Sony Xperia Z - user opinions and reviews

Sony

I got finally tired of Sony´s own Android with white background, battery issues and tons of bloatware and flashed CM11. Much better performance and greater look.

• 2014-11-25 18:43
  • JD2a

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-19 18:56 from 6Q0X - click to readSure, if you root it.

• 2014-11-25 18:38
  • JD2a

> In reply to [deleted post]The latest model is Z3 (D6603, D6643, D6653, or D6616), depend on country.

• 2014-11-25 17:25
  • tDCs

> In reply to Cedrickk @ 2014-11-25 15:51 from v0qT - click to readThank you. Xperia Z is the cheapest between Z1 and Z1 Compact. Because price is vary, depends on country. In Indonesia, the difference cost between Z1 and Z1 Compact can reach USD 42, Z1 is the most expensive among them.

I am simple user, for me, camera is just OK, when I active the main camera, there were several small black dot (I don't know what they are called), my Xperia Z was second hand and I was sure no problem with first owner, he didn't tried yest put it on water. While the front camera is clear, no small back dots. Design, I like it although I hate the service center repair service in my country, both front and back were made by a like glass, look very good. The flaps that cover ports of course fro protect water and dust. Frequently use, open and close like want to get it charge, one a day it this flap side becomes not as tight as other flaps, I thinks it's normal. Power on/off button made in stainless steel, good idea, prevents it from corotion.

Hardware, so far I don't face any problem. The problem is software, noticed it when it is in KitKat 4.4., sometimes the earpiece won't work and sometimes it gets back to normal again. When it is doesn't work, if I receive a call or I call people, I can't hear any sound, the earpiece area if is pressed, the sound will appear again. Bugs in KitKat. In Jelly Bean 4.3 I can't guarantee too if there will a bug like this again or not.

Xperia Z1 Compact looks nicer although it's smaller, but the performance is good

• 2014-11-25 17:08
  • tDCs

what is the latest model of sony xperia z

• 2014-11-25 16:35
  • X}tM

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2014-11-25 15:34 from tDCs - click to readHello. I can see that you are using this phone for several months. Can you tell me its overall performance? Its camera, design, software, hardware etc. And which do u suggest? Xperia Z, Z1 or Z1Compact? How much is the price difference?

• 2014-11-25 15:51
  • v0qT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-25 09:04 from TgA} - click to readI can just give a suggest, if you're OK with a bug (problem) you can go for Xperia, water resistant is a plus. I post it here, about earpiece speaker issue in during call can't hear people talk because I myself experience. I noticed it after KitKat 4.4. In Jelly Bean 4.3 I couldn't remember, I read in internet, other user said experience the same issue too even he/she in Jelly Bean 4.3.

For HTC One M7 I never use, can't share much about it.

• 2014-11-25 15:34
  • tDCs

Im thinking of buying a phone. Either xperia z or z1compact. Which of these phones you prefer? And which is more expensive?

• 2014-11-25 15:11
  • v0qT

Love this phone. I've "given up" upon long battery life for my smart phones, but so far the Xperia Z is quite battery friendly, mostly because it's easy to check what programs drain my batteries. I can go all with normal use and still have 75% battery charge left. (normal for me that's a couple of texts and phone calls and probably an half an hour gaming and regular snapchat visits) And with the "stamina" feature that basicaly turns off internett\screen\data traffic when not using it, I can go a week without charging my phone. Typical problem for me before this phone was; "Drinking a few beers in town, getting late, time to call the driver!, aah... oh no 15% battery left, better hurry, ""Yea sure, i'll pick you up, i'll call when i'm close by"" 14 minutes later, my phone's dead..." With Xperia Z 15% + stamina mode = 2 days with limited use no problem....

Wow look at me.. I usually don't review stuff, but this phone desverves credit where credit is due.

So basicly those considering this phone, go for it! it's awesome, only negative thing I can say about it is that the front cam needs good lighting to be able to take good pictures, in a normal lit up room it kinda sucks.. daylight front cam pictures are perfect though :)

• 2014-11-25 13:21
  • MMbs

I upgraded the OS become kit kat now, however i found some bug(maybe) as follows:
1. Battery drain very fast than before.Before Upgrade can stand for one day full now is 3/4 days
2.Mostly i have an internet connection problem When i am going out from home/office switching . I observed maybe the OS has failed to switch data connection from WIFI to mobile data
3. GPS Problem, When I activated the google maps then automatically i will be asked to turn on the GPS. When GPS Active then it will shows on task bar on home menu.When i closed the google map then GPS sign on task bar become dissapear but when you check the phone setting on GPS section it shown "ON"??. i am facing this problem also on my MOTO G with os KITKAT.

Thanks in advance if some one can resolve the above problems.

• 2014-11-25 10:20
  • upXC

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2014-11-24 23:48 from tDMv - click to readI am to by this phone...or HTC one M7....and I am slightly inclined towards XPERIA Z..... butt after reading your experience about earpiece I am again thinking about this phone.... should I go for it? help me..... to make a right decision...

• 2014-11-25 09:04
  • TgA}

> In reply to [deleted post]Price is vary depend on your location.

• 2014-11-25 03:59
  • tDMv

Read here too about ear speaker not working:

Well, I installed Xperia Diagnostic, ear proximity works well, test call toll free operator service I could hear the voice again, I think this ear piece / speaker is randomly not working, if it is not working, I press a little near the speaker area, the voice will sound again. Like they said in forum, pressing it is not good idea.

The issue or bug like this has disappointed me, better I choose Samsung or LG one a day. No more Xperia Z series again I think.

• 2014-11-24 23:48
  • tDMv

> In reply to sunkie @ 2014-11-24 23:11 from fsV2 - click to readIf you recieve incoming call, during a call you can't hear people's sound, if you activate speaker, you can hear him/her, but when you switch off speaker, you can't hear him/her voices.

Many users experience this ear speaker malfunction, read here:

• 2014-11-24 23:38
  • tDMv

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2014-11-24 23:03 from tDMv - click to readWhats wriong with the earpiece? Nd how do i reinstall my 4.2.2

• 2014-11-24 23:11
  • fsV2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-24 19:24 from uuDY - click to readBattery is better but I don't recommend, the KitKat 4.4.4 in Xperia Z experience earpiece malfunction again, have just experienced this morning, very disappoint with KitKat.

• 2014-11-24 23:03
  • tDMv

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-24 13:52 from KIgw - click to readNo, not yet solved. I experience malfunction again now. I think I will do downgrade first.

• 2014-11-24 23:00
  • tDMv

I have big problem with my batery,after upgrade to 10.5.1.A.0.292.The batery draining very fast!!! You have the same problem ??? Thanks !!!

• 2014-11-24 19:57
  • nygt

Can any one tell me about battery back up in xpz with 4.4.4.. Becoz I want to its a flaw in ma phne or watt??

• 2014-11-24 19:24
  • uuDY

> In reply to lightning @ 2014-11-24 13:22 from 70gJ - click to readNice. My Xperia Z is black color too.

• 2014-11-24 18:37
  • tDMv
Total of 15672 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia Z.