Sony Xperia Z - user opinions and reviews

Sony

I am using xperia z for 5 months. And i think it's a good phone.If it's battery performance increased a little bit it would be a great phone. But still i am satisfied.. :)

• 2015-02-08 22:59
  • X{vx

Awaiting lollipop update for my Z
May I know when?

• 2015-02-08 14:57
  • 0v5A

I have had 4 Sony Xperia cells, and 1 Xperia tablet, I really like their products. The Sony Z was bought for my husband's 2014 Christmas present. Sony changes flagship cells often, so I was able to get him a t-mobile counter model, never registered for under $200/new delivered. Their camera and Walkman features are worth more, as stand alone products than that. These phones have great features... very clear screen, nice sound, large micro SD card option, easy to use, have Android apps, nice watch, headphone and NFC accesisories that Bluetooth instantly. Mine have been dropped repeatedly over the years and never shattered or stopped working, I am careful and also a little clumsy. I took mine to Germany in October, other than only getting 2G (ugh) the price was right and we had internet and cell service very reasonably.

• 2015-02-08 00:01
  • jLBm

When battry goes below 15% phn shows battry low and battry level instantly go to 0 and phone switched off. Fault is in battry or phone? whats the solution pls help! I can't use it in low battry.. Pls tell...

• 2015-02-07 19:11
  • rAPR

I'm planning to buy this phone. Can anyone tell me is it worth for buying? Is it fast? How about picture quality?

• 2015-02-07 16:26
  • JK11

The camera is amazing outdoors but indoors not so great. Front camera could be better, the speakers aren't really that loud but except for that its a great phone I've had it for more than a year now and i don't regret it one bit :D

• 2015-02-06 17:23
  • s9B$

well...... Am currently using xperia s...... 32GB internal memory......very sharp camera.....bt i want to buy xperia z........ Z is quite a more matured one......de overheating issue is a normal android issue......z is a good onee

• 2015-02-06 10:58
  • fuNc

ok thanks.how about the quality of camera? could you tell me about it

• 2015-02-06 06:49
  • 6cgR

ok thaks guys.how about the quality of camera? could you tell me

• 2015-02-06 06:40
  • 6cgR

> In reply to kta @ 2015-02-05 15:49 from nyfF - click to readThen you was luckly one. No all users experience the same after drop into water.

• 2015-02-05 23:33
  • tDMq

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2015-02-05 03:52 from tDMX - click to read I have a Xperia Z from march 2013. I've dropped it in the pool, even washed it in the sink. Not a problem. waiting for lollipop.

• 2015-02-05 15:49
  • nyfF

Hey bro,i have planned to buy this phone. could you explain to me about your experience with this phone.about display,battery life,camera,everything you know

• 2015-02-05 15:03
  • tht}

Hey bro,i have planned to buy this phone. could you explain to me about your experience with this phone.about display,battery life,camera,everything y ou know. and which is better camera Sony Xperia Z or Iphone 5

• 2015-02-05 14:54
  • thuH

> In reply to lyn @ 2015-02-04 15:18 from mSjD - click to readXperia Z is IP 5.7. When I still used it, I tried splash it with water, it was OK, but I never drop it into water like in bathroom, drop it into pool, too risky. So, I conclude we can't make sure the water resistant will survive or not. Many complaints even with higher rank like Xperia Z1, Xperia Z2, in my country, because of got little water, the phones got damage.

The best idea is don't deliberatly trial error with water resistant phones.

• 2015-02-05 03:52
  • tDMX

I am using Xperia Z Since June 2013. Everything is good in this phone. But only problem is with Sound, no clarity while talking over phone and if v use long time it will get heat.
Especially playing the games.

• 2015-02-04 19:05
  • t}ff

> In reply to sree @ 2015-02-02 07:17 from KhtI - click to readSelect manual mode >white balance >cloudy mode and after take photos no one match the other phones one of the best camera in Xperia z

• 2015-02-04 15:47
  • uvPW

saying water resistant for 1m is not true,my xperia z damaged when I used it in a very shallow swimming pool and i pay 10k for teh repair at sony service center in manila to think that it is only 3mos old when it was happen but they said warranty is void such a WASTE of money!

• 2015-02-04 15:18
  • mSjD

Am using this phone almost 2 years till now, there's no problem at all, except the SOUNDS very very bad... POOR! sony please ...heating is not an issue...

• 2015-02-04 09:18
  • S1NH

i've been using this phone for almost two years now. you have to root your phone if you want to achieve at least 5 hours of screen time. also, use the stock camera app on manual mode if you will not install 3rd party apps such as camera-FV. i prefer the latter. overall, i do not regret buying this phone. its entirely up to the user to maximize the capabilities and explore the options android provides.

• 2015-02-03 09:40
  • vxsB

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-02-01 10:01 from s5kn - click to readHad this phone for 2 years now and have had no problems with it. In terms of general phone usage the battery always gets me to the end of a work day (unless my son plays Fifa 15 on it), the build quality is good and there is no discernable lag. The camera is fine for what I use it for and as far as I'm concerned it has been a far better phone than the Galaxy S2 which had a woeful battery. For me battery life is pretty key as there is no point having the greatest phone on earth if its dead by mid afternoon. I think a lot of hot air is wasted on the difference between cameras in flagship phones. The camera on the Sony Zis good but not great and I would still be looking to take any meaningful photos with a dedicated point and shoot camera. If you are a professional photographer you wouldn't be seen dead using a mobile phone to take pictures even if it had an excellent camera. THus for the average user the camera quality in most flagship smart phones will be adequate for taking a quick snap on a night out but should never be considered to be an alternative to a decent quality point and shoot.
As far as it being waterproof or not have never tested that aspect of it underwater though have used it in the pouring rain and never had an issue.

• 2015-02-02 18:28
  • MIaF
Total of 16323 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia Z.