Sony Xperia U - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.4
7.1
7.1

> In reply to nick @ 2013-12-22 10:59 from sBSv - click to readGood for gaming? Even temple run lags in my xperia u!
Anyone who is reading I'm telling you now - Don't buy this. I bought this phone brand new and it's rubbish - the internet lags like crazy and simple games like candy crush allways force closesand lags. 1 massive problem is that the phone is soo small in width - Its the same as 3 pencils in width - seriously.The only thing good is for calling and messaging . You might think this is good but you will regret it so badly.

• 2013-12-23 13:52
  • HKBk

Definitely not worth buying. After using it for around 6 months i started facing problem with the touch screen which has gone totally useless now. The Sony after-sales is the worst i have come across in my life. So a strict No-no to Xperia U.

• 2013-12-23 09:22
  • sSTX

so its better not to bUy this.

• 2013-12-22 14:39
  • HFYQ

best phone for me. good battery clear cam and good in gaming too

• 2013-12-22 10:59
  • sBSv

That was my first smartphone,an despite some initial happiness, a buy that i regretted much. My advice is to stay away from it! I have used it for a while on android2.3 and i think it was the time i was getting used to the smartphone idea, i believe that worked reasonably. But then i was happy to see the official ics 4.0,update (one of the reasons i bought this phone was the promise of the upgrade), and i readily joined the new android version. It was a hell:immediately a bug in the wifi would make it stuck to on so that very often the only way to connect to wifi was doing a reboot;maybe i had never used much gps before, but when comparing to my friend's i was often laugh because mine took hours longer to make the fix; Then over time phone became unusable even for basics tasks like calling or sending sms. I found then it was lack of ram causing the issue, and the facebook application growing demand; battery duration which has never been great, fell under the 8hours threshold: i had to start recharging it at work. Fed up with those limitations, i started to play with custom roms, and i finally found experience2.0 which at least fixed the wifi bug and improved response of the launcher. Disabling widgets, facebook, whatsapp, google+ and all other thing could pop notifications, the system became reasonably useful... Still my friends were si fed up with my complaints that they gave me a nexus4... Then the xperia u was relegated to backup device. I have finally stopped using it for anything "smart", and that's

• 2013-12-21 20:08
  • 0KZE

it is just crap phone , extremely slow- never recon

• 2013-12-21 09:26
  • PAZ6

im from india. i purchased this mobile and upgraded the phone to ICS right away so i had no experience on how the phone works with Gingerbread. however recently when i had a few issues with the touch screen and performance i contacted the service center regarding this. they then downgraded the phone back to gingerbread after service. now with GB running the performance is brilliant. but however the ease of use which i enjoyed in ICS missing as GB is not very user friendly. but the performance of GB is unmatched. so i suggest people not to upgrade to ics and use gingerbread to avoid poor performance and battery backup.

• 2013-12-21 09:23
  • vIfF

Except the back up thing, is there anything else I need to take care of before upgrading my xpu to ics??im from India

• 2013-12-20 12:07
  • uvUx

I had exact problem; now post warranty, i rooted and went back to gingerbread. it is nimble again; worth trying.

• 2013-12-19 12:09
  • uwuT

I have this mobile for year and a half, and i must this is piece of shit, telepfone is horrilbe, slow, unresponsive, sometimes so slow i cant answer the call, sms i cannot type...Went from samsung to sony, never ever again! Sony is crap

• 2013-12-19 09:05
  • mVKN

> In reply to xperia u is rubbish @ 2013-12-04 20:18 from HKMd - click to readVery bad .tuch screene problem dont by this pls

• 2013-12-19 05:51
  • vQ{e

can someone help me? i asked someone to upgrade to ics on my xu .. he says images wont gone and i'll be in sd card.. but ALL my images gone :( how to bring it back possibly??

• 2013-12-18 11:11
  • PINa

• 2013-12-18 11:07
  • PINa

Guys plz help me..... Which is better xperia u or galaxy s?????

• 2013-12-18 05:02
  • s%{w

i used that phone for over a year and a half now .
seriously SONY is the best !
very very high processor and my phone falls on the floor once a day at least :D and it feels like nothing ever happened (thanks god) just buy it in confidence
THIS MOBILE MADE ME LOVE SONY!

• 2013-12-17 13:01
  • Nkhy

> In reply to SRM @ 2012-01-18 19:56 from vbMw - click to readThis is wonderfull and my favorite phone...
I like this

• 2013-12-15 16:50
  • nTSx

seriously dont ever buy this phone. i used this phone about 1 year and 2 month. this is the second time the screen doesnt work and i'm not gonna repair it. i'm changing to other brand~

• 2013-12-15 12:01
  • tue2

> In reply to getcy @ 2013-12-13 18:05 from iwpE - click to readi prefer thz pin oz i opt 2 say ma brow z gona gv t 2 me

• 2013-12-14 00:13
  • NsIq

guys, don't even think about it, i think it is faliar version of sony. i had this 4n. after 5 month touch screen hasn't work. when i go to 4n shops to rapair it, they told me y did u buy this 1?. it is very bad version of sony.

• 2013-12-13 18:05
  • iwpE

xperia u works best on gingerbread,i updated to ics n phone faced too much lags n hanging,even making call n picking up call is also too difficult...then i went to sony service centre to downgrade the phone back to gingerbread,they charge 300 bucks if ur phone is not under warranty..now my phone is speed n lag free....

• 2013-12-11 04:00
  • XuFG
Total of 8888 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia U.