to find all application which was installed with the phone after its new purchase or after updated to ICS.
Everybody plz reset ur phone and see the result after that u all installed limited application coz it is not like a high end device and only connect internet on those time when u needed and always restarted the phone onece in a day. If u sync all ur email and facebook at a time then this phone runs little slowly but this speed is also not bad as like b4 reseting.

Then after use internet kindly disable ur sync process and I am sure that all of u are able to find good result.
Games are also running almost smmothly like temple run, subway surfer, some other car racing game, angry bird etc.
In ICS walkman application is so much beautiful and I think everybody should try this at ICS.
Lastly dont forget this phone has so much higher ppi(288 pixel per inch) compare to recent times phones and its disply clearity is awesome.

If u faced any problem after that then kindly inform me in my email: baniktrisanu@gmail.com.
If possible I will try to share my xperience with u.

• 2013-10-25 10:35
  • 95j9

> In reply to Prash @ 2013-10-21 17:15 from uuty - click to readyou didn't tell us how to root ,unlock the
bootloader in a simple and easy way

• 2013-10-24 18:31
  • rAf$

niceeeeeeeeeeeeee mobile

• 2013-10-24 15:23
  • uude

yes friends sony xepria u is very bad phone plzz do not buy this phone after 2-3 mounth touch not workig

• 2013-10-23 17:05
  • YTj2

> In reply to Soft Heart @ 2013-10-22 15:07 from 9x2H - click to readWith Linux's powerful memory management behind the scenes, low free memory is not necessarily the problem it seems. Much of the used memory is "cached", i.e. stored ready for instant access in case an application needs it again. If you launch something else that needs the space, it'll take it. Although more memory is always good, so long as miracles are not expected, Linux in many ways works best if memory is full rather than empty. Bear in mind most people's experience of memory management is Windows, which is of course pretty ghastly, and the scenario described would be a real problem.

That said, another 512MB RAM wouldn't have gone amiss.

• 2013-10-23 14:38
  • nUbA

Have 4 month experience of Xperia U.
Low storage.
Low ram 380 MB total and moreover u will find aboue 250Mb ram in use always don't know where used. Finally u will find only about 180 Mb ram free to play games or launch apps. This is so annoying.

• 2013-10-22 15:07
  • 9x2H

> In reply to AnotherUser @ 2013-10-18 11:11 from 3AdA - click to readI very much agree. I got this phone because I don't tend to use most of the features of higher-spec phones so I thought this one would do just well for me, the review was also good.

But especially after updating it to Android 4 (which was always intended for this phone by Sony, from launch) it's absolutely ridiculous how slow it's gotten. It was slow on Android 2 (.3 or .7, can't remember) but it's just outrageous now. Everything is slow. Hell, often I have to try multiple times just to undo the screen lock until the phone manages that.
phone call? I have gotten used to waiting an additional few seconds before talking because the phone takes that long to start the call.
Restarting the phone everyday, sometimes more often, helps a bit but it doesn't remove the problem.
And I really don't use the phone for a ton, I don't play games, I don't make videos. I mainly use it for phone calls, SMS, Google Maps, synching a few e-mail accounts (in power-saving mode because the battery lasts barely a day otherwise) and reading on my Kindle app.

I very much regret getting this phone.

• 2013-10-22 11:02
  • MrFf

how is skype with dis phone? comment plz

• 2013-10-21 20:43
  • 8jpX

Devswift V6 Stock Jelly Bean with experimental kernel is Most Stable Functional Fluid ROM ever
this rom is faster than gingerbread rom
surely better than most stable roms in ICS like Zperiance, eXperiance
who thinks staying on gingerbread only gives u performance in xperia U you will be surprised by performance of Stock Jelly Bean v6 by DevSwift
performance of this rom is better in all aspects
performance, battery, fluidity, speed, gaming, features n all
so better unlock your bootloader and install the rom and enjoy Jelly Bean experience

• 2013-10-21 17:15
  • uuty

if it is in the wet and the dust that decrease the phone touch....then how come that's sony service center fix the phone, they may be said that... men it's not the same as samsung. please dont make a Shit...
im 100% sony user now im 10%.... it is quite annoying

• 2013-10-21 16:21
  • vpbs

Mine does nt support wma file..y is dat so

• 2013-10-21 16:19
  • fuvx

No Upgradable Memory

• 2013-10-21 06:18
  • P$5D

> In reply to Akoba @ 2013-09-25 23:15 from 9DN$ - click to readbut what about with my problem ive'd never been upgrading it into an ice cream, read all the regulation on how to use the phone well..."manual's" but ater a month my phone got a problem on screen....maybe your hypothesis isn't correct.

• 2013-10-20 06:21
  • vpbs
Total of 8754 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia U.