Sean, 19 Nov 2012No it doesn't the Ace 2 is slick and smooth. Sean , Thanx for information . Could you also answer James79 , It would be helpful
Asif , after removal of camera cover , if the blue circle is still there , Just update your phone , I guess it's a software issue
Sean, 19 Nov 2012No it doesn't the Ace 2 is slick and smooth. Can the ace 2 cope with games like nfs most wanted and nova 3?
FF, 20 Nov 2012Can anyone tell me what user memory u get when u on the phone first time (it says 2GB for apps... morePretty much that. Little bit gets reserved for pre-installed apps etc, but it's not far off.
Can anyone tell me what user memory u get when u on the phone first time (it says 2GB for apps plus 4GB for storing data = Total 6GB). Is this true or u get less than that?
asif, 19 Nov 2012Just after 2 days use I dont knw wht happen A blue spot starts coming in the pic taking by ba... moreI know the problem. Just open the back cover of your phone and remove the plastic lid that is put on the camera as it was put there to protect it
my headset stoppd workng on my cel phone. but works on othr cel phones... wen I use other headset on my cel, thy work. so my headset n port, both r workng proporly. but dusn work on my cel wen connected 2 the port. wat 2 do nw? waz the prblm? plZ giv a soltn.
How to download music in Xperia U pls tell me friends pls bcs this phone missing memory slot.
Pls help me
Android OS is eating battery in my xperia U. What is the solution?
Just after 2 days use I dont knw wht happen
A blue spot starts coming in the pic taking by back camerand if taken by front camera its ok
Tell me whts wrong
Rest of the thng in my 2 day experience is great
There are a lot of conflicting comments and I would like to suss it out now. If you buy this phone new, should you charge it for at least 16 hours before the first use? Please help!
I am really confused between Xperia U & Ace2
Ace2 is better at (768 MB RAM & 3.8 inches Display) ........... but I am worried about Its 800mhz CPU
Does it affect performance and gaming
& which is better ?
I purchased Xperia U 3 months ago and was working fine in the begining but now i am having problem with the screen as when i try to type msgs,the unwanted alphabets get selected and also the msgs gets sent,i tried rebooting the mobile and tried lots of time but no use,too worst phone...
Ahmed14, 18 Nov 2012HI there,
I would like to buy the xperia u phone. however, after reading lots of reviews and ... moreIn response to your comment...
1. Skype and Gtalk works very good for me. Although in GB the front camera barely works in low-lighting situation but it has been fixed in ICS
2. never tried that, but it should be fine
3. Yes, it is dim and all phones are like that. It doesn't really bother me much, as you can also use the transparent bar as notification lights as well by installing 'Illumination Bar' app from market.
4. There's noticeable lag during the first 2-3 hours after update, as, I guess, the system is shifting to the new os. Afterwards lags mostly happen when using camera because now the camera takes long time to focus and when you play video, you'll notice some choppy frame drop (no longer smooth as in GB). Other apps work just fine.
I reverted back to GB bcs I use camera quite often and watch lots of video. So if you're like me, I'd recommend to stay on GB until Sony release a newer os. If you don't mind of camera or video playback, upgrading to ICS is very worth it.
5. I don't see too much different between GB and ICS, though GB is slightly better in my opinion. Also depends on your network, in your scenario, I could expect my phone to last from full to below 15% within one and a half day (using 2G/EDGE only) or less than 24 hours in continuous 3G/HSPA.
6. I have same scenario and it works fine for me. But I am not a heavy user of all of those, so if you use all these apps very often (like every 15-20 mins)I can expect some lags especially in ICS, but not much.
However, I'd recommend not to use Facebook inside Xperia if u have lots of friends on FB (300+) as it really slows down the phone.
Khan-g, 19 Nov 2012awesome mobile i love sony.... all u guys dont think any thing just buy it awesome sell phone ... moreYou will be very disappointed by miro! I tried one last week! Bad chipset, laggy and only 2finger multitouch! Xu and Lww best in price range!
368MB visible RAM sounds about right. Per the FAQ, the Android system reserves a chunk of RAM for itself to assure basic operation and for graphics buffers etc.
512MB is on the low end for a current phone, for sure, but rarely a problem in practice - even with ICS I'm finding. This isn't designed as a phone to push to the limit.
Note that RAM boosters (a.k.a. task killers) are of limited if any use, and may actually end up draining battery instead, since killed tasks will just start again. Android is based on Linux, which has very good memory management and actually works better by keeping the memory full of dormant applications.